1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #19

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Feb 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

After careful consideration, I'm now going to play Might and Magic 4&5 - World of Xeen (again).

2. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] *re-rescues the trout and puts it in a nice home in Chirofen with the other rescued Trout*

3. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] ARGH!! Have to do silly commentary for my coursework and it's too obscure to commentate on. Damm my obscureness!!

4. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I need EJSmith or someone good at thief.

Hmm, hang on, I have a walkthrough from online...

But I still want to know about a couple of things I found...

that hidden room is weird... so is the basketball court... and the roof...

5. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Ouch Malovae! Builders in? I hope you know of of 'em otherwise they gonna make ya cough up! :(

6. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

Hehe, I suddenly wantes to make a song.....
    "The fallen angel from hell" :D

7. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I may actually have a proper job soon! Will find out tomorrow

8. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

my phsical chemistry lecturer posted the front page equation list for us to prepare for the exam. She accidently posted the whole exam.

by the way, post 666.

9. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Gah! It is so überly hot that, by law, school should be canceled. The rumour was out that it would be, and then the crushing announcement - there will be school tomorrow.

Let us see how many actually show up...

10. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

The Queensland law is by 'common sense'. Anyway, the Queensland Teacher's Union recommended to parents to keep their kids home tomorrow. It's going to hit 39C, and 41C on Saturday.

I SAW BOWIE!!! I am so bloody stoked! It was the single most awesome concert I have ever been to. I'm beginning to sound like a teenybopper girl, but its true. He opened with Rebel Rebel, and then played New Killer Star and Reality (off the new record) and then Fame. That opening blew me away. Anyway, the concert was tops, with an awesome stage show.

He came back for an encore. Heroes, Sufferagette City and Ziggy Stardust. God that man rocks.

11. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

I have heard that the law says 40 degrees - the best laws never tell people to use common sense.

12. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Funny, up here we never have the problem with it being too hot. Schools used to close if it hit -35ºC, but now they stay open no matter what. Though if it does go lower then -35ºC, a lot of the buses don't run.

To hot? Never felt it before.

13. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I have never heard of schools closing for ANY reason. No school I've ever been to has closed.

What sort of softies can't go to school just because of a bit of weather?

14. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

15. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I presume all public facilities like schools in Australia have air conditioning... so what's the big issue? I'm sure the cars and buses that deliver most children have it as well...

Here, school has never been cancelled as far as I can remember. Even when we have so much snow you practically can't get anywhere.

16. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Everyone go to www.keanemusic.com and admire the first British Band in the last 100 years or so sans guitars! GASP!

17. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Sorry, but this isn't the kind of music I listen to, but I can recongize it's got some good melody. Anyway Without guitar? That's rare indeed!

Anyway! I want the truth! please! I must know. How much on a scale of 1 to 10 would you rate my english? I want to know if I have improved since I registred one year ago. Also I won't be mad if you point out my mistake, quite the contrary in fact!

18. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] Your english is good - you spelt registered wrong though. ;)

19. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

OK - here goes. Pretty good, except for:
    1)"recongize" should be spelt "recognise" or "recognize".
    2)"without" shouldn't have had a capital "W".
    3)"please" should have had a capital "P".
    4) "registred" should be spelt "registered".
    5) "mistake" should have been the plural "mistakes" (unless you were only planning on making one mistake).

But, I could understand every word you said. So that puts you ahead of all the people who claim to speak English, but write stuff like "For shizzle dawg my nizzle" instead.

20. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Well that's good to know! I though my english was very bad. Anyway thanks for the comment. I just try to writte to the best of my ability. It's just that I think on these kind of forum, when you're spell word wrongly or do major grammatical error, you don't respect those who will read you. But that's my oppinion isn't?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.