1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #21

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Apr 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Funny, when I hear the phrase "Erotic Nightmares" I think of Rocky Horror Picture Show"

Erotic nightmares beyond any measure
    and sensual daydreams to treasure forever!
    Can't you just see it, oh-oh-oooooh?

Don't dream it, be it!

2. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I loved Rocky Horror Picture Show. What a classic. Strange day today. I'm actually posting from an internet cafe because I didnt bring anything along with me to read during my lunch break. I'm paying for something I can get at home for free. I guess I'm not very cost effective.

3. Iago Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

But that should be "Ich bin dein" and not "deine ". "Ich bin deine" means "I am your", what means your original translation was correct. It's easy, German drops an e where English adds an s.

Ich bin deine as I am your has to be followed by something. And then it is not a complete German phrase anyway. A German phrase consists at least out of a subject, a verb and the mandatory "hätte gewsen sein sollen können müssen dürfen".

The correct wording in German therefore would be:

Ich bin dein hätte gewsen sein sollen können müssen dürfen !

Or:

Ich bin deine Freundin hätte gewsen sein sollen können müssen dürfen !

Or:

:love: hätte gewsen sein sollen können müssen dürfen !

More information here

4. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    What a crazy language! I prefer my good old french...

The Rocky horror picture show is one of my favourite movies of all times. It is so a noble and high entertainment!

5. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

yes it was in reply to icingdeath

6. Ofelix

Media:
    If you can learn only a thing today remember this:

Pink Floyd + Nirvana = A perfect bliss

edit: Oh, A new whole page to spam! Yeah! and it's all thanks to me Le grand Ofelix!

7. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

I'm going. Be back in a few months or so. heh heh, at least I didn't make a sob sob thread about it. brb.

8. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    OK, see ya later Mal.

WooHoo!!! I finally have a bloodstone. I've been waiting and waiting for this moment. I guess I'm going to have to slow down on the posting so I can savor it a little longer.

9. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Have fun been away, Malvoae!

One more day left until the weekend!

10. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

can you feel my pain?

11. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    I cant wait till tomorrow. I'll have finished off a really annoying piece of coursework, and much more importantly I'll be going to the Reading Beer festival! Woohoo.

@Ofelix: Pink Floyd and nirvana....hmm, I really like combining Pink Floyd and dire straights.

12. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

The Reading Beer Festival is usually pretty lame. Every time I've been it is just a big tent full of fat, long haired CAMRA members spouting on about how anyone who drinks lager is a loser. I'd rather just go down to the pub.

13. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    I will admit that there is a small snobbish number of fat beardy losers, But dont be put off, The vast majority are welcoming of anyone with an interest in beer, whether you like ale, lager or cider. If anyone acts in that way, I'll set them straight. ;)

14. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    @Lazy Bonzo, Iago: That's what happens when people show off languages they don't really know... I remember much funnier bits of English bastardisation, anyway. Some people here can't say that in Polish, they just have to throw in some English. And it's never correct English. Oh well, but what do I expect if they can't speak their own native Polish properly?

15. Ofelix

Media:
    Chevalier I can understand what you are feeling, As in Québec many youngster apply badly accorded english word to french, As if they weren't proud of their native tongue! It's just sad...

16. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Mmm. Listening to Nirvana right now.

Has anyone here heard of Maddox?

17. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

First game of hockey today!!
    Finally!
    I'm predicting a 3-1 win, let's wait and see...

18. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

BLAST YOU!! BLAST YOU ALL!! :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame:

Has everyone forgot about the glory that is PILLOWS?!?!?!?! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Sah'll right. Just remember to hug and love your pillows...

19. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

First post in over an hour. [edit] Ok, minus 4 minutes... [/edit] Where are all you people?

20. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Maddox stopped being funny long ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.