1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #22

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, May 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Dragonfly, I called my landlady today to tell her the problem, and she told me to set a trap, and that there are some in the laundry room. My problem is that I am not a fan of killing animals, or dealing with the bodies after the fact.

And no, we're not allowed to have cats, or else we would have one, as I like them so much.

Erg, I think I just saw one out of the corner of my eye. :eek: :flaming:

Edit: I really hate mice right now.

[ May 27, 2004, 07:32: Message edited by: Laiwethel ]

2. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Had another breakthrough with my son last night, my b***h of an ex is losing her hold over him!!
    :D :D :thumb: :D :D

3. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Ok, cool then...

You go man! :thumb:

4. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] Hmmm another long day at school I got most of my sources now time to write the paper!

5. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] 3 hours to go until I am off until Tuesday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeeeeha!

6. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Urrgghhh, HANGOVER!

7. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

As of last night Rotku now also coaches hockey as well...
    I went along to one of the teams from my school game and saw how unorganised and.. pathetic at playing hockey they were. So I started putting them through some basic excersises and then their coach came along to me and told me I was their new coach :mommy:

8. Dark Haired Beauty Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

We have a lot of field mice on our farm. If you dont want to bait them or trap them there is only one solution that I know of that makes them go somewhere else. Like your neighbors place. lol. My dad goes to the local sporting goods store and gets fox scent to put around the silos and places we store food for the animals. Mice wont go near that smell cause foxes are more of their natural predator. Cats are too lazy to catch mice if you feed them all the time!

9. Ahrontil Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

@Laiwethel

[Assumes the voice of Ceasar the Exterminator (Christopher Walken) from Mouse Hunt) ]:

Let me introduce you to the PestClear 2000 Pest Deterrent. By combining electromagnetic interference and ultrasonic sound, the PestClear 2000 provides the most powerful protection available, penetrating walls to dislodge nests and using the electrical wiring to distribute its effect over large areas.

It is not as versatile as the Squeak Seeker 2000 mouse-cam used in the movie which could infiltrate even the cleverest rodent's secret lair, but I cannot find those on the net.

The movie is full of other useful tips like advice on biological weapon selection;

Ernie at the stray animal pound: "We're looking for a cat. Preferably with a history of mental illness."

The PestClear 2000 site also has some humane traps like the Trip Trap and Field Trap (a testament to the veracity of the old adage "Build a better mouse trap and the world will beat a path to your door").

Mice are cunning foe, favouring night raids and guerrilla tatics rather than a stand-up, head-on confrontation. If I may conclude with a quote from the venerable Mouse Hunt;

Ernie: "He's Hitler with a tail. He's "The Omen" with whiskers. Even Nostradamus didn't see him coming!"

Inhumane traps may seem like a fitting form of retaliation, but remember, "the second mouse always gets the cheese".

10. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31

@ Bluin

Thanks for the links. Unfortunately, I don't have a credit card, and I don't live in the UK.

After getting less than 2 hours of sleep last night because of the little bugger somehow managing to get on top of my closet and chewing on some plastic bags, I'm in a great mood.

I bought a live trap and set it up, so here's hoping. I'm also planning on sleeping in a different room tonight, for my own sanity.

11. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    You don't actually have to buy a trap. You can put some food in the bottom of a deep bucket with ramps on the outside and no ramps on the inside. If it works for hamsters it should work for mice.

12. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] @Dragonfly
    Does that also help with pink elephants and shadow mice? Then I can use it this weekend!

13. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31

Update on the mouse issue:

I set a live trap last night, and when I checked the trap this morning, there was a mouse there. I let it go in a park a fair distance away and hope that this is the start of a better night's sleep for me.

Thanks for everyone's advice with this problem.

14. Malovae Gems: 18/31

Funny, most mouse traps I've laid breaks the poor buggers' spine in half. If you got one alive thats one lucky mousey.

15. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31

The mousetrap I'm using just traps them in a container that they can't find their way out of. I am too squeamish to deal with dead bodies, so I got one that lets them live.

16. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] Astro creep 2000 in my head! Mousefriendly mousetraps is the word!

17. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    SleepleSS, the bucket thing will work on pink elephants and shadow mice but only if you fill it first with a strong alcoholic beverage that you have to drink. If you drink it all you should find those things in the bottom of your bucket and possibly even more.

18. Malovae Gems: 18/31

Is it just me, or are the Boards a bit empty this past two days?

19. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I was just wondering at that. Any big events going on that I'm not aware of?

20. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31

Isn't it a long weekend in the States? That's the only reason I can think of.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.