1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #22

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, May 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    "You're a fool to think I trust your benevolence"

Just had to think of that.

I had a day filled with Spanish, maths and physics, which might explain the surprisingly low sanity level in this post.

2. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Do you have a water test kit? It sounds like there's something whonky in your water chemistry. How large is the tank? What is the lighting/heating in it? What type of filtration do you use? As you can see, there's a lot of factors involved.

I've been keeping fish for about half my life, so feel free to PM me with any questions. Even if I don't know the answer, I can find it...

3. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] @Uytuun and Fearus

No it's not a love issue, I'm still missing my best friend, who hates me because she thinks she can't trust me.

This is because she thinks I did something that I didn't do...

And for those who are wondering: Yes it's still the same friend I did write Saga of the Rose for...

But Right now I'm pretty happy, I go out tonight with a real nice girl... :D

4. Uytuun Gems: 25/31

Media:
    sorry for assuming, sleepleSS.

5. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] @Uytuun

Oh that's alright! It was the most obvious thing to think :D .

I smell the air, and the time is right for Beer... or whatever...

6. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] My fish has moved a large plastic plant to the other side of the tank and has attempted to re-bury it :eek:

7. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

That's one wonky fish there 8peeps... :p

@chev- I'm not healthy because I'm in bad shape :o .
    Actually, if I did go and ask her out, and she turned me down...it *would* be the first time I got dumped ( :rolleyes: although, that would be because I've never worked up the courage to ask anyone out before). Unfortunately; I've convinced myself to leave things be and not say anything at all this weekend. She's got plenty of assignments and the like to do for next week; and I won't try to get in the way (plus...I'd rather not get turned down in favour of an essay or something).

RB: Game 6 has begun; and the Flames are on fire! Sort of. Flames are gonna win regardless; so you Tampa fans may want to go hide under your beds in shame. Right now.

8. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] Last night was so good! She danced in front of me looking at me in a real sweet way and she bought me a beer! :D

She even walked home with me :D I can't wait till next weekend!

Mood: Happy!

9. Uytuun Gems: 25/31

Media:
    Good to hear, sleepleSS

On a totally different note: my mother is a nursery school teacher and one of her kids is named Bodhi... :eek:

10. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    @Faerus: Don't repeat my mistake. Don't assume she doesn't want to go out with you unless she expressly tells you that. Or unless you don't care and will gladly move on to the next one. Everyone's busy, tired or lazy at times and it doesn't need to be personal. Ideally, a person who won't go out with you for a reason like that should come up with a counter-proposal, but sometimes things get complicated. It doesn't always mean someone's trying to be polite about dumping you. On the other hand, someone who cares for you won't cut it at "maybe in two or three weeks when I'm free", so excessive optimism is unbased. What's the conclusion? You know nothing for sure until she tells you (not like you can be sure then, either ;) ). As asking her early is not a good idea (people who ask about feelins before the girl has had enough time to form them scare girls off), you have to try it all out and adjust your tactics to battlefield situation. A la battaille! :D

11. Faragon Gems: 25/31

Veteran

My mood is happy too :) I had a date yesterday and she's hella cute ;) We really connected on a romantic level, but of course I was too big of a wimp to kiss her :lol: When I talked to her on the phone later, she said she wanted it too but lacked the courage also :p Definetely going on a second date soon, and she wants me to come with her to a party of some friends of her on the 19th :grin: We're supposed to spend the night there so, I'm curious how that'll go.

Yay :)

12. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] EEEK! Just skimmed down this page and saw Chev's avataar picture and then out of his post the only words I noticed were 'scare girls off'....

13. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

@chev- I think I'll give her a little more time. It's not that she's asked me for more time ( :p bleh...we went to see a movie together the other day, even though she had an assignment due the next day. It's just that we went as friends and not on a date), I just took it upon myself not to get in the way of her schoolwork again. So, maybe I'll ask her to go see a movie again, or go to dinner or something next weekend. My ultimate goal is for her to invite me to the big camping-party her grade's having at the end of the year. So far she's only told me about it; no invitation. Though I'm not really expecting her to invite me; it's not *her* party, and it's kinda like a class thing. So meh. I'll just have to wait and see. Yup...so I'll just wait for either a good opportunity for me to bring this all up; or for her to say something. It'd be nice if she said something; but I really don't think she will...just a paranoid vibe I'm getting.

RB: Damn those Lightning!! Now I have to sit through another game 7...grrr. Hopefully the Flames can take the Lightning down in Florida...which they can. And *will*.

Oooh...going to see Troy again tonight. Man that's a cool movie! :cool:

14. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    You shouldn't really worry if she doesn't invite you. It's so big and different... and not really hers as you said. How you get along on a day-to-day base is more important. Don't worry about meeting as friends. You couldn't get better than that. I mean, it's crucial to be friends and more important than anything. And it's not like you have to start doing silly things soon to feel something for one another.

I'll tell you something, there's no such thing as a date in my book, unless it's how I refer to what people call girlfriend. I don't date girls, I meet them ;)

After all, you can be friends for long if the romance thing won't work. Good relations are crucial. You should try to get an opportunity to make a good impression on her mother ASAP :D If you befriend the girl, impress her mother and get the father respect you, you're set :lol:

15. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] Men my ears are glowing, it sure is hot in here :p

@Uytuun: Thanx

16. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

What is it about routers and me?

Every couple of weeks, the router at my place goes down, and I can only access internet through the main computer. And the person who owns the main comptuer is not here, so she can't fix it, and I don't trust myself trying to fix other people's computers.

17. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    /me hits Faerus over the head with Aldeth's mallet o' thinking

I'm going to let the above comment stand on its own.

Oh yeah, TAMPA BAY SUCKS!!!

Edit: woo hoo! 1500 posts. (I'm sure that's significant somehow.)

18. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Oh can you please
    Reply to my very lame
    Story in CS

(Is it vowels that counts or only the ones that are heard?)

19. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Faerus, only you know the answer to this question. You seem like a nice, humorous, and interesting guy but that is the guy that we know on the boards. The question I have is: In you heart do you feel you are compatible with this lady? If it's shyness holding you back then conquer that fear and make your move. If you know in your heart that you are really not compatible, then trust your gut and avoid an awkward situation. Look deep and honestly at yourself from her point of view. You will know the answer.

20. Dark Haired Beauty Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Giving love advise is like being the referee in a basketball game. No matter what you call your always going to be 50% wrong. ;)

Just keep in mind girls like honesty. I would never be cruel or ridicule a guy who told me his heart. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.