1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #22

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, May 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Make the move...anything is better than just sitting around hoping for a miracle to fall from the sky.

2. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Thats where i've failed in the past i think.

3. Uytuun Gems: 25/31

Media:
    Learn from your mistakes. :)

If your intelligence is reliable, and I've no doubt that it is, then just go for it. There's a chance of 0.001 % that she'll reject you, and deep down you know that she won't, right?

A slow is a good choice, the intimacy makes it a lot easier I think.

/me crosses her fingers for Sniper

4. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Sniper, don't plan. Really and I mean, really. It only makes things worse. Imagine you forget then plan. And given the stress, you will forget.

How to protect yourself from forgetting the plan? Don't have one! Just make sure you look like you had one :shake:

First of all, you must be confident to succeed. There's no way you'll be confident, though. This doesn't meant you can't cheat fate. Do what chev does - cheat your destiny :shake: :lol:

Well, seriously, you must appear confident. Confident and somehow relaxed - that is, you shouldn't be intimidated and stunned, but after all, you aren't chatting with beer buddies but talking to a lady. Respect her and she will respect you. But you must be bold. Audaces fortuna iuvat etc.

If she turns you, don't worry. It's neither the first time nor the last time you'll be turned. It happens even to the best. And she has no reason to rebuff you, well, just why would she? I mean, if you're not her type it wouldn't work anyway, no matter what you would have done.

Look, you aren't retarted, you don't smell, so why would she turn you?

When doubt clouds your vision, and you are lost in the dark, you should always ask yourself: what would chevalier do :shake:

Oh well, sorry. I'm trying to be serious but I'm already hyper and shortly before drinking myself into manic laughter (aka goblin chuckle).

Just go and get her. Be a go-getter. Be brave. Talk to her, smile, look in her eyes. And smile again. Touch her hand, cheek, arm, back, hair, whatever in the conversation. See if she withdraws or does the same to you. Get a drink for the both of you, it should speed up the process :D

The girl will be shy and somewhat afraid, but it's your job to supply her with confidence. If she sees that you're quite serious about talking to her, ie you neither treat her like a pretty trophy when your buddies pass buy, nor you shy away and pretend you weren't talking to her when other people go by - especially her friends & family, you will impress her and she will feel a need to catch up. If she's a reasonable girl, she will appreciate having your full attention.

Now, I know that many guys will say that you shouldn't show a girl too much attention. Or she will start to behave like a beyotch etc. Look: you aren't interested in the type of girl that becomes a beyotch once she knows the guy cares. The sooner you learn she is like that (she likely isn't), the sooner you can dump her.

Also, remember one more basic thing: no excuses. You aren't doing anything wrong. You're doing the most normal thing a male homo sapiens could do. No "sorry, but wouldn't you..." etc. A real man knows what he's doing and he's doing it on a specific purpose. You're there because of her and there's no need (nor any sense) to hide that. Unless you're a good actor and playing a random encounter would give you tactical advantage ;)

But you would still do best if you ignored my babble and went to that girl. And you'll do well to listen to Uytuun. She's quite... resorceful :grin:

A word of warning, though: don't promise yourself too much. Slow dancing, kissing (unless it's some wild dance of tongues), holding hands etc is what you normally do with friends. You'll get a conversation if you aren't particularly repulsive and a dance if you're a nice guy, but it doesn't necessarily mean the girl wants a relationship with you. Not even a kiss does. You'll have to molest her a bit more persistently.

[ May 12, 2004, 18:15: Message edited by: chevalier ]

5. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] I like a girl a lot but I don't know if I love her! and I have no clue at all what she thinks of me, allright she thinks I'm funny and she does send back email and sms's. But when I ask her to come over to have dinner she always has a excuse not to come.

I really want to know her better so I can make sure for myself if I indeed love her or that I just like her....

What can I do?

6. chevalier

Media:
    SleepleSS: how many times has it been like that? And does she promise to come and fail to show up later, or does she always seem to have an excuse ready? She may be a little shy or maybe she really couldn't come. How does she normally behave when she's with you?

And you won't tell if you love her or just like her and think she's pretty, so don't bother. Neither does she know, so don't ask her (she could even say she only likes you as a friend out of fear not to belie or abuse you).

Try going out with her, make it look like a date. Cinemas, theatres, parks, cafes, such places.

7. Uytuun Gems: 25/31

Media:
    SleepleSS, maybe she feels really strongly about you too, but is afraid to show it in case you don't feel the same way (that's what I used to do). Whatever you do, don't give up on her and be obvious about you liking her. Try to spend some more time with her and then take it from there.

And heed Chev's wise words.

8. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] I try to spend more time but all the time she has exuses like she has to go to work, or had an other apointment with a friend or must study for exams...

So it could be true. Maybe I must go out with her or atleast go to the places she is going talk to her there and go on from there...

9. chevalier

Media:
    Some people will not go to your house if they don't know you really well. Doesn't mean they think it's dangerous or anything, they're just brought up that way. Plus, her excuses seem quite probable. It may sound like a contradiction, but you should neither give up on her nor promise yourself too much. I've done both mistakes and there are moments I wish I hadn't. Above all, don't give up. Missed chances are the worst thing ever.

You'd better start seeking a nice place. If there's a club where they have dancing parties, it would be a good idea.

10. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] work... is... so... boring...

school will be strange after this though...

the pain of choice - work or school?

hmm... I'll pick 'or'

I want to take up fencing lessons. Shame none of my swords are suited to the tasks but I may be able to apply any skill I gain to their use and practice.

:D

11. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] Maybe I should plan things more then a week in advance. So I can give her a couple of dates and then take her out to a movie or something.

Anyway I won't give up :) !

12. chevalier

Media:
    Don't insist. Have many proposals ready and if she turns one, make a different one on the following day, or two days later. If she refuses three times in a row, stop. Don't call, write, talk, nothing. If she cares at all, she will notice and come up with something in a time convenient for her.

13. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] Well not talking would be hard since I see her every monday and she is one of the group in witch I go to spain this summer.

But I get the idea thanks! It's just the problem that I don't axactly know what I feel for her...

14. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] Do you know what is annoying?

The news.

The news is annoying.

Actually it's not the news itself, it's the tiny writing that is in the paper that says '<insert film name here> concludes after the news'.

I don't see the tiny print, because it was tiny (and I believe it wasn't there when I looked, evil print that is magic and appears strangely - yeah this is likely :-| ) so I set up to record the film. I'm watching it back today and what should happen but, with only 50 minutes to go, '<Insert Film Title here> Concludes after the news'

Dammit!

15. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

oooo zioooo mmm

16. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

@Sarevok

I agree completely! :grin:

17. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Yay! Just finished 7 more hours of work...if my calculations are correct, and my hours keep up as they have; I only have to work for 9 more weeks to pay off all of my rent for next year... :D :grin: ...and another week or two on top of that to cover the cost of my books...which means, I should have at least 4-5 weeks' pay to cover the cost of booze for all of next year...this could be interesting...

EDIT: *cough cough* and the extra will of course go to SP...*cough*

18. people person-i eat people Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

sorry, but i cant give ya advice on your love-life, because i have just gotten rejected 3 TIMES! :mad: but yeh... i havnt been in a good mood for a while and it seems everywhere i look i see happy couples rubbing in my face that im a loner! argh

19. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I thought Kirias was dead!!

Someone in the flat next door banged the wall really hard and it jolted the fish tank - other fish weere swimming, but Kirias just sat there, not breathing or anything. I dropped food in to see if she was okay and it just landed on top of her and she didn't move at all.

Then after four minutes she squeaked and swam around really fast, I think she's a bit shocked and maybe hurt but seems okay :xx:

20. Frostbite Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

w00t! I became a DM on the ALFA open application server :D .

[plug] You don't need any haks, just have your version of NWN up to v1.62 with all the expansion packs installed and pop along, we're in the PW Story section, along with all the passworded ALFA servers. Currently arranging campaigns for the server too![/plug]

[edit] at the time I'm posting this, 8people has exactly 3k more posts then me :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.