1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #23

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Jun 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] I feel a bit sick :( But still I gonna party tonight maybe it are just nerves or something :p

2. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Kind of funny though...all you guys talking about the pretty, high-maintenance girls with too much much makeup that are unworthy of your attentions....and yet when I look at the selections for your 'women of choice' in the "five soundest lasses" thread etc. a lot of the choices seem to fall into that fake beauty catagory.

eg: http://www.kmmod.com/cturlington/

and http://www.gasf.com/comm/userimages/Alyson-Hannigan.jpg

[ June 12, 2004, 20:00: Message edited by: Dragonfly ]

3. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] yet if they didn't wear make up and everything they wouldn't get a second look :p

Therefor: fashion and stuff sucks :wave:

sometimes it just looks odd anyway... like medival times and stuff...

4. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] I saw Alyson Hannigan withoud make up, and still say she's pretty!

5. Frostbite Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Tired... going cycling tomorow, but its only 22 miles or something, so it shouldn't take too long.

6. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31

That's it.
    /me tosses in the towel.

I've decided that I just won't ever work up the courage to actually ask her out. And regardless of the fact that whatever signals I may have gotten were very vague and tough to discern; I see no other way but to take them negatively. So essentially; I can't help but feel that she isn't interested in me at all.

So basically; my mood will deteriorate for the next few days, but will return to normal (whatever that is) as soon as I actually forget about her (which *may* be tough...and not only 'cause she lives next door...).

I just can't deal with that anymore. I'm tired of seeing her face every time I close my eyes. Seeing her smile. It has to go away.

:p no more whines about my weakness in the RB anymore.

7. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Oh, for Pete's sake!

Club her over the head, drag her off to your cave by her hair, and take it from there.

Alternatively, go for a walk (with her), and just talk. About anything. And see what happens.

Honestly, you sound as wussy as I was when I was younger. :p And then, when I finally got over my wussiness, it all worked out OK. ;)

8. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    @Faerus: To give up the whole thing would be a greater display of weakness than going there and talking to her, bumbling and stuttering while getting dumped with 75% chance. Really...

@Dragonfly: Since when is Alyson Hannigan in the beauty area? :p

I'm not complaining about high maintenance. Contrary, I go for ones that know their value (which does not basically mean price, even though some people don't get it) and don't come cheap. My comment had no deeper meaning than that models, singers and actresses don't typically look better than other girls if you remove make up and things. Even those that are supposed to be so "hot"... Oh well...

9. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    @Chev Actually I was using a couple of examples from the 'Soundest Lasses' thread. She was one of the fine ladies someone mentioned.

I actually think that both women are beautiful. My point was that they also both probably wear as much makeup and create as much a false image of themselves as miss Britney. As well, I don't deny that some of my choices of fine 'lads' are equally fake. I'm pretty sure that Johnny Depp had more than a little makeup on for his role in Pirates of the Carribean :D :D .
    My husband of course is not included in that catagory.

10. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Hah! Here is what the Random Quotes say:

Deathmage: I'm not gonna become like Taluntain!
    Slith: Deathmage is therefore mortal

:D :grin: :D

11. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31

Is it ok to give up now ? Naturally, I didn't really give up; and we went on another walk today. :p At one point (not too sure how/why exactly) we started talking about crushes; and when she asked me who I liked in the area...well, I slowly (jokingly) put my arm around her shoulders and said "You". I then retracted my arm and said "and that's everyone." She didn't really say anything right away, and when she did talk again, she changed the subject (go figure!). Later on though, it kinda came up again; and she gave me the whole "I like you, but not in that way." thing.

*sigh* Oh well...at least I know now. So I can get back to being myself; whoever or whatever that is. Meh. At least I won't get rejected when I'm back in my shell.

Oohh...and tomorrow, I start my 7-day stretch at work! Yippee! (NOT!!!!)...guess it's good for me though; hopefully it'll provide some sort of distraction. Better than moping about at home...

[ June 13, 2004, 07:19: Message edited by: Faerus Stoneslammer ]

12. Slith

Slith Look at me! I have Blue Hands! Veteran

I think I'm in love, again. It wasn't fun the first time, and it's not that way the second, either. Ah, well, such is life.

I think I'll eat some ice cream to give myself cheer.

13. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

I just got asked to leave my old job because my new job is a 'conflict of interests. So I put in my two weeks at my old job.

What I need now are ideas on how to go out with a bang. I work in a grocery store so keep in mind lots of people and an intercom system... :evil:

14. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

@Jaguar: LOL :shake:

Um...question...is it a BoM tradition that Tal and ONLY Tal start the Random Babbling posts?

15. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    I really should not be here, but I am still posting here. I feel ashamed of myself.

16. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] Last night I found out that liking a girl is hard when everybody around her loves her. You can't keep her for yourself that way :S. And still seeing her kissing an other guy is not that cool.

I'm a bit confused right now...

17. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    I feel for you Faerus, know how it feels, but I really think you should try to stay friends. in the beginning it might hurt, but wouldn't you rather have that wonderful person in your life,albeit not in the way you wanted, than cut her out of it altoghether?

And who knows, when you get toghether without you feeling the pressure to make a move you might get along so well (since you say that you can go back to being yourself now, I take it that you've been rather stressed around her and that's not really attractive) that she'll start changing her mind. If not, you still have a special friendship to enjoy.

Just don't try to forget her. When you're past the awkward stage you'll be glad you didn't.

And yeah, working will take your mind off things. So go make some money. :)

18. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Uytuun, you speak truth.... From personal experience, I found that I get on with ladies soooo much better as friends and then when I fall for them all of a sudden it is a) not so easy to talk to them and b) sorry, I like you as a friend but nothing else or o.k, I'd love to go out (it then ends in disaster as I usually say/do the wrong things). But getting back to the point... it is gut-wrenching when this type of thing happens Faerus but its amazing how fast you can start feeling better if you don't 'go back to your shell' and go out and do something with friends or even go out with some strangers on a date basis for some company. Anyhow, this is what helps me through those times you have found yourself in and they may not help you. You just have to ask yourself, what will cheer you up. :)

19. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Don't burn your bridges. You never know what the future will bring, especially not with women involved. If she isn't genuinely repulsed, she can get to want you at any point. Especially when you actually start to date someone else.

What you have to do now is to be strong and not come back to the subject. It's her turn now. Start dating other girls or at least meeting them on some basis. You don't have to do anything, just meet them, talk, dance, have good time, whatever. She will probably try to approach you a couple of times but shy away until at some point she decides to talk to you. I mean, unless she is physically turned off for some reason, though I doubt that.

That you shouldn't come back to the subject doesn't mean you shouldn't flirt with her or even hit on her like you would normally do to an attractive girl.

Your getting out of her reach will be quite a strong stimulus to act, really. That's how it works in this screwed-up world.

20. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] Chev is the doctor Love of SP!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.