1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #24

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Jul 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Never go driving with your mother in the car..I swear I've never heard a woman scream so hysterically and continously in the course of 30 minutes.

I especially like how she feels she needs to tell me to stop at crossroads everytime we're near one. :rolleyes:

And no it's not because I'm a lousy driver. When I go driving with my dad the car is an island of peace and quiet. ;)

2. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

@Jaguar: a rietje is a straw.
    @Sleepless: Hehe, you seemed pretty hammered alright, care to explain exactly what you mean if it isn't a severe side-effect of significant spirit imbition :D
    :borg:

EDIT: I know most of who/what you wrote about Chev, but I remember no Fulvia...

3. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

:lol: Chev, way too true there.

Hang on though.... Clodius was the cross-dresser wasn't he? He dressed up as a woman to get into the festival for the Bona Dea, IIRC.

So you're saying that in any country, we'll find a mob boss who is also a cross-dresser? :confused: :shake: :grin:

4. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    He cross-dressed to get a woman, and given he was very pretty for a man, the disguise worked. Heck, his name was Publius Clodius Pulcher, Pulcher meaning pretty (or the Fair, if you prefer). Guess he wasn't a pervert.

A funny thing, he was a mob boss, but his family was one of the eldest in Rome. In order to score more points as a mob-friendly politician, he changed the ancient name of Claudius into Clodius for his branch of the family. Not all of his close relatives followed that pattern and some kept the Appius Claudius name, even his nephew. He still had one of the most lavish residences in Rome (if not the most lavish one) and maintained an aristocratic lifestyle.

Guess that isn't actually uncommon amongst contemporary politicians. A large share of them are nobles who keep quiet about their origins or pretend to be commoners. Heck, even big commie honchos sometimes are old nobles. Che Guevara's full name was Ernesto Guevara de la Serna, which doesn't quite sound like a commoner's name. And in Spain there's been a noble Castro family since times immemorial (note Ines de Castro, the wife of a Portuguese Infant). The Georgian commie Abashidze is a real prince (and Georgian princes can typically trace their genealogy until, like, ancient Greek monarchs). Lots of Polish commies came from very old noble families. Even the last commie dictator served his term for being a landowner before he sided with the commies.

@Big Bald Ranger: Fulvia was the wife of Mark Antony. She was beautiful and used to be his mistress for years before they married and still he cheated on her with Cleopatra. Heck, she even took up arms and led the army of Antonians when they rose against Octavian. Octavian referred to her as Fulvia dux.

Dux means leader, warlord. The word duke comes from it.

5. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

@Jaguar Well that was the problem. I didn't know the english word for "Rietjes" When I was ordering drinks, You know it's a thing to drink tour drink through.. I still don't know the word :p .

@Drugar Well I wasn't that drunk I just can't dance or find my way back even when I'm sober. For the "Rietjes" look above ;) .

@Big Bald Ranger Rufly translated: "No sense of rhythm no sense of direction and no sense of "rietjes"!" See above for details.

The fun thing was they all started with RI

6. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Such a shame! The chatroom aren't working I can't log in... seehees

What I am supose to do?

7. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Sleepless, I know, like I said in my previous post the Enlish word for 'rietje' is 'straw'
    AI I am drinking my lemonade through a straw, because I am too lazy a funkenizzle to lift up my glass.
    :borg:

8. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    The chat room is working.

9. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Super Mario RPG is so freaking addictive. My eyes are starting to bleed.

10. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

@BBR STRAW it is :) I didn't saw it last time Thanks anyway!

@All zombie fans:
    For your pleasure the shortest Zombie story ever:

I walk, I die, I walk on...

11. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

Why drink alcohol through a straw? You get drunk quicker on a less amount so what's the point? You wanna get drunk, find a way to get your hands on pure alcohol. That's what a couple of friends of mine ended up doing, though God alone knows where they are now.

12. Dark Haired Beauty Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Why bother drinking at all when you can use a funnel :grin:

13. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Sleepless, your zombie story is pretty good but you forgot the essential part - "I rot"

14. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

Why bother with a funnel when you can always hook yourself up to a drip? :xx:

[ July 29, 2004, 06:02: Message edited by: Aldazar ]

15. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Funnel or drip, it's better past the lip.

16. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Oh how witty. You made a rhyme... :rolleyes:

17. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    The chatroom is working, you only need to connect via IP sometimes. Please go to SS to get the command. I don't remember Gamesurge's IP address.

18. Drugar

Drugar And now... we wait! Veteran

Media:
    @Sleepless: I can only dance when I'm drunk... :p

19. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

In in 37 hours and 43 minutes, I will be seeing Children of Bodom live.

20. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

COB RULE!

Well I move when I'm drunk but I'm afraid you still can't call it dancing :p .

I walk, I die, I walk on and I rot.... Hmmm Catchy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.