1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #26

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Sep 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Yeah, it's always good to have some old computer for the old memory. Gave 256 megs to my brother and 128 to sister and games run better for them now.

2. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] @Chev Yes indeed the point is learning for yourself, but they could have give us somemore time, before they where going to test it :S.

@Arab Your Bike died? it's a sad day indeed....

That cartoon was nice though!

3. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Happy birthday Ancient Galatan. In a few years you'll feel less celebratory on your birthdays :)

Congrats to Arabwel for getting her Jenova back.

University started yesterday... and I have a seminar to present on Friday... before half the doctors in the bloody Medical School... ARGH!

Something funny (well, not that funny when I think about it) happened today. A coworker spilled a bottle of ethidium bromide... that really toxic/mutagenic/carcinogenic/you-name-it chemical thing. Just looking at its colour, you KNOW it's not good for you. Anyway, the bottle fell, and splashed all across our lab... we spent the rest of the day trying to decontaminate, and then none of us would dare walk in the room.

Seminar on Friday...

A classmate was shot dead 2 days ago, along with her entire family, by some madman who then shot himself.

And then I'm told I have a seminar to present, and that I shouldn't feel superstitious...

This is starting off as a REALLY bad week.

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Tell me about it, I had one of my wisdom teeth taken out on Monday. :sick:

5. el timtor Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

I don't know how a bicycle can die, but I know why it can't stand by itself.

Because it's two tired...

/me ducks to avoid all the shooting

Edit:
    @ziad
    Sorry, man, I didn't see the thing about your mate getting shot--don't take the above the wrong way.

6. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Why is it that professors seem to conspire to make the lives of their students as difficult as possible? One quiz today, another tomorrow, and two assignments for tomorrow as well.

A social life? What's that?

7. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

Congrats for yesterday Ancient galatan, don't get any older, you'll regret it. I do.

@chev, would it help if I shot you with my coffee gun? Special delivery from Nescafe.

@Tal - had mine taken out a couple of years ago with none of the discomfort I was warned about, even healed up quicker than expected.

8. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

I remember back when I was 17. Oh, how the times were different then. Hard to believe it was almost 3 years ago.

Where does the time go? :D

9. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    My bike diesd, because a tire blew and them it got all rattly and wacky and....

You get the point.

*sigh*

Am borrowing aunt's bike, but I still have to drag myself home from her place, and I jjust hate walking. :(

10. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Ara, come visit and Velcro will give you a lesson in basic bike maintenance, including how to change a tire. No one who rides regularly should be lacking that, or the equipment. :)

11. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Thankies, Rally. I'll keep that one in mind :D

On the other hand, I really, really hate LJ.

12. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Today is going to be interesting, to say the least. I'm working on 2.5 hours of sleep and I've got classes from 10 am until 7 pm.

I don't know if I'll be able to survive writing the quiz that I am writing at 6 pm. Is someone here willing to write a quiz on a map and chronology of Egypt?

13. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

/me casts cure moderate wounds on Taluntain

Cheer up, Tal. At least you have one less to worry about. I still have my four wisdom teeth and the lower ones keep growing at the most importunate moments. I was in real pain last week but my dentist told me he'll not remove them, because my lower jaw and gums are adapting well...

@Arabwel
    Had my two bikes serviced this week, too big a repair job for my poor skills. I had to walk for one hour to go to work, and one hour to come back every day. I agree with you, walking sucks.

14. chevalier

Media:
    Any time :)

@Tal: Hope you get well soon. Are they all gone already?

15. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Only this one was problematic, I'm lucky enough the other ones grew out just fine. This one was growing sideways into my other teeth, causing me considerable pain.

16. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Right, previously I wasn't that worried about my wisdom teeth coming through and being taken out (I currently have the top right one on its way), but now I'm just **** ****ing scared, I hate dentists, and all they stand for! I think I'm going to opt for the old 'string and door' trick the next time it hurts... or seeing as its my wisdom teeth make that string and 'car driving away at great pace' trick, yeah, that'll do it :(

17. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

So the test did really suck, but I servived! No all I can do is wait for the results...

It really hurts when they remove your teeth, good luck Tal!

18. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

I paid AUD 100 for FFX-2, and now I can't finish it because my ****** PS2's lens is dirty, and the Lens Cleaner makes no difference watsoever, and now I can't finish the game because the final dungeon doesnt load.

AAAAAAAARGH!!! :flaming: :flaming:

19. chevalier

Media:
    I've just been to the university. Had a walk through my favourite dating park... Classes start on Monday, early morning.

20. el timtor Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

I had one of these, too. Ugh. I think I was seventeen at the time. Get well soon, Tal...
    Happy Birthday, Galatan. Don't ever grow up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.