1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #26

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Sep 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

1) You can buy a second copy of XP, and install it on a second partition or another physical drive. Use one without network support and Service Pack 1a, and the other with network support and Service Pack 2. Make a third partition to share games across. There are ways around buying a second copy, but it invoves clubbing baby seals and peeing in the kool-aid pitcher. NO ONE likes the individual who just peed in the kool-aid.

2. Use a Linux distribution. Use Linux for your internet needs, and SP1a for your Temple of Elemental needs.

3. Buy a second machine. There are $600 laptops down at Wally World that would run TToEE just fine. 15" LCD and shared system memory means you wouldn't want anything over 800x600, but that's what the game is designed for in the first place. Kind of expensive for one game, but you can use it for other things as well. Fairly cheap and compact Linux box.

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Um, should this be in the ToEE Board? Although taken out of context like this, it is a piece of random babbling so maybe it is OK.

3. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I may actually get to see my now-7-year-old (his birthday is today) next Friday!! :thumb:
    Gotta be at the Family Court for a Family Report and I may even get to see him on the Sunday as well. if a miracle occurs that is. The only downside is that I have Contact scheduled with my youngest son that Sunday as well. :(

4. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I love choir so much. There were a lot of people there tonight, about twice what we had last year, which is a very good thing.

What was exciting was that we actually had about six guys singing. Last year, we were lucky if we could get four guys to show up to rehersal.

The one downside of choir is that I had to deal with the two most annoying people in the school for two hours. I get to see them at least once a week until April. Oh joy.

5. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Well, the six counties in Forida that were not yet declared national disaster areas just got nailed by Ivan. Now the entire state is a national disaster area.
    And there's yet another one that could head this way...
    I am officially sick and tired of hurricane season.

6. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

What a nightmare. Your hurricane is even front-page news in New Zealand. There's a big picture of it that takes up half of today's front page in The New Zealand Herald.

7. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    I believe it. I live in north central Florida, so I wasn't in the landing zone of Ivan.
    The west part of the Panhandle is what Ivan hit. It has destroyed many homes and businesses, and even an interstate highway bridge, amoungst other things..
    My workplace is sending people out to cover the areas hit by Ivan, since many of the employees there have family members that were hurt/killed in the storm.

8. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    The power of nature can be devastating. I live in the prairies so I will never see a hurricane here. There have been some pretty horrible tornadoes here though now that the climate is starting change.

I've come to the realization that people get what they deserve. My co-worker who so easily turned on me is now seeing that I'm not to be messed with. She is pretty much alone and it is her own doing. I think that the ultimate reason she turned on me in the first place is her own insecurity. I can imagine her frustration at having all her psychological ugliness bounce right back in her face. I don't even have to do anything. Her seeing the way that people respond to me compaired to how they respond to her is torture enough I think.

9. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    *Huggles all Floridans*

I believe my brother-in-laws (HI am still not used at saying that, even if its been 3 monthes since my sister got married...) has an uncle or something who lives in Florida...

I have a headache of horribele proportions.... and boy, Ive decided to never again to have Chinese food in one of the restaurants in the nearest city... it was severely bad.

*sigh*

I wonder if I can ever get my latest written scribvbles online, since floppies are so evil. :(

10. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Didn't I turn heads at work and school today in my new SP shirt. All the ladies were all over me when they found out I killed Kangaxx.

I like my new mouse pad too.

11. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

That girl I like touched me today... even if it was a foot-to-shin touch.

12. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Yayness... babbling randomly from the school's computer room... I'm melting and I WANT MY WEEKEND!
    Lots of work, lots of school, more work... weekend won't start till past dusk, I think.
    Oh well... babble
    :borg:

13. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Found out what's wrong with my dearest darlingest Jenova:

She blew her motherboard.

Now, since Jen has been with me for years and years and years, this of course means getting new.... oh, everything except for the casing, CD drive, floppy drive and harddrives.... but of course since the HDs are so easly, I got a new one as well.

The problem? I now need to beg, steal or borrow 400 euros for this to happen. *shakes her head*

It's time to casll the godfather...

14. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31

/me has 11111 words in the FAI, and wonders why this is the first random babble in EIGHT HOURS AND FIFTEEN MINUTES

15. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Somehow the scab that had been forming over my lovely burn got ripped off, so now there's no protection for it.

Being accident prone is not fun. :(

16. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31

@Lai: I just misread 'burn', for 'bum' :D Got a whole other meaning :shake:

17. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Thats a common enough mistake :lol:

I made it on purpose though :shake:

18. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Lai I hear ya... I have a small burn blister on my foot, and I totally messed it with PE... And that's only a small one.
    /me mutters about gravity and how glass should be shock resistant.
    Eat chocolate, and I've also found that calendulan (sp?) salve really helps the healing... although it *hurts* to apply salve to the wounds, of course.
    :borg:

19. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Who wears short shorts?

Do do do do doo...

Tal wears short shorts...

20. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    ^ likes to look at Tal in short shorts.

Oops, wrong thread. :good: :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.