1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #28

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Oct 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Midwinter Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

It's a day for cider, without question.

Cider and Romano-British things.

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Ok, I see we'll have to lay down some rules for RB from now on.

5 posts per page from one person max. Because some people (you know who you are) are obviously using this thread instead of the chatroom, or just to get their post counts up, or just to spam. 5 posts per page is more than enough of that.

P.S.
    Oh, I guess the moderation of RB is a historic moment or something. And it's all thanks to our darling spammers.

3. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    hehe, I see using RB to increase your spam count as the simple option, and for those who arent die hards. Try raising your spam count like a meteor by only making proper posts in other threads. That's the real challeng :grin:

4. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Well, I was kinda under the impression that the point of RB was to let the people go spam-crazy and keep it out of the rest of the forum...

But meh, feel free to engage in some forum throttling, if you think it so wrong that a post count number should go up from a certain thread. Personally I don't see the point.

1/5 :rolleyes:

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Ooh, the stinging sarcasm... Well, your impression was wrong to begin with. The thread isn't called Random Spamming As Often As Possible. There are really only a few people here who abuse the thread to more or less post the same thing over and over for like 10 times on every page. But I'm tired of telling them we have a chatroom for this. If all they do is raise their post count by spamming in RB, they're not really contributing anything to the forum apart from bloating it up. 5 posts per page for them is more than enough.

And this is more a guideline than a rule, as it isn't really going to be enforced strictly, only if we see someone who's gone way over it repeatedly, as some people have been lately. So by the time you've gone over it, you should have a nagging feeling that all you're doing is spamming. At that point, it'd be a good idea to count how many posts you've made on a single page and tone it down.

6. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Five per person per page is quite a fine ratio. In fact, my usual frequency is 4 per page and I'm on broadband, online 24/24/7 and always on the boards, in the chatroom or both. If one has something particularly interesting to share, there can always be a separate topic and questions can go in a poll...

It does sound a bit totalitarian and my first reaction was "WTF? Where's ICQ? I'm going to burn him.", until I saw it was a guideline and not a strict rule. It's not like I'm going to count my posts before saying something in case it make a sixth post on a given page, especially when I'm drunk.

If it were a strict rule, there would be situations like (in #sorcerers):

<spamminator> Has someone not hit the five yet? Need a new page.

or:

<spamster> Someone go post something. It's just a couple of posts till the new page.

Or people would go and reply gaming questions with rubbish for the sake of a new gem. Or they would comment on the news lavishly and without much relevance or substance. Trash topics would appear and ones oriented purely on one word or one sentence replies.

[ October 23, 2004, 16:09: Message edited by: chevalier ]

7. Midwinter Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

That's quite possibly the single best thing I've ever read in any post in any forum ever, chev.

8. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] chev, those are the only kind of posts we all want to see from you from now on. :p

9. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Chev, cat got your tongue? Or hjsst arte your mouse and keyboard?

*sniggle*

Mybrain is overloading with random nano ideas.... sometimes, just sometimes it could be fun to be normal.

*sigh*

sausages are good; especially when you've forgotten to eat since... err... can't remember, even...

10. chevalier

Media:
    Yeah, had some sausages for dinner. Grannie put some unpeeled whole potatoes and sausages in the batch and dinner was like charm.

11. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    chev, no fair! Your previous post was completely blank (thus the reason for my post) until you edited it.

I liked the other version better. :p

12. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Where did the icelus mod list go from the soa forum?

13. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

/me checks out page two and starts counting...

1...2...3...4...5...........6!!

DOH!!!!

/me slaps forehead

Was at work today for 8 1/2 mundane hours, why do I tortue myself so? oh yeah, cause I'm in debt and can't afford to pay the rent (keep forgetting that)...

...time for :coffee:

14. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    *sigh*

rr, I blame it on broadband hyperness. Sowwy, Tal, for cluttering up your pretty board :(

*sigh*

I just had a bunny bite me in the backside and it makes me want to scrap my current nano, or at least to move it to the "To be written later" folder...

I suck.

15. chevalier

Media:
    I guess I'll close at four for this page. Like always or almost always. Need some more coffee. Need some beer. I'm both rested like newborn and tired like after a torture session at one time. Strange. Guess the balance of substances in my circulation has been disturbed.

16. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31

This is gonna be harder than holding my breath, 2/5 only three to go for this page... I fear the end is nye, clouds everything the dark side does ooOOOOooo

17. chevalier

Media:
    I am your father! :grin: :tie:

18. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Hmmm thanks to the spam I never have a change of being 5 times on one page lucky Me :D

Anyway I hope this will not take away the insanity of RB! Right I want I beer now!

19. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

bg2 collectors limited edition on ebay.co.uk

20. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31

Here come some babbles, have no idea who thier quoting though...

"Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering."

"Always two there are. No more, no less. A master and an apprentice."

"Lost a planet, Master Obi-Wan has. How embarassing."

"Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try."

"When 900 years old you are, look as good you will not!"

oooOOOOoooo

Time to finish off the evening with beer, and begin the very early morning with the :coffee: , damn this kebab is gooOOOood!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.