1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #29

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Nov 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Haired Beauty Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Saw this on the net. Found it funny.

How many group posters does it take to change a light bulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed
    14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently
    7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs
    27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs
    53 to flame the spell checkers
    41 to correct spelling/grammar flames
    6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ...
    2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"
    15 know-it-alls who claim *they* were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct
    156 to email the participant's ISPs complaining that they are in violation of their "acceptable use policy"
    109 to post that this group is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb group
    203 to demand that cross posting to hardware forum, off-topic forum, and lightbulb group about changing light bulbs be stopped
    111 to defend the posting to this group saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts *are* relevant to this group
    306 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty
    27 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs
    14 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's
    3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group
    33 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"
    12 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy
    19 to quote the "Me too's" to say "Me three"
    4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ
    44 to ask what is a "FAQ"
    4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
    143 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"
    1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again....

2. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Very little work has been done by me this day.

Definately not good. Latin must be translated, languages must be transcribed, and essays must be written.

Wait... I'm thinking using Latin grammar rules :bang:

Is this a good thing or not?

3. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Well, I was throwing one my my photos of Auckland Harbour onto member photos for the "Find me a Picture" thread, and I decided to put up a bunch of photos of myself from my more recent travels.

The scary thing about the photo in St Petersburg is that I was so drunk that I don't remember anyone taking it and, even more scary, I don't remember ever wearing the silly looking hat. God only knows what else I don't remember about that evening. Too much Vodka. :shake:

4. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    @DHB, that made me laugh almost as much as the Simpsons did earlier tonight! :thumb:

Well, it looks like I'm going to be dirt poor for another two weeks. I got paid today and $238 of my $300 check is already gone towards paying back the post-dated check loan I had to take so I could pay the bills durring thr last two weeks. Can one survive on $68 for two weeks? I wonder if they'll let me take out another $200 loan...hell even a $50 loan would help. I hate being poor! :cry: :rolling:

5. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    *hugs Kitrax*

Lai, nothjing wrong with Latin... except that it's evil :D

6. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

I wonder what the world would be like without the hugs from Ara...

The worst fate.

/me shudders

7. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    :coffee: (from ancient Sumerian ideograms translates as Chev's lunch)

Time to go to uni for two boring lectures and a couple of breaks, spanning over 3 hours and 20 minutes. After that, a ride home and then, after some time, back to uni for a 1.5 hour class. Talk about inconvenient schedule.

I'd better take a fantasy book with me or I'll die of boredom.

8. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    My next to last day at me job...Ahhhh! I can't wait to start my new gig!!!!!!

9. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Go Bel!

am thinking of hitting 50K during this wake cycle; should be entirely possible, even igf the quality of my work might drop drastically....

10. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Wow, my replacement hard drive just arrived. Next day delivery at 7:50 AM :jawdrop: - I must admit, I am impressed.

11. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

12 hours to go for my flight back to India...

:banana: And I can't wait!! :banana:

I might not be around for a couple of days once I leave...gotta find me a computer there...ah well, a few days without SP won't kill me...I think... :hahaerr:

12. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Today, I've read an opinion that "if you kiss someone, doesn't mean you have to date them exclusively". So much meaning in one phrase.

Surely one kiss doesn't make a relationship, but what the hell is dating non-exclusively? Frenching a different person each day? Is that done in turns or at random?

13. Dark Haired Beauty Gems: 13/31

@Chev...If this includes Butt Kissing I have a few people in some of my classes that will never be exclusive. :lol:

14. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Still no email from the director of the play about who got what part.

Will someone please kill me so that the waiting doesn't?

15. Midwinter Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Gladly.

*kills Laiwethel in a disturbingly artistic way*

I'm bored again - I want to do something *exciting*, but I've no idea what.

*reads Laiwethel's entrails for some inspiration*

[ November 16, 2004, 23:23: Message edited by: Midwinter ]

16. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Hehehehe....I just made a custom Ankeg for ToB that when you see the antennae of the little bastard, you had better have your mages and other weaker party members run for the hills, and get you tanks ready for the fight of their lives! Beside giving him a few innate spells...like stoneskin, horrid wilting, and spell trap...he now has two attacks with his claws each round, that do 2D10 +5, +3 acid! Oh yeah, he also goes after the weakest party member in sight. :thumb:

The sad thing is, I should have been sleeping while I was making him. Oh well, that's why there is Mt. Dew! :yum: :rolling:

17. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31

GO Kitrax! Unleash the ankegs on Lai! That should get the job done! And if not, then I know a psychopathic girl with a katana who might want to help...

Boy, I've been away too long (about a week), now I'm behind. Lots 'o readin' ter do, or maybe not. I'm too lazy, I'll catch up on the weekend, I've things to do... well, almost :D

I'll try to catch up but no guarantees.

18. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

That's not good enough. We need guarantees!

19. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

If I had just one wish, it would be that life would have background music. That'd be so cool.

Oh, and that it would be music people would like. I don't want that whole "Family Guy" scenario...

20. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31

@ Harbourboy - FINE! Saturday will be catch up day, such a chore ;)

@ Kam - Life doesn't have background music? I thought it did, or is it only me :rolleyes:

*sings* Over the hills and far away!
    She prays he will return one day,
    Far from the mountains and the seas,
    A prisoner's life for him there'll be...

Good song, I don't know why but I love it. A pitty its not the background music often enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.