1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #3

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Nov 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Good for you, Ara. A year more and it´s nothing but downfall (at least in looks) after that. :)

2. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Well, there is one thing I realized some thing that is kind of sad... when I turn eighteen, I can't behave like normal people and go clubbing, and when the doorman asks for ID get cocky and go "Ha ha, I'm legal...." because they haven't asked for ID since I was fourteen....

Andyes, it has been a downfall in looks....

Ara
    (Whatever edited away here... go figure...)

[ December 09, 2002, 13:09: Message edited by: Arabwel ]

3. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Damn storm, if it comes back I'm gonna go nuts...
    Bugger

4. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Aikanaro:

God, I know. That storm was terrible. I spent the whole day Saturday in trees, pulling down limbs that had cracked and were just dangling there.

Freezing rain is just terrible.

Ara:

Happy Birthday!

So anyways, finals are this week. Fun and games. I'd better have a mainboard back by Friday...

5. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] Okay here we go. First gig is 20th December. Now i know that i have posted about this in the past but this post includes the latest song line up and a sentence on what they are about.

Gearstick Pete - [Fast, hardcore punk] About my boss when he 'missed' his gearstick on the round about and brushed my thigh :mommy:

Rat Poo - [Ska punk] This is basically about the drummer giving this girl some bark who thought it was drugs. To make it even more convincing it was given the name Rat Poo which when pronounced in an indian way (which he did) sounded like Ratapoo

Noobstick - [Fastish, hard punk] This song is from our bassist who screams about how his rival bassist (who announces that he is better then ours) is basically a git ... just using alot more ... 'language'

The Bradley Song - [Ska] Those that have been here long enough would know about this guy. For those that havn't, its basically like Noobstick, except that its played clean, using a ska strumming method and is alot more upbeat (in the blink 182 sense)

Fade - [Punk rock (abit like Offspring i suppose)] Serious song which basically talks about how we will die in the end and most of us will not leave a mark

Ledbury Girl - [Slowish Punk rock (abit like Adam's song I guess)]My exgirlfriend from Ledbury. She cheated on me. Nuff said.

*This song fades into...*

Lost - [Punk Rock] which is about a friend of mine who was shunned pretty much all the time by the popular kids. I was only one of a few that would try and support her.

I will try and get a demo recorded as soon as I can. Please be patient and hopefully once i gain enough net knowledge, i can post a link leading to downloads etc. with our band site or something.

Wish 'Still Bust' luck guys!

[ December 09, 2002, 17:50: Message edited by: Sniper ]

6. Arabwel

Media:
    Heh, when you win all the MTV awards next year ´we can brag about our very own Sniper...

I can already say, even though I hate Gimmel, the Finnish Popstars band, that one of my oldest frieds' best friend was two years in same class as one of the girls. (Did that make any sense?)

Also, IIRC, two of my friends are second cousins to one of the members of Kent. :)

Ara
    (BABBLE!)

7. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] the god ain't this a beauty
    A beauty

Try and scroll for a long time. Doesn't it look like a double alpha-helix? :1eye:

[ December 09, 2002, 19:27: Message edited by: Nobleman ]

8. the god Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] :shake:

mmm... fasta-formatted

>nobleman, i didn't realise you were such a size-queen! it's not how many gigabases-long your sequence is, it's what you encode with it that counts!

:love:

[ December 09, 2002, 22:10: Message edited by: the god ]

9. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] I have returned!!!! After nearly 8 months of having a corrupted hard drive my best friend came round. It took 4 hours a lot of climbing into the loft and looking for discs and cds, But Now, finally Now i am back with a lovely 30 gb uncorrupted hardrive plus everything of the old drive i wanted to keep and a backup drive in place and it's working so smooooth. Ahhhhhhhhh. Now to redownload all 138 messages from my hotmail account, yay 119 done so far!

Oh yeah does anyone know how to rebind the keys on my keyboard because my " key is bound to @ and vice versa. Rather confusing.

10. JohnnyRTFM Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Ugh! Monday... Trying to figure out which is worse, waking up to hear it's -28 degrees outside, or waking up to Jennifer Lopez on the radio...

11. Atreides Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Yay! another Monday, another attempt at making the forty or so minute trek to Waco Tx. for a Civil Air Patrol meeting where half of my cadets probably won't show up and the rest will be in horrible conditions (no uniforms and excuses to go along with them, etc.) Does the fact that I'm supposed to be the Leadership Officer for my squadron and hold the rank of 1st Lieutenant help? no ****ing way. Anyway, just felt I'd say that. Anyway, wish me luck or at least better fortune tonight.

12. Oaz Gems: 29/31

Ah, well, good luck and perserverance then, Atreides. :)

13. Mauricio Eiji Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Veteran

Ok, ok, what's fasta? apart from some gaact dna-like stuff I saw nothing! I'm confused. Again.

14. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Lazy Bonzo:
    Get a pen and shove it down the side of the offending key and lever it off. Then just shove it where its meant to go.

ejsmith:
    We are probably talking about two very diferent storms, but anyhow

15. Wordplay Gems: 29/31

You finally found an avatar for yourself, eh Arabwel? No glasses though...

16. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Ah, another has given up thequest for the rogue stone.
    Damn, storms back

17. Arabwel

Media:
    Virne, are you stalking me?!? :p

Happy birthday to me!

As of 08.07 oday, I have existed 17 years in my current incarnation. Yay me.

Ara
    (Keyrings are fun....)

18. Wordplay Gems: 29/31

Err...stalking you? Now where is my english book... Btw, what did you do (to get the avatar)? Did you buy something from SP, or was it just a reward of being "vittuilijoiden aatelia?" :lol: Sorry, had to say that. :roll:

A year more and it´s nothing but downfall...(did I already say that somewhere?)

19. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] Hmm, I might go play POR:2 untl it crashes, I should be back in about 2 minutes...

Edit: It made it to four minutes, not bad...

[ December 10, 2002, 10:56: Message edited by: Aikanaro ]

20. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

No, actually 11 more. Then it's downfall. If it gets downfall before that... then I feel sympathy for you.

Just think, one year more and you can legally (a joke that, as no-one controls it) drink your head full of liquor every weekend and destroy your braincells with it. Then go to town and brag about it with your friends! Isn't it amazing how cool life just gets? sighs..

Oh btw, note that this was all sarcasm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.