1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #30

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Nov 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Perhaps you would like to hear a tale of my mistakes, so you could avoid them? ;)

Heheh, joking. Good luck!

2. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Happy Birthday Ara and Carcaroth, Congratulations and good luck Rally.

Rolsuk: go for it. You won't forgive yourself if you don't.

Chev: How about some of the one's I almost made but was lucky enough to catch them before I hit enter?

3. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Happy birthday Arabwel and Carcaroth!

After a week of reading manuals and fiddling around with our software I was finally given some real work shortly before the work day ended.

After a little thought I decided that the way I was asked to do the job was very much sub-optimal and that I could produce a much more useful and flexible data set. It always amazes we the way most people underuse the relatively basic functions of computer software.

I left my boss a message asking if that is o.k. so I guess I will find out tomorrow if this will impress her or just tick her off. Hopefully she will be more open minded than the senior partner was at my old job. Either way, I figure that if the job is worth doing it is worth doing correctly.

4. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

So I was off by a few hours. At least I got the day right.

My mother's birthday on the other hand...

5. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

Thanks folks, and
    Happy Birthday Ara.

6. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Happy Birthday Ara! *Hug*

I feel broken last night was horible. Well a extra coffee will do the trick I guess...

7. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Happy B'day Carcaroth.
    Get wasted Ara :banana:

8. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Hapy B/day :)

9. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    You do realize that 8People ressurrected that thread i SS for a purpose? :p

As it is, I am thinking of going to fetch myself some alcohol - I only have bad brandy :(

But I also have some very, very nice steaks awaiting :D

10. Midwinter Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I'll refrain from wishing Arabwel and Carcaroth a happy B-day (just say it out loud), and will instead wish you both a Happy Birthday.

11. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    @ Midwinter - lol. That took me a minute to figure out what you were on about.

12. el timtor Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Ara,

Brandy is like pizza (or sex)--if it's good...it's good. If it's bad...it's still good.

Hope you had a good birthday... :)

13. Arabwel

Media:
    thankee - am stil having, for the next 2 hours and 38 mins :p

i am sre that WUI is an idiotic idea.

14. Zurga Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Been a while since I've visited SP. Work is a harsh, butt ugly mistress.
    Anyway happy birthday Arabwel and Carcaroth, may you guy have many, many, many, many more.

Am off to a company christmass party. Wish me luck, I'll need it :beer:

tomorrow :sick:

15. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

*runs around in panicked circles* Aah! My exam is in three hours! There is no way I am ready for this. :eek:

At least I get to go home for a couple of days, go to a ceilidh, and decorate gingerbread houses before I have to write my next exam.

Tea, coca-cola and water will be my salvation for this exam. That, and cramming.

16. Arabwel

Media:
    *hugs Lai*

Good luck! I shall try to get to the goodies soon so you can have something help to rewind!

17. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I just got my Sorcerers.net mug for Hannukah, it's excellent and I'm lovin' it.

18. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31

Thanks for the advice guys, its like this though; before you lease a car, you want to know about it. You want to know how worn it is, its features (especially these, there's nothing worse than finding out that a car doesn't have a CD player), make sure the car is at least suitable for you, etc.

I hardly know her, I now know her name at least, but I know pretty much nothing else. We just went on the same trip, talked a little, and say 'hi' in the hallways. Plus we danced for two songs. I'll probably won't wait long, especially when I found out that my friend and I were thinking of disfferent people, but he says he'll try to get some intel anyway. I'll certainly try to get her e-mail for msn, another of learning about her. We don't hang out together, and pretty much none of them I know. No worries, I'll ask her out, and likely this week (unless she already has a boyfriend, but I must not think that way).

Tonight, I'm drinking! :beer: Time to get drunk!

19. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Why get drunk when you can get krunk?

20. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.