1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #31

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Dec 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

I know your pain, Drugar. I spent most of the day yesterday looking at the news in the internet. It's the company's money. If they're happy paying you (and me) for doing nothing, that's fine with me.

...still, having to be here until 5pm tomorrow sucks... :bang:

2. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

5 more hours to go, and I've already started making models out of my empty coffee cups, I think im going to make some holes for eyes and a slit for a mouth... ohhh this one looks like me! :nuts:

3. Drugar

Drugar And now... we wait! Veteran

Media:
    @Colthrun: I prefer payment for the work I do, not for all the sites I visit. 8 hours staight on the internet normally isn't too much of a problem, but when it is forced upon you in a company environment it resembles counting sand particals in the Sahara...

4. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31

Three hundred posts and a sparkling new gem to wiv them!

:banana:

@Drugar: If there was no wind or rain etc and there was an average of 500,000 particles per sqr foot and you counted one particle every 0.5 seconds, how long would it take to count all the grains of sand in the sahara? oh dear now I have a headache...

5. Drugar

Media:
    If you tell me how large the Sahara is, I could tell you :D

Want an asperine?

6. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31

The total domain of the Sahara Desert is more than 9,000,000 sq. km, more than 3,500,000 square miles. Of which some 200,000 square km. Some 80,000 square miles, consist of partially fertile oases.

...now you have to decide how much of that 8,920,000 sq. km's breaks down into sq. ft...

/me takes some asprine

you then have to take into account that the area increases all the time, but scientists have failed to calculate this accuratly as it would probably bore them to death... oh this is gonna hurt...

7. Ancalìmon Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Talking about swords, is there a difference between sabers and rapiers?

8. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    *giggle*

There' s way too much snoow outsiode... and I am resisting the rge to name a character Annie.

9. Drugar

Media:
    @Slayer of the Coast: I'll let you know when I'm finished tinking about a clever response. Probably somewhere around when hell freezes over.

@Colthrun: Great news! I actually did something :rolling:

After decades of fighting with our supplier of hardware I finally got a fuser-unit for an old HP printer and I replaced it just now. I had 15 minutes of work. Envy me!!!! :evil:

@Arabwel: you've got snow? I'm jealous!

10. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Ancalìmon - iirc, a sabre is more shaped and a rapier has a pretty hilt (imo)

Snow is good, but the cold isn't :p

11. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

Well I'm actually happier if it's ten grades (celcius) minus than when it's somewhere around zero. Snow becomes hell once it starts to melt. I can take the cold and the ice but I sure as hell can't stand getting all wet during the winter.

12. Arabwel

Media:
    Agreed, morgoroth - and as it is, when the melty stuff freezes again... *shudder*

And as it is, I really should get back to writing...

13. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

@Drugar

You managed to work for 15 minutes? :whoa:
    All I've done so far is to tell someone where to find an option in his print driver... 2 minutes maximum... need :coffee:

14. Drugar

Media:
    @Colthrun: 2 minutes? That must be a new company record :D

Seriously: it sucks, I know. Now tomorrow I have to fill inn on the callcenter: ON MY ONE. Because it's the changing of the year and all, nobody will call so I don't have anything to do than to sit and drink coffee. That's gonna be hell...

15. Ancalìmon Gems: 14/31

ah, so the rapier has the typical bowl-shaped hilt, right?

16. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] In the sabre department I can only really go by the one Frosty has and in the rapier part I can only go by the pics I've admired online.

But yes, I think rapiers generally do have similar shaped hilts as fencing swords, a rounded guard.

17. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Spherical hilt and usually an elaborate handle with bent or even plaited wires protecting the palm from injury.

A bit like this, but the weapon in the picture is actually a longsword.

18. el timtor Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

@Colthrun & Drugar

At least you guys don't have to work on New Year's day as I have to. All day. 1100-2330.

But if you do, I guess we can be in hell together...

19. Arabwel

Media:
    *sigh*

as it is, I am an utter moron who should write.

But afaik, i am pwning Aik :p

20. Elvenblade Gems: 14/31

Tomorow's new years eve and I'm gonna get sooooo wasted :beer:

I really like this time of the year; christmas, birthday AND new year :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.