1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #31

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Dec 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Midwinter Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Eris is on her way, I fear - relatives are on their way here tomorrow.

I can't wait for the New Year to start so I can get back to my Tai Chi Quan lessons.

2. Drugar

Drugar And now... we wait! Veteran

Media:
    @el timtor: you got to be kidding. You have to work on New Year's day?

What kind of job do you do?

3. el timtor Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

@Ara
    What are you doing to Aik?

@Drugar

I work in a chemical manufacturing plant that runs 24/7. Fortunately, I work in the control room, so I just have to push buttons and make sure things don't blow up... :)
    And I have a PC w/internet, so I can do the BoM thing while I'm working... :D

4. Dark Haired Beauty Gems: 13/31

shivers...oh the withdrawl of not being able to get online....all is right in the world now. Happy New Year to everyone!

5. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Horror! I already enter white rage mode after losing the connection for a couple of minutes. Glad to see you back.

6. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31

Don't sabres have slightly curved blades at the end and are one sided, and rapiers have straight two sided blades?

Haven't touched my homework and probably won't either :rolleyes: Whatever, go procrastination!

I'm hungry, *sigh* I'll have to get food soon. I don't want to get up but I'll listen to the beckoning of my stomach.

7. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    @ el: I write more than he does :D

*sigh*

I feel horrible because someone I only know the name and the fact that he has a funky foot is in the hospital; his friends are v. worried so I am, by proxy, worried and feeling terrible.

:(

8. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31

There there Ara. Have a :beer: you'll feel better, or a coffee if you prefer.

I still haven't gotten up to get food yet, I might just do that soon as I'm starving now...

9. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Yes, food is a good thing. Almost finished off the junk food from Christmas. Not eager to get into mom's Green Apple Jelly Beans...

10. el timtor Gems: 13/31

Veteran

I've got plenty of junk food, enough to last to the New Year. My father-in-law bakes A LOT of cookies and such for the holidays...

*hands out cookies to all*

11. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Right now, the only thing that could make be feel better is just about as likely as Hell freezing over.

12. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    That would be scimitars. Sabres have blades curved all along the way. Rapiers are tricky. They can have an extremely thin blade (double-edged) or no blade at all and just the pointy tip. Or the tip and some kind of generally sharpened end, making it possible actually to cut something.

13. Drugar

Drugar And now... we wait! Veteran

Media:
    Thanks for the cookie el timor!

14. Yirimyah Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Ancalìmon:
    A sabre is a curved sword used by cavalry. Curved backwards so as to cut through people easier, the main use from horseback. A rapier is a duelling sword. Thin, double edged, and damn sharp.

@chev:
    Sorry Chev, but that's a foil, a sword used for fencing, wherein the weapons are foil, epeé, and sabre. I am unaware of any use for foils outside sport fencing, as they are so thin they snap easily when used against a conventional sword. Or, indeed, another foil if you don't warm the blade up first. The tip is covered by a rubber cap.

PS: 4 hrs till NYE and drunkeness!

15. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I can't believe I have to work on New Year's Eve for the second year in a row. I have so many fireworks this year... I'm either going to beg to get off before 10pm, or I might quit. I hate my job anyway. :bang: :rolling:

16. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

Yeah New Year's Eve party awaits. Too bad my home town decided to cancel its fireworks because of the tsunami disaster in Asia. It's really waste since they bought the fireworks allready and they can't use them anymore next year. :(

EDIT: Oh boy a new gem! What a nice New Year gift from SP, finally got rid of that horribly ugly gem.

17. Yirimyah Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Hmm, 25 more to go...

Ahh, how I love RBP.

It's a bit dumb, canceling fireworks you've already paid for. Sydney was considering it, but.. we've already paid up, so might as well set 'em off.

18. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

[​IMG] @Kit: Thats sux, try and get away from work as soon as, if not, RUN AWAY...

12 hours to go... 12 HOURS TO GO!!!

Got a major partay lined up for tonite, all the preparations are in place, Ive already ordered the taxi with an ambulance on standby :rolling: :banana: :beer:

19. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    @Kitrax: Hey don't worry, you're not the only one. A friend of mine has to work starting... now actually, 3 pm. Until 7 am the next day... 16 hours in a row on New Year's eve :(
    Not that I've had any vacation... I'm at work right now, and will be tomorrow too. But, I at least get to have the night for myself :D

20. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Right, this is me signing out for 2004...

HAVE A GREAT NEW YEAR EVERYONE AND I'LL SEE YOU ALL IN 2005!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.