1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #32

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Jan 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    *Chevalier receives a phone call*

Yes?

Yes, Mrs Splunge.

Four thousand five hundred in advance, another when done.

Yes, including the 10% Christmas cut.

Will call you later.

*Chevalier switches off the phone

Sorry, Splunge...

2. el timtor Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

/me lights candles for the above-mentioned poor guy

3. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Hey, where did the Christmas heads go? They were so cute! Give me back my Christmas heads! :wail:

I'm waiting for a friend. He is SEVEN HOURS LATE :flaming:

I still have something like 6 months before I have to write and defend my thesis... I have 2 part time jobs... and I get TWO more (potential) job offers. I want them. Both of them ($$$$). But I don't have TIME! :bang: :bang:

Not to mention I waste so much time on the boards here. You guys & gals are addictive.

Oh and congrats Arabwel. Your partner will probably soon be :bang: himself :shake:

Ok, time for :coffee: Long night ahead. Wait, I don't drink coffee. Oh well, guess it'll be a :beer: instead.

4. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    /me readies a sword, the spell Protection From Bible-Thumper, quaffs invisibility potion, and waits for chev.

5. Midwinter Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

*bumps into invisible object*

Hey! What's this?

6. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Way to go, Ara!

Tell us more about the lucky guy. :p

7. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

/me wonders why Midwinter bumped into invisible Splunge in Splunge's house...

Oh, the mystery, the scandal...

8. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    /me uncovers the Axiomatic BFG 7200 and lights a cigarette

9. el timtor Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

What will Mrs. Splunge do when she finds out what these two naughty boys have been doing? :D

10. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

@ara: Im sure its not that bad... okay I lie, get out, WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!!

@chev, splunge and mid: wot r u doing? actually I dont want to know, Im scared enough as it is...

I have a new (temporary) job in a new department tomorrow morning, its nothing special, but Im nerves left right and centre as I've always wanted to work in this department... I cant sleep, and I cant type, its taken 10 minutes to write this lot as it is, make that 12 minutes... have to controls my breathing, must remember to get :coffee: tomorrow morning... its 01:23, and I'm on the verge of puking... oh dear... 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10...

/me grabs my laft hand with my right to stop it from shaking...

11. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I think I need to see a doctor...my blood preshure is kind of high, and my average body temp has been at a sturdy 100 degrees all week long...but I don't feel sick, I just have a constant headache. Maybe it's just stress. :rolling:

12. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31

@kit:

you wanna swap? I'll trade you my constant hand shaking and paniked breathing for the increased temperature and headaches? fair trade...

13. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

@Dal:

When it's a 9 am class and your only class of the day, on a Monday, Latin is not fun.

I really hate the idiot drivers who have their music blasting with the really heavy bass. It shakes the walls of the house, and is not a good thing to have interrupt a meditation. :bang:

14. Yirimyah Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

@Splunge:
    Niceeeeeee.

@chev: It's the BFG 9000 nowadays!

I have some kind of horrible virus..... argh.

15. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31

@Lai: Yeah, one day I will be one of those drivers! lol!

/me tries to mediatate but starts bobbing his head to the music instead...

I've come to the conclusion its not the fear of where Im working tomorrow thats scarring me, its this girl... oh dear I said it, wtf am I supposed to do if I've fallen for a girl at work?

16. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    /me tosses water balloon (filled with gasoline instead of water) at chev's lit cigarette. :evil:

17. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

On my first run through, I didn't really take the time to sight see. What with Arie and all the run-ons, feebly seperated with commas, I was loathe to breathe heavily. But looking back through it now, it has some Fallout2 to it. Not a pr0n studio stuck in a post-apocalyptic world, but rather some inside jokes with the development team.

For instance:

Holy Swizarnian Hammer of Lucerne

"Oh," he had then added, "and pray thee bless it as well... thou dost know, that one where it explodes undead most explosively and what-not, so that I might get my most righteous smite on."

When Lodur the Brave returned to the dwarven stronghold to pick up his new hammer, he found instead a spiked pole-arm whose use was forbidden by his religion. The cleric ranted and gnashed his teeth and swore up and down the halls of the clan before stomping off in disgust, leaving his payment and the somewhat inappropriately named hammer behind.

-------

There's a ton of them. Creative department, accounting geeks (more than likely), and animation nerfs, all balance testing whatever happened to be available at the time. All leaving their "payment" of the project on the poor dwarf's desk. Or, you know, sharing their mp3's on the LAN.

Regardless of what I may have said or implied in the past, there's a lot of character to the game. I still think they could have swapped out Arie, for Minsc (doing his best Arundel impression) or Jaheria; even Edwin or Fall-from-Grace would have been preferable. Heck, they could have slapped the Grey Wolf in there and it would have been an improvement.

My god. Someone please collapse that circus tent. Thanks.

18. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31

right its 4:00 in the morning, time for me to sleep on it I think... maybe my head will be clearer in the morning...

19. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

But it is the morning already.

20. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Sleep? What's that? Oh yes, that thing that I should be doing right now. I think my bed is calling my name.

Should I be worried?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.