1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #33

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Carcaroth, Jan 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I work 7.5 hours a day but the actual amount of work I do = 2.5 - 4 hours so I am very bored.

Any suggestions for things I could do or websites to look at? I could work on some of my college assignments but I am too lazy to do that!

2. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Get a livejournal. join a few communities. friend a lot of people. Try keeping up with your flist.

*sigh*

No Jen. Possibly early next week :/

Am going to watch Shrek 2 tonight... got to LOVE Puss. So darn adorable...

3. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

@ Laiwethel - You are starting assignments two whole days before they are due? Bah, my university roommates normally started around 11:00 PM the night before. Of course they were computer science students who didn't seem to care how poor their marks were as long as they actually managed to pass the course. ;)

4. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Ara, Arlyn got a copy of Shrek 2 for Christmas. Maybe now Velcro and I will actually be able to see the whole thing!

5. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

I am seriously beginning to consider shifting courses. Right now, I'm an Economics major by choice. We're having our first Microeconomic long exam tomorrow (under arguably the toughest teacher in the university :eek: ) and I don't understand anything :confused:

I'm really bad in math and calculus in particular so I'm really messing up with the Lagrangian Multiplier and all the other stuff :mad:

6. JSBB Gems: 31/31

@ Enagonios - from what I have seen (I minored in economics) the further you get into economics the more math/calculus dependent it becomes.

The mathematics for economics course that I took in second year was a real shocker for everyone who didn't have a good aptitude for math. Fortunatly for me I was one of the top math students back in high school so I was able to handle it but a lot of people ended up failing that course.

7. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Aye, Micro almost broke my proverbial neck. :shame: I pulled through thanks to the Macro-part eventually.

Lagrange. blech

8. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I was supposed to have one semester of economics in the social science part of my teachers degree but after two weeks me and a friend quit the class due to it being solely math. Math we had no chance of grasping as we completely lacked the knowledge needed to begin to understand the math used during the course. Seeing as it was the university who had accepted us to the course, with our lack of math skills openly stated in our grades, they supplied us with "dumbed down" economics without the math. We switched our one semester of economics to half a semester of business law and half a semester of economics without stupid math and I am way better off this way.

9. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

@Ara: I'm so sorry for you Ara. I know how it feels to be computerless. I once (barely) survived for 5 months without my computer and had no friend with a computer! I feel for you.

/me gives Ara some flowers with spiderwebs to cheer her up ;)

10. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Carnaval in Maastricht rules! Been jumping and drinking and having fun!

11. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Well, I have finalized things with my travel agent and as it turns out I will only be spending ten days in Greece instead of the 18 that I had originally planned. That is because I will be spending the other eight days in Egypt. :)

12. Lord Garak Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I hate winter. Now I fully understand the canadians. I had shovel the snow which was in front of the building I live in, and the snow was only about 4 inches deep. I don't want to imagine what the canadiens (and other unlucky people) have to go through. And now that the city is semi-clear of snow, it's full of ice. I managed to fall again(Kelvon knows the incident) just like in a comedy movie. I actually cracked the ice where my head hit, my own poor head was intact but it hurt like hell.

Also I managed to post half of chapter 3 in the CS here. I hate not having time to write.

@Ara hope you get Jen back soon.

/me gives Ara a scroll with a wish spell to cheer her up

13. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Wow, I'm working on three hours of sleep, and am currently bouncing off the walls. :banana: Usually when I'm this tired I get really lethargic and in an absolutely foul mood.

And, before you ask, yes, I have had a ton of caffeine to get me through this long and painful day. :roll:

14. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Went to the Open House of the ICT academie, where I am gonna try(there is no try!) for my Bachelor of ICT, major will be Informatics, and Minor will be Math, sounds good, no?

15. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Hehehe... this is post number 1234! Go me!

16. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

Hmmm Look behind you a three headed monkey!

Pom-di-dom...

17. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I fell down the stairs on the 3rd step which wasn't to bad but instead of falling down I fell over the side of the banister :toofar: how I done it, I don't know but it seriously hurt

18. JSBB Gems: 31/31

I can't believe it - they want $30 for the DVD of Jesus Christ: Vampire Hunter. :eek: Do they really expect someone to pay that much for an extra cheasy B film about Jesus and a Mexican masked wrestler teaming up to fight vampires?

Naturally the video stores around here do not have any copies. :(

19. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Don't you just hate it when you look and look and look for the perfect color of lip gloss and buy some that you think are good but aren't and then finally find one that works pretty well even if it's not quite perfect but you can live with it anyway especially if you blend with a little of another color or wear it over a certain lipstick...

only to find that the just-right color was hiding in the bottom of your makeup basket all along?!

20. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

I saw creatures that kissed in cold mirrors. I saw the face of the friendly stranger looking at me from the sky. There where heavy metal insect walking through the razorblade fields looking for food and shelter.

Then there was that blig bag car whispering my name, as I moved towards me it bids me entrance. You will never believe the things that happened inside the car, and I will surely not tell you, but by now I know that there indeed is one ring to rule them all...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.