1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #33

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Carcaroth, Jan 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I've come to the conclusion that valentines day is a waste of money and is only there for couples who don't care about each other and wait for this one day where they have the excuse to buy each other gifts and not ask the question "what have you done this time?" or, "what do you want now?", I think Im getting synical in my young age... although it does give oportunity to randomly flirt with the girls in the office and not get fired for it, do I risk going after my boss? :banana:

2. Fara Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I had such a strange dream last night... I dreamt I was playing Star Wars Galaxies (my character's on the Chilastra galaxy, if anybody cares) and encountered, all in the same guild, characters named Splunge, Taluntain, and Chev. It was so freaky.

3. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

WTF? There is one already, right :eek:

4. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I dreamt a horror movie, well at least bits of it there was one very disturbing seen about a guy losing an eye :S.

Anyway if Rob Zombie's Hell'srejected will be anything like my dream it's gonna be super gorry!

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Yea, I'm not sure what that guy's idea was, but his account will be locked down if he doesn't change his publicly displayed name.

6. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Great, I think I am about to be a little unpopular around here for a while.

My boss just informed me that I had an extra day of accrued vacation from 2004 due to a rule that only applies if the worker was hired before July 1st. I was hired December 1st so I sent her an e-mail with a link to the corporate policy explaining that I shouldn't be entitled to the extra day off.

I realize that this in and of itself may appear as if I am being somewhat stupidly honest but it gets worse - I just realized that there are six other people in my group that this would also apply to.

I guess I will have to hope for the best case scenario that my boss will be appreciative of my honesty but give us the day off anyway.

7. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

45F and raining like dogs here.
    Good for melting all the snow away though.
    :happy:

8. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

We got rain all day here too.

Hello, it's February, and I'm in Canada! It's still supposed to be snow!

9. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

Bizarrely, we haven't had serious rain in London for ages . . . Must be my trick of always carrying an umbrella. Making Murphy's Law work for you: you know it makes sense :grin:

10. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Or it could be the fact that it hardly ever really rains that much in London despite its reputation. I lived there for years and hardly ever got wet despite not carrying an umbrella. You get a plenty of grey cloud and a bit of drizzle from time to time but not much real rain. The idea that London is a rainy place is a myth.

11. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    It's 34F and it's pouring rain right now, which will change over to snow within the next hour now that the sun has gone down. Utah drivers + slick roads = a lot of accidents! :doh:

I don't like having to go to bed at 10pm. :grr: :rolling:

12. Shalladeth Is it ignorance or apathy? I don't know and I don'

It's been nasty here in Virginia as well! Rainy and in the 40's. And I've still got this crappy cold. :sick:

13. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I am not liking all of this rain we're getting. The roads are getting treacherous, and drivers are becoming stupid.

Getting to class tomorrow is not going to be fun.

14. Jhonka

Jhonka This is the face of Justice Veteran

Laiwethel, out of curiosity, where do you live? "A world of ice, snow and cold" seems like a pretty accurate description of where I live, and it's raining right now, heh.

15. JSBB Gems: 31/31

@ Jhonka - I suppose Anchorage does have a much better claim to being "A world of ice, snow and cold" than southern Ontario does. I really enjoyed visiting Alaska in the summer but there is no way you would get me up there in the winter.

Well, we still have some snow on the ground despite the fact that it has been raining for over 24 hours now.

16. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Jhonka: I guess it's time to change that location, as there's not as much snow as there used to be. I'm living in southern Ontario, as JSBB says.

I just wish all this rain would stop.

17. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

All we're gettin here is failed attempts at snow, and temperatures that are running up and down the spectrum.

I think Mother Nature is going through shock therapy the way the weather has been acting.

18. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    All we're getting is pleasant 80F clear days, broken up by the occasional one inch of rain.

:p

19. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Rain and rain again, but right now it's dry...

The weather in Holland is just terible...

But why am I complaining? Live is a game, better play it right! :banana:

20. JSBB Gems: 31/31

I really should buy a bunch of one cent stamps. It seems that everytime I buy a pack of stamps, Canada Post raises the price of lettermail by one cent before I finish using them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.