1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #34

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Feb 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

Are you giving up booze for Lent, Chev? I'm off all carbonated drinks for 40 days... the problem with this is that I can't drink any alcohol mixed with them, either... right now, I'd kill for a coke...

2. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Nay. I remember giving up alcohol for Lent, but this year it's chocolate.

3. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

Ugh, that's a tough one too...

4. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Right now I am extremely, utterly happy thjat I do not do Lent - giving up alchohol, carbonated drinks or chocolate? *shudder*

Had a funky dream with SP-ish bit included - some woman on some TV show was doing stuff in BBoM - strangely funky.

Also - I hate phone bills... I really, really want to know just what netted me the latest one...

5. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Today's News Flash:

I'm sick. Or have been these two days, missing one critical lecture in the labs and some language lessons (russia). And tomorrow I should get to school at 10am for another mandatory class. :(

6. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    Arabwel, maybe some time off would be good...you've started dreaming about SP, next you'll be eating and drinking SP, and next thing you know you will be SP... :mommy: :D

7. chevalier

Media:
    @Colthrun: Even tougher than alcohol. There's always some in the fridge (I don't live alone), while getting alcohol would require the effort of going to the shop, so laziness would chime in.

8. Dark Haired Beauty Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

:wave: Just finished my jazz exercise class. Watching American Idol and getting paid. Other than the Turner girl its been pretty boring tonight. Jessica rocked tonight. Just saw her performance

9. chevalier

Media:
    Hey there. :wave: Talked about jazz a lot today evening with some fellow students, myself.

10. Dark Haired Beauty Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Jazz dance aerobics is a lot more fun than regular aerobics. The women in my class like the idea you dont have to step on the platfoms like regular classes. Its good exercise for all ages without being hard on the joints. Plus Jazz music sets a mellow tone.

11. Arabwel

Media:
    Meh. I should stop trying to cook steak - I seem to never fricking ever get them right...

Oh well, at least I have not imbibed any alcohol - no danger of throwing my guts out thanks to the combo...

12. chevalier

Media:
    What a nice morning. I didn't even have three hours of sleep this night and a little over an hour of interrupted one, but I don't feel like going back to bed.

13. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Well at least the sun is shining :D .

I'm looking for a girl to walk with me by moonlight while we talk about the more inportand stuff of live, if any one is intrested let me know! :banana:

14. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Ara, steaks are easy. Here's what you do:

Pan Seared Rib Eye Recipe courtesy Alton Brown

1 boneless rib eye steak, 1 1/2-inch thick
    Canola oil to coat
    Kosher salt and ground black pepper

Place 10 to 12-inch cast iron skillet in oven and heat oven to 500 degrees. Bring steak(s) to room temperature.
    When oven reaches temperature, remove pan and place on range over high heat. Coat steak lightly with oil and season both sides with a generous pinch of salt. Grind on black pepper to taste.

Immediately place steak in the middle of hot, dry pan. Cook 30 seconds without moving. Turn with tongs and cook another 30 seconds, then put the pan straight into the oven for 2 minutes. Flip steak and cook for another 2 minutes. (This time is for medium rare steaks. If you prefer medium, add a minute to both of the oven turns.)

Remove steak from pan, cover loosely with foil, and rest for 2 minutes. Serve whole or slice thin and fan onto plate.

From here

I suggest you get a digital probe thermometer for getting just the right degree of done-ness.

:yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum:

15. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Sigh, I suppose I should just shrug and say to each their own but the very idea of cooking a steak any other way than on the barbeque just gives me the willies.

Then again, my family has always been sort of wierd that way, in the middle of winter with snow up to our knees and more falling as we stood there, we would still fire up the barbeque at least once every couple weeks.

I went over to my parents house for dinner last night and, despite the fact that is was bloody cold and windy, sure enough my dad headed out and barbequed us some steaks for dinner.

16. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Today is a good day, I've just got off agency work and Im now a fully fledged employee of the company under a contract!

:banana: ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY BABY :banana:

[ March 09, 2005, 16:24: Message edited by: Slayer of the Coast ]

17. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

just finished most of my paper :eek:

now im sleeeepy :coffee:

but the gf wont stop texting :rolleyes:

18. chevalier

Media:
    Can someone shoot me, please?

19. Arabwel

Media:
    *shoot Chev repeatedly in the head *

would you like some fries with that?

Thanks a lot, Rally, but I seem to miss some key objects like a cast iron skillet... I think I will just find my own way with trial and error :p

20. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Dinner date tonight! I'm more than a little excited, seeing as it means I actually have some sort of social life :D .

Hopefully this goes as well as I hope it does.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.