1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #37

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, May 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CĂșchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Just because he has just started seeing someone, that does not mean he has to keep doing it. Of course this is bad luck, but its far from the end, is it not?

Why do I have a cold that lasts for months, dispite eating lots of fruit, veg, and lots of exercise?

2. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    *hugggs Lai*

Skittles are addictive.

Also, wheee.

Edit: Chev? Some guys just litje to dote on their gf in any way possible, without thinking of it as "sponsoring"....

3. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] well, yay, spent the day unable to use my arm :spin:

I type slowly :D

Only four days of school left! Meep!

Then two months of EXAMS!!!!

4. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    @Arabwel:

Yeah. It's normal to enjoy giving and taking gifts. But I was speaking about an arrangement centred around expensive gifts. You know, one side expects sex and the other expects trendy clothes, cosmetics, gadgets, even cash. I don't like the idea of girls getting a boyfriend to be given mobile phones, cosmetics etc and I don't like the idea of guys using wordly goods to buy women for. It's just another kind of prostitution. When I give a gift or pay for something, it isn't because I want anything back. I would be hurt if the girl thought I did.

@Lai:

There will be another. Don't worry. Maybe give up all the looking and matchmaking and wait till you find someone really special? Maybe it's guys' turn now. Rarely is a guy worthy of a girl crying after him.

5. Arabwel

Media:
    Yeah, but what I neant was that a relationship that might appear as an "arrangement" might just apperar so....

I make no sense today. I blame the pain.

6. chevalier

Media:
    Yeah, it may only look so. Sometimes there's no arrangement but a buyer type simply meets a seller type and everything clicks. Or sometimes one of them is simply much wealthier than the other and starts paying for things. That's not my problem and not my interest. I just hate the buying & selling mentality. I give, I take, but I don't trade. "Transactions" happen even in marriages, actually. The pay for sex mentality is everywhere. Heck, you have that even in the traditional courting customs. I'm so sick and tired of seeing it all around me. None of the girls I've ever dated has been like that except one ages ago and it lasted a grand total of two weeks. So, fortunately, it hasn't got me. But I see it all around. Sometimes I wonder if people really don't want anything more spiritual and less materialistic.

7. Arabwel

Media:
    Strangely enough, I agree...

(Not that I would mind a guy giving me pretty shiny things, but he better not expect anything that would not be otherwise given...)

8. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

...and the best time to give a girl somthing shiny is when she stops asking for stuff and its unexpected, this may take time depending on how shallow she is...

9. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

@Chev:

I wasn't really looking for a guy, it just happened. Oh well. I'll live. Maybe when I get back he'll be single again.

On another note, allergies are evil, as are sunburns.

10. Arabwel

Media:
    I am in a very happy aural place now.

*wishes she could sing*

11. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

* /me thanks the gods I am no where near. *

You never know tilll you try. Sing on Ara.

12. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

It's amazing how many experts on love there are here at SP.

13. chevalier

Media:
    Failing teaches you something.

Edit: ****, I've just found out that we have a region South from here where 74% prostitutes are spinsters. Remove widows and divorcees and there's still a large number of married ones. Married prostitutes. Where is this world going? And almost a half has a steady partner.

[ May 12, 2005, 22:26: Message edited by: chevalier ]

14. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Getting caught also teaches you something.

15. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Being away for a day means missing a page, what is wrong with my, why did the force of spam betray me?

I finished my school work in time with the help of a glass of wine and the music of HIM, so I'm back on track in that area but my lack of posts is something to worry about...

16. Arabwel

Media:
    I love this song.... it is wonderful,makes me fangirl to the extreme.

And no reply since the 7th. I feel like major patheticness attack or a huge case of bitchiness is approaching... possibly both.

17. chevalier

Media:
    Have to ready myself for the qualifying convo tomorrow with the language school.

18. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Best of luck with that, chev! I'm sure you'll do fine.

19. chevalier

Media:
    Thanks! I'll let you know when I'm back from it.

Argh... can't type with these hands. Too painful. It's giving me nausaea.

20. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Whose hands are you going to type with then?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.