1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #38

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, May 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

2. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Then we suffer in different ways. Not by listening to chev. :D

3. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Fluid Mechanics. :bang: Ouch! the memories.

4. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    OK, guys, you were asking for it. Six heaped spoonfuls of instant coffee and some sugar put in 0.5 inch high of milk in a cup, foamed together. :coffee:

5. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I don't know how I did it, but I actualy cut myself with my mattress. It's pretty old, but how could I cut myself with it?! Around 1 'o clock in the morning, I felt pain on my elbow, the surprise I had when I open the light the see it bleeding.

I think I have the first and only mattress of Doom

6. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I drank too much :beer: last night, this morning Im... hang on its the aftrenoon, Im on the :coffee: and in two hours time I have to go to a fancy dress party,why do I do it?

/me talks to his liver, "I owe ya one matey!"

7. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

mm bored.

8. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] The engrish subtitles for The Two Towers went around a while ago, then the site got taken down. However it got mirrored

and for those whom have already seen that one there's also some alternative TTT subtitles and FotR captions

Enjoy!

9. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I have finished my pantaloons.

Weasels not included.

10. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

/me is slightly perterbed by what Ara just said.

11. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

It's supposed to rain on Tuesday and then be cooler after that. I'll believe it when I see it. In my area, the Politicians are more believable than the weatherman...

Edit: Top of the page!

12. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

The new versions of MSN Messenger aren't really getting any better - just more complicated and cluttered - and far too 'helpful'.

13. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

:thumb:
    Too true Aik! I pity any fool who clicks the "Customer Experience Improvement Program" link... Just another of Micro$ofts many evils :shake:

14. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

At home, suffering with hay fever. All windows and vents closed, all house wiped clean... and I'm still sneezing :(

15. Arifirh Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Best day ever yesterday! Wintershall '05... :D

Small black-tie charity festival in Surrey, and possibly the most posh rock concert in the world. The council organising it featured such names as Mrs. Poppity Nutting and Mrs. Tommy de Mallet-Morgan, and I was pleased to see The Viscountess Cowdray high on the list. I'm not making these up.

I still have no clue how I got there, but we definitely felt like the common element... there were two people sitting across from us on plastic gardening chairs, in tatty gardening clothes, sipping beer out of chipped mugs who were clearly the most obscenely rich people there. I mean, they were wearing tweed.

But as for the music - Eric Clapton was blindingly brilliant. He hasn't lost an ounce of feeling since Cream/Bluesbreakers, and played some stonking blues.

There was a group there I hadn't heard of before, though I knew the people in it - The Jones Gang. It had Kenney Jones from The Who on drums, Rick Wills who played bass for Peter Frampton and Foreigner, and Robert Hart from Bad Company, and two damn good guitarists whose names I've forgotten. Needless to say they were pretty good :D

Bob Geldof dropped out at the last minute; understandable with Live8 coming up, but still disappointing.

Ringo Starr sang a couple of songs towards the end, as did Roger Taylor; he did I Want to Break Free! :D

All in all, an excellent evening... and I got Roger Taylor and Greg Rusedski's autograph and photos! :bigeyes:

@Ofelix - I managed to cut myself on a towel, once. :mommy:

16. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Have finished all exams, and am now working on a Creative Writing portfolio to enter with my university application next year.

17. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Into the dark noobs fade
    Meeting violent doom
    When of gunpowder made
    Shadows begin to bloom

Despite their persistence
    Cities lavishly burn
    Move to nonexistence
    With none alive to mourn

Corpses adorn the field
    Marking the bloody way
    To what they tried to shield
    Running in disarray

Peons fall to the sword
    In vain seeking shelter
    No one is them to ward
    From knives bloody welter

18. Daie d'Malkin

er, yeah, what he said!

19. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Sometimes I want to strangle my cats.

And I hate waking up sore.

Urgh.

:coffee: , please...

20. Daie d'Malkin

*hands over a coffee* CHeer up, worse things happen at sea!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.