1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #4

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Dec 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Get out in the sunlight? But there are bears there! And... sunlight! :)

Good thing is, I've got a day off today. Bad thing is, I'll have to study the entire day, for my exam tomorrow.

Remind me again of why I need to be educated...

2. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

@Yerril: There is another Dungeons and dragons reference in series 2. I can't remember what episode. There is the creator of DnD and fry is being made to get into a teleport device. He says he needs a weapon to fight of evil monsters at the other end of his transport, and the DnD guys says, "Here, take my +1 mace!"

I think i was the only one of my friends to laugh at that. Needless to say, i got some funny looks.

Dr Zoidberg is the best character.

3. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

No, Frosty. He luckily hasn't seen it. I didn't do things I promised to do. Stupid. Got in a fight with an ex-friend. Could have been full-scale, if it weren't for the glasses. I hate her. Always criticising me and Deira and stuff.

4. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    EJ; I am getting the sword becuse

A) It looks cool when it is hanging from my belt when I am dressed in a fantasy costume... I am sooo waiting for the third LotR movie to come out :p , or hanging on the wall

B) It will be cool when used in mock battles; it is useable in its current form.

C) It will be damn cool to show off :p

Go read the cloaks and escalators topic. My cloak was stuck in an escalator, and by Whatever, I am going to get recompensated!

(A very pissed off person at thye moment, and in dire need of chocolate)

5. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] :flaming: My comp is messed up - for whatever reason, be uit a worm or a virus or what the #§$%. Yesterday I suddenly lost all my drivers, forcing me to reinstall my comp. Not only that, my internet (DSL & Modem) didn't work the day before. Consulting my ISP they suggested to close my DSL account and so I await my new access data because there is the risk some #&%@er hacked me and is using my data now ... =*§? , /@#§ etc, etc ... :flaming: :flaming:
    At least my modem works again in my clean back-up configuration so I can at least check my mail ... no longer blind and deaf .... :flaming:

/me thinks about using a :flaming: firewall :flaming: in furure :flaming:

6. Arabwel

Media:
    Awww... *hugs Ragusa*

I have been organizing/cleaning my room and talking with my dad on the phone.

I might get my beloveld sword today, if I have gotten my money...

I need chocolate...

(TIred and in dire need of chocolate)

7. Elios Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

ok, I saw this and thought it was hysterical. Police in Fulton, KY, investigation a marijuana-smoking complaint by William Hainline's neighbors in September, found dope burning on a backyard grill with a large fan on the other side of the house sucking the smoke through the home (in effect, said Police Chief Terry Powell, "turning the house into a large marijuana bong.") Hainline said he was merely having a 52nd birthday party, but police seized four pounds of marijuana. :lol: :xx:

8. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] You're running an xDSL connection without a firewall? You're braver than you look. That's like walking around on a shooting range with a target pinned to your back. Go download ZoneAlarm. It's annoying as hell as it often breaks legitimate connections too, but at least it keeps everything else blocked as well - incoming and outgoing.

I installed ZoneAlarm a few months ago and the stats say I've had over 6000 intrusions blocked since then, 11 of them high rated... Of course, more than half of those 6000 were not real intrusions, but those high-rated are the real deal...

[ January 23, 2003, 12:35: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

9. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I'm using my router and I considered that beeing enough protection since I use IP masking, anyway, I lowered my defences a little, freeing a few ports for downloading ...

Thanks for the tip.

PS: If anyone has any clue how to best configure Zonealarm with a router (or: virtual firewall with hardware firewall) please PM me ...

[ January 23, 2003, 18:10: Message edited by: Ragusa ]

10. Arabwel

Media:
    Ladies and gentlemen, I am the proud owner of a sort-of.sword. I'll be making a topic out of it, as soon as I get the pic ready.

I spent HOURS polishing it... my fingers are still raw. I wonder what you would say if you knew my mrthods... the fact is, it looks magnificent. And the bnest part? It is the perfect practise weapon... no sharp edges. Yet.

I am addicted to Tofifdees, a type of candy that has chocolate, nuts, nougat and fudge... yummy. I love them. It's my fourth box in as many days...

The girl with whom I roomed with in the psych ward has been relocated to my old group home... she thinks it's far better than her old one. (You other Finns know what I mean when I say the word: Ojantakainen) So she will be living relatively nearby! I am so happy for her, because she is the kind of person who can survive in that kind of enviroment...

Well, I'll be off now. Anyone can recommend where I should put my sword pics for you to see?

(The very, very proud sword owner)

11. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I suppose you could give some links to hosted elsewhere images in the 'whatnots' section.

Welcome, fellow sword owner :)

I also have one. Or rather I am with one ;) 'Elven Lady' she is. She's not easy to handle if you don't know how, but if you do know, oh, does she swing :) She's elegant but neat, with no commonish glittery. Thin, smooth, tight and heart-piercing ;) . Beatiful and deadly.

12. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Nobleman, perhaps I need to relate to you the parable of the two Stormtroopers .

Two Stormtroopers approached a doorway. One Stormtrooper went through it ok. The other bumped his head on the doorway. Which Stormtrooper made it safely to the other side of the room? The one who didn't hesitate and proceed to bump his head.

So quit bumping your head on doorways you shouldn't. :p

You must do what you feel is right of course.

[ January 24, 2003, 06:22: Message edited by: Big B ]

13. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Grr, evil BTA, he could have given us a warning before closing The Never ending Story.
    We hate him my preciousss...

14. Erebus Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Wait, what are we talking about here?

15. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

No puny rapier or longsword can stand up to a solid katana.

:D

16. Arabwel

Media:
    I want a katana as well... One day, I will have one!

But my next blade will be a dagger that is fashioned from one of those things they sick to the ends of rifles for sdtabbing, early 20th century, Swedish... it's gorgeous. It's from a different store, and I like that store a lot. The owner is a nice guy... I talked with him a long, long time about blades, swords, knives, metalwork, even about cloaks!

I also want a modern stab-thingy the Switserland army uses. it's a real beauty....

(The blade-crazy owner of a sword AND a throwing knife... or, as they say because it's illegal to sell throwing knives around here, owner of an aerodynamic hunting knife :) )

17. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    @Arabwel: Happened a few times that I was going through all the city with my sword 30'' blade while some 8'' is max allowed :D

I saw such wonderful daggers when in Spain/France this summer. They cost some mere $10 and are veeery fancy. Some of them truly RPGish. Pity I didn't buy one.

@Shura: depends. More on the style of fighting than on the blade. Mine is close to classic Norman, and a cavalry model (designed to chop peas... infantry ;) ). When I fight, people don't even see my wrists (the blade I don't see myself quite often). Although my style is not orthodox mediaeval/renaissance (the sword is 15/16th century Spanish style).

18. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

There is this realy cool shop that has daggers with realy groovy ornate sheaths and hilts. I want one!
    Katanas are pretty much the only sword you see commonly for sale, though U have seen some realy big hulking things, for $500!

19. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    No school for me until Tuesday! But, then again, I have exams Tuesday and Wednesday...

20. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

1. I do not like sunlight. It hurts me.
    2. I like the taste of blood. (veripalttu)

Could this refer to something that is not natural...?

[ January 24, 2003, 15:09: Message edited by: Taza ]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.