1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #4

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Dec 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    You like veripalttu? EWW! Fresh blood is so much better! You should try it sometimes!

You know, I so want to carry my sword around with me... Hell, to go with my cloak, I wouldn\t look weirder than usual. The Immies in Highlander manage to haul theirs around without much notice, yes?

I want more sharp objects!

Today I met someone I have met online for the first time she is another fanfiction enthusiast of the not-supposed-to-talk-about-it kind. She's really nice... we had coffee and visited the book store. We drooled all over the LotR film books, and decided we both´need to buy the Barry Strotter parody book.

You know, despite not having been in my fave coffee shop for coffee in months, they still remember what I like so I get it instantly, without having to wait for it being served to the table... Ice-cream coffee with espresso. Yummy.

(A person with a runny nose and a nice, shiny sword, trying to put up some pics)

2. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Hmm, seemingly my cable provider accidentally *banned* my DSL-flatrate account. To prevent a monopol and the regulation authority for telecommunication ordered my ISP and the cable operator (sister comopanies without any cooperation :rolleyes: ) to shut down all DSL-1500 & flatrate combinations.

Seemingly I somehow was included and so I'm w/o DSL for a week (and I will reduce my next phone bill accordingly, including the *costs* for the tech-support calls ( :flaming: they mess up my connection and I pay for them to help me :flaming: ) )

At least the hacker threat didn't materialise. Another silly bit: During a test connection to my ISP with a different account my Norton surveillance software rang all alarm bells. And during my brief connection it quarantined three worms and one virus that suddenly materialised on my sis' comp :shake: :rolleyes:

[ January 24, 2003, 19:08: Message edited by: Ragusa ]

3. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] "Wait, what are we talking about here?" - Tarsakh

Welcome to the Random Babbling Thread.

4. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

I second the voice for pictures of your sword Arabwel! Welcome to the club! ;)

*grips his hilt with sweet content*

Hacking knifes are very nice too. Sweeet khukuri. Why oh why did I ever blunt you? (Probably because if I had not, I would've lost a good deal of flesh by now :cool:

Viewed a couple of disected corpses today. God I love anatomy studies :) Noone of my fellow students passed out or puked though, what a dissapointment. :aww:

[ January 24, 2003, 19:37: Message edited by: Faragon ]

5. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
  6. Arabwel

Media:
    I just can't get the damned pics uploaded :mad: :mad:

I hate this.

It's comfy in the chatroom.

Life... does not suck.

L/L.

(The not naming herslef gal)

7. Frostmage Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

8. Dragon's Jewel Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I stay away from the board for one day, and look what happens... so many threads that I'm feeling mildly overwhelmed! You people have WAY too much to say sometimes....

9. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Ha! Welcome to my world Dragonjewel....except try staying away for a month and then trying to come back in...*grumble*
    Anyways...oh yeah, looks like I won't be here for at least another week, damn school...oh well, it'll get worse next year...hehehehe

10. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Okay, Florida is subtropical, it's supposed to be hot. So WHY am I freezing?! It's currently 28F and due to go down into the teens. I am so grumpy, I hate cold weather.

11. Dorion Blackstar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Its global warming steff havent you heard.

12. Elios Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Grrrrr, I hate people trying to claim we're going through global warming. Besides, you have it backwards anyways. If our planet was warming up, we would not be experiencing record lows in parts of the world.
    Now, what I wanted to say. I just finished watching "Invasion of the Body Snatchers." Man, what a great movie. Why is it that a lot of the older movies are really good, and more of the modern movies just suck?

13. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] When trying to figure out complex rules systems one should be slightly more awake than I am now

14. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

I like the taste of fresh blood too...

I guess i start updating tzshop...

*Sopisikohan tänne Apulannan Tervetuloa-biisi
    *Tervetuloa mun maailmaan...
    *Ja niin, sä astuit silmukkaan...
    *Tervetuloa, nyt juhlitaan...
    *Ja niin, sä putosit kuoppaan...

[ January 25, 2003, 13:56: Message edited by: Taza ]

15. Arabwel

Media:
    AH, Apulanta... they do have great songs.

I have slept away way too much efective computer time :( and I had way, way freaky dreams.... my eyelashes festered away. Yuck. It looked horrible... I was watching it from a mirror... I looked really, really UGLY.

Wildfire has graciously agreed to host my sword pics... yay. So I will be making the sword topic soon :)

(had weird dreams, but a fun day)

16. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Well i havent been online most of the week because i've been working backstage in school production - of Guys and Dolls. The week started out bad but got better towards the end. Heres the rundown.

Monday - went in and sat around all day watching the actors act. Scrounged round our school (we hadnt moved into the theatre next) for various props. Got two mink and made them talk. Day pretty good.

Tuesday - Moved into theatre. Got there from school in the back of a van, over a load of speed bumps. Got there the cast managed to use a whole jar of cofee, and about 30 or 40 little cartons of milk. We (the backstage crew) had the smallest room for props. They kept coming in and we had to sort out the props 3 times. After the third time the most annoying of them all came in and was trying to get something or other while claiming he was "a major part" (he didnt have a single line). Then he says "i have a name", to which i respond "really? and is it 'im-
    an-annoying-tw*t-who-will-leave-now' ? He then didnt leave but tried to mess up the props i then went to pick him up and throw him out of the room. He called me insane so i went to nut him but stopped just before i would have made contact. Then everyone just chucked him out. Reason for me being in violent mood was that i hadnt drunk or eaten anything in about 7 or 8 hours and the majority of the cast were getting on my nerves.

Wednesday - first performance night. We actually got our first technical rehersal (we waited 10 hours for it on tuesday but they jus let the actors rehearse - the actors had 3 months. we had under 2 weeks). Then we did the dress rehersal. The cast got in the way. The cast were hit with props. Dress rehersal a shambles. Had 1 hour break. Had a headache. Got round to the performance had a massive headache but somehow it went ok.

Thursday - Woke up still with a headache but now also with a backache and a neckache and generally ache. Went to theatre. sat around till lunchtime. Went on break for a couple of hours and met my girlfriend for lunch. Went back to theatre and rehearsed a bit more. Headache even worse on second night. Got home and took some painkillers.

Friday - woke up, no pain!! Had relaxing bath. Went into theatre (still no headache). Then had a 3 hour break - during which the annoying guy i nearly nutted ended up gaffer-taped to some poles outside the theatre - much to everyones amusement (well except his). Still no headache. Read an ad-newspaper and since not having a headache made me really happy every ad had humour in it (though i was the only one rolling n the floor laughing). Performance (3rd and final one) great. Got home at midnight and got lots of sleep.

Saturday - No theatre today (because we finished). Spent about 4 or 5 hours with my girlfriend. Very happy now.

^^^ My week (condensed) ^^^

17. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Goodbye, singletown!

Awww yeah, yall, it's time for the inevitable RETURN of the SMILIES!!

:love: :bigeyes: :love: :bigeyes: :love: :bigeyes:

I'm back on the track o' love, and I am no longer alone!

Yerril frees the caged women, and relaxes in the warm glow of not being single

[ January 25, 2003, 18:50: Message edited by: Sir Yerril of Morningmist ]

18. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Yerril,
    Here we go again. :p

"Why is it that a lot of the older movies are really good, and more of the modern movies just suck?"

Elios,
    Because studios want to make money $$$$$. If something is too risky and or deemed too wierd by the studios, they won't help fund and produce it. They want formulatic movies directed towards a specific audience. Blah. We need more risktakers in Hollywood.

19. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    [​IMG] I got me a portrait. Yay! :rolling:

20. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Still no DSL ... unfortunately. Again it seems as if my ISP has blocked my access for having a DSL-link too fast for a flatrate. And just as unfortunate I have only found competent support after 5 days ... and since it is a weekend now the jolly phonecalling their service on my cost will continue on monday ... and I will to again have to tell the next helpliner the prayer I have told his all predecessors the last 5 days :rolleyes: I need to get drunk ... immediately :rolleyes:

PS: I will choose another ISP asap, as soon as a competitor offers the same performance for the same price ... at my place :( :almostmad:

[ January 25, 2003, 20:41: Message edited by: Ragusa ]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.