1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #4

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Dec 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thorin Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

sorry c'jakob you are slightly wrong.

Hacker is a title just like Mr. programmers are given the title when they do something big ie. creating Linux. A person given the title of hacker could still be cracker, but not all crackers are hackers.

Crackers come in 3 main forms White hats and Black hats and scriptkiddies.
    White crackers are legal hackers that are hired by compaines to hack into the companies computers.
    Black crackers are people that do illegial things, ie break into a persons computer without permission.
    ScriptKiddies are people that use programs created by white and black hates to attack computers, these people are considered lower than dirt in the cracker community. (kevin matnick is considered one of these, by black
    hats)

But know with the misspread use of the term Hacker to mean Cracker, the meaning of hacker has changed. So yes Hackers was once a title given to programmers as a symbol of greatness. Now it means you a person that breaks into computers (legally or not).

For more information on this society I recommed:
    Cybershock: Surviving Hackers, Phreakers, Identity Thieves, Internet Terrorists and Weapons of Mass Disruption by Winn Schwartau

[ January 08, 2003, 00:01: Message edited by: Thorin ]

2. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Looks like what my friends told me was wrong as well. ;)

3. SC Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

It's nice to be back. *breathes in computer air*

4. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Welcome Back SC... having fun on the vacitation?

5. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Tarol'azh:Nope. I don't lend my staff. Going to see TTT in Thursday. YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY.

Haha.

6. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I'm baaaack!! *ominous voice*

Well, I had a fun christmas vacation. Didn't get lots of prezzies, but I did get the LotR:FotR DVD... Found out that my mom had started out a rumour that I have converted to the Islamic belief, and saw TTT yesterday.

Concerning LotR and slash: Aragorn and Boromir are the ultimate slashable goodness, but adding Legolas to the mix is just swet... after seeing TTT, I just can't get the vision of Aragorn and Legolas out of my head. :p

And Sam and Frodo? It's a love triangle with Gollum! :p Clear to anyone with eyes to see, ne?

Arwen must die.

I have decided to drop out of high school for good, get a job for the next few months, and come next august, start studying computers and trade in a vocational school. If I can't stay in a class because I spend all my time with computers, the logical step should be putting me in class with computers.

I wrote a nice little Harry Potter slash PWP during my vacation.

Today I got a look at my medical files, and the documents written about me when I was 14. They were rather... alarming to read. I could have been the bad guy of a horror movie, to be honest.

If I met my 14-year self, I would probably kick her arse from here to next month... no, make that next year.

And... the day of my freedom is near! It has been confirmed that January 13th, 2003, I shall move to Välietappi, which will be my new home. No more psych ward or group home... Yay me!

Ara
    (Happy as a freak can be)

7. Mortensen Banned

[​IMG] Vermillion if you are online now look in the NWn forum, second topic down

8. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    The skirt I'm wearing at work today is much too short by the dicta of either current fashion or professional decorum, but my husband likes it so I don't care! :cool:

9. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Argh! The boredom of it all!If only these friggen bugs would stop floating around my screen! I count at least 30 bodies lying all around the computer and still more come to die by my hand!

10. Tarol'azh a.k.a.Tobias Banned

Darn it. Maybe I should have my smithy make a mace that reduces the victim to 1 hit point. Hmmm.....

11. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Ugh, eventually we found the source of all the evil in my DSL line: My modem has a loose connection (replacement is coming till the end of the week) - and no one noticed until I moved it for the first time in half a year today :shake: and the *disconnected* light went on .... :rolleyes: Oh well .... :rolleyes: My actual modem is my second one, a replacement for my first one - which had a loose contact :D ... I'm waiting for what the future will bring :shake:

Thanks god for the occasional competent tech support :xx: I'm really looking forward to a stable connection :shake:

[ January 08, 2003, 17:32: Message edited by: Ragusa ]

12. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I don't like Legolas. Lucky you, BTW.

My life sucks.

A lot.

You don't wanna know why.

13. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I'm getting lazier by the day...

Can't be bothered to work...

Can't be bothered to sleep...

Can't even be bothered to sp..a...m...

14. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    @Ragusa: Get a stable full-time connection and you'll end up like I. All the time posting and posting... Soon one forum will not be enough... Another... And yet another... A bunch of them... :D Sleeping three to four our for months. Wisdom/Charisma based functionning. You're a pally as well, so you know :D

[ January 08, 2003, 22:06: Message edited by: chevalier des Trois-Tours ]

15. Shralp Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Don't be fooled by the rocks that I got.

I'm still Shralp from the block.

16. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    You opened a quarry or something? :D

17. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Come on people, say something really interesting so that I can get my 600th post...

waitasec..

YAY!! :spin:

18. Dragon's Jewel Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Shralp! Now I have that atrocious song in my head! ARRGH!

19. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

[​IMG] Shralp you are evil :lol:

20. SC Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Vacation = presents, badminton, bowling, and bridge. Oh well...

I got 65% on my history test. I am so happy I didn't fail, because I didn't even finish my test. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.