1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #40

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Jul 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Had Windows ME. Went back to 98 and now have XP now. I didn't hate Windows ME but did have some problems.

Hows the foot, Ara?

/me sends get well vibes to Ara.

2. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Thje foot is doing better. Can walk, can ride a bike, hurts a lot less.

/me accepts the vibes

3. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

Hey y'all! I'm back from Turkey! :wave:

Well, that was a cool holiday. Just me, four mates and a lot of suncream. (In Factor 50 we trust! - damn my pasty physics-geek skin with its null resistance to light!) A few beaches, some general sightseeing, Turkish baths, pool, swimming, bartering ... all good fun! It seems odd to be home, especially as my flatmates are all gone for the weekend & I'm all alone! :sosad:

Oh well, I'll have to find other things to keep me entertained, like computer games. :D

And I would like to add my voice to the chorus of dissent against Windows Me: the Devil-OS :evil: Never have I seen anything so capable of insidiously destroying a computer from within. I shudder to think of the hours I had to put in on my dad's old machine and my old laptop trying to keep them alive.

And get well soon Ara; whichever of your head, feet or other appendages is giving you gyp, may it quickly be made well!

* Magpie casts Cure Light Wounds: Arabwel *

4. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Visited "SeOikea.fi" site only a little while ago just to see if there were anything to cheer up my Friday evening, but from the start the site came up as something aimed for women. I totally hate that love-this-love-that attitude. :nolike:

In case you do not know, "Se Oikea" translates as "The Right One", when it comes to dating. Why there can't be sites like "Meat Desk" or "Buy Your Partner?" Should just bugger to get to the town...

5. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Work. Tired. Typing ability shutting downnn......

6. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    The Magpie returns, I leave for the States. ;)

I'm prepared for a huge culture shock. :p

Seeya in 3 weeks!

:wave:

7. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Guard your accent!. :p ;)

@The Magpie: Was Turkey really that good? I've just got a last minute kind of an offer through my godmother. Kind of a student trip, which suggests some company at the bottle.

8. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

Like ships that pass in the night, eh? ;) Well then, hello & cheerio Uytuun! :wave: Enjoy yourself & tell us all about it when you get back (or find an Internet cafe); I'm sure we won't have gone far! Just remember: it's zed; not zee, zed.

@ chev: and yes, Turkey was awesome. If you're going with Uni mates, all the better. It's not a relentless-clubbing kind of place (thank God!) and the people are really friendly, at least where we went in the south-west. If you can find good traditional-style Turkish baths, definitely give it a go (although the heat may be too much for some!). Of course, a lot depends on who you go with, and the bunch I went with were really good. No arguments, no pouting, no hesitation on helping out those who were short of Lira. And I managed to teach the Turkish guy who ran the bar at our apartment complex to say "cheerio" by the end of the holiday. A pity I didn't pick up more Turkish, but almost everyone has either English or German. I'd definitely give it a go, if you've the opportunity.

9. Arabwel

Media:
    Am trying to figure out what to have for dinner.

10. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I just read a major spoiler about the new Harry Potter. Absolutely gutted, I was looking forwward to reading it when it comes out tomorrow. It;ll ruin it for me now.

Here's to hoping it's a hoax...

11. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I considered it a downgrade because quite a lot on the laptop isn't compatable with Windows 95 :rolleyes: and I never had any problems with it either. The lady that looked at it thinks that it probably had a faulty HDD and Battery from when we bought it.

12. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    So much to say, too little time, besides...I'm too lazy to say much at all... :rolling:

13. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Yeehaw! 363 days ago I had my first drum lesson, and now I finally got around to buying a drum set today. 'Bout time, eh?

14. Arabwel

Media:
    Anyone spoiling me for HBP is going to *censored for extreme violence, guts & gore* or worse Period.

*twiddles thumbs waitinf go for the chance to get it*

15. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Sin City kicks arse!

Heh - all the Harry Potter people in costume were running into the bookstores today - a scary sight :grin:

16. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

jessica alba kicks arse :p

17. Atari Man Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Failed math test today and realized how dumb I really am. :nolike:

18. Arabwel

Media:
    Ther e are far too many movies I shpould see.. far too many pretty people to drool after....

I'd picspam if I could.

19. Yirimyah Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Sin City does kick arse, doesn't it?

20. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

How many hard boiled eggs can one consume before feeling sick? My guess, about one less then I just ate. :sick:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.