1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #40

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Jul 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

With all this Chevish conversation going on here I'm feeling inspired to start a chev-bait thread in the AoDA (as in, one involving relationships and the Church).
    But urgh, I don't think I could be bothered going through all that crap just to make a point that no one *really* cares about anyway :)

2. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

OMG I only got 12 correct on that test chev...

/me walks to the bridge and jumps off

nooOOOOooooooo.... *THUD*

Got into work today feelin ill, but the thing is everyone else is, everyone got wated last night by the sounds of thing and were all off out tonight for a work do, dont think Im gonna make it as the legs are starting to give way as quicklyas my insides... urghhhh...

3. Arifirh Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Why is a raven like a writing-desk? :book:

4. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

15/15 :holy: Go me!

Mind you, I expected to get at least one wrong. Normally however simple the maths test, there's some kind of law that states that I must make at least one stupid mistake. Usually forgetting to carry a one somewhere.

@ RQ? / Arifirh / whatever (I can't abide these changes of identity!): just put them side by side. I think it should then prove obvious... :shake: :p

5. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I hate still being jet lagged. My body seems to think it should be on site right now, so I woke up at some ungodly time, and now can't get back to sleep. :bang:

As glad as I am to be home, I wish I were back in Crete. It's so beautiful there.

6. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

At least you get Brian Adams :)

7. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

<executing file grlwhine.exe>

:sosad:

I broke a nail!

:cry:

It was two inches long!

:wail: :wail: :wail: :wail:

8. Arifirh Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

First and last one, I promise ;)

*Goes off to find a placid raven and Victorian writing-desk*

9. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Why is a raven like a writing-desk?

It isn't

10. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Hmm

*sigh*

I'm not in the states, the doc advised me not to go if I didn't want to compromise my Bachelor 2 year, so I with pain in my heart I decided to stay home and go to bed at 11 p.m. each day, have long walks at the beach and do some therapeutic gardening.

Had to stay away from the net for a week as well.

Also, a friend of mine just got told by a guy that seemed to be interested in her that his friends thought she was not good enough for him (I don't really know the guy, only saw him a couple of times). Because, here it comes, the clothes she wears aren't expensive enough and she doesn't throw around enough money, yes, I was wrapped in stunned silence for a couple of moments too. This is the kind of crap you see happening between 15 year olds in bad teen movies. Somehow women that have a strong personality and brains and dress in a fashionable and original mixture of all sorts of clothes, cheap and expensive instead of just wearing classic all tommy hilfiger or ralph lauren outfits are weird. sure, I have a few pieces of the above mentioned designers, but just because I like them, and if I want to wear them with torn jeans, I won't be stopped by anyone, If I want to wear them with a glimmering sequined skirt and high heels, I won't be stopped by anyone. Bah. I guess It's because we don't let people walk all over ourselves and we don't giggle and smile when a guy speaks to us. I guess that's "intimidating".

The thing is my friend can't take things like that, this is yet another dent in her heavily battered armor. She didn't pass her exams, broke up with her boyfriend of 2 years, a lot of friends are abandoning her etc.. Puh.

I am outraged and in a mood to butcher all snobbishly dressed guys under 20.

end rant

Anyway, good to be back. :)

11. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Does Herf frequent the boards anymore?

12. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    @Uytuun: That guy is a funny upstart excuse of a snob. Just about everyone (apart from such morons) knows that part of the charm is hiding the label instead of waving it around. In fact, there is some tommy hillfigger in my wardrobe but the huge label (which is, apparently, the main feature of hillfigger clothes) pisses me off so much I never wear it anymore. Besides, it's casual wear, intended to be casual and not exceptional, so what the hell the fuss is about is beyond me.

Yeah, most young adult males can't comprehend anything more complex than a sassy opening "conversation" from a soap opera. Anything more challenging than instant giggle at their very entrance and they move on to the next target. Better for you. ;) :thumb:

Hugs for your friend and hope she's going to recover soon. I'm sure she'll do fine. There's always the "Semptember Campaign", as we call it here (allusion to Semptember '39, hehe). My most sincere congrats for getting rid of the moron, as well. That's a reason to throw a party, not to cry.

One more thing. A girl with class is known by the fact she doesn't need much to make herself look great. I've seen girls completely outfit for a formal ball for 50 euro total and defeat big spenders. Shopping for and matching stuff is the art, not spending. :p

That would be too easy on him. And too much bother. Just let him end up with the sassy type he so adores. :D

@Sniper: No, he doesn't anymore. Chatroom neither.

13. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Moring all. Just spent my entire paycheck before I even got the pay stub. ICBC sucks. :grr:

14. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

I prefer Chevy conversations over Chevish conversations. :lol:

15. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Whatever you mean by that. :p :lol:

16. Felinoid

:doh: I suppose not everyone is familiar with Chevrolet. It's a type of car, and it's sometimes called a Chevy for short.

So (without the bad pun) I prefer talking about cars more than I do talking about religions. :hmm: Wait a second, that's not right. I prefer talking about religion more than talking about cars. Dang it, I got it backwards! :bang:

And the smell is starting to give me a headache. :mad: :sick:

17. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Well, I guess you will do your dishes more often next time, won't you? :D

18. Felinoid

I normally would have; I'm just not used to having to take care of someone else hand and foot while I've still got my own stuff to deal with. :shake: Now I'm trying to survive on various snacks (anything that doesn't require a plate or bowl). I've been wanting to lose a few pounds anyway. :D

19. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Right! I changed my mind, Im goin out tonight, mates gave me one too many :beer; 's down the pub and its off in to town to hit the clubs! HEEAAAVY!

20. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Pfft...bills suck. This time around, my bills added up to more than what my pay check was. :bang:

Good thing I have a small "safety net" for times like these. :rolling:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.