1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #40

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Jul 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I can offer only a few words of consolidation: those who worry needlessly live short, so your misery won't last as long as it would if you were a happy person. :)

Loosen up a few bolts, mmkay?

2. SatansBedFellow Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG]
    Good.

Yes, I'm a hair's breadth from becoming the sort of person who stands shirtless at the side of the road, shouting into traffic about the forthcoming end of the world. :)

3. Atari Man Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Whoa dude! You really need to chill. You could get hit by a bus on the way to school...if that happend then all the other things you worried about would be meaningless.

Uh...somehow I dont think that will make you feel any better? :doh:

4. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Everybody!!!!! I'm so excited I think I'm gonna explode!!!!!

I was planning on attending the Conestoga 9 Fantasy Fiction Convention in Tulsa this weekend -- where George R.R. Martin (my favorite author!) is the guest of honor and will be speaking and doing book signings. Well, I sent an e-mail stating that I wanted to take some pictures for SP etc. and they sent back an invite to attend a small dinner they've having for him tomorrow night!!!! :D :rolling: :roll:

I was only hoping to see him from afar -- but now I'll be meeting him close up and personal. They also said he'd do a private signing there too.

I'm so thrilled to get to meet this guy!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

London heatwaves are terrible. Sitting in the pub all day is a great way to stay cool.

6. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

@spelly

seriously??? :eek:

lucky... maybe I shoulda done the same thing with Neil Gaiman, might've gotten me somewhere too :bang:

7. Spellbound

Enagonios -- Yea, seriously!!!!

I'm freaking here -- trying to figure out hair, clothes, what to talk about....studying his bio. I only hope I don't freeze up and act like a moron!! ....or eat like a slob!! (maybe I'll just pick at my food with little bites). I get very self-conscious at these kinds of things.)
    But I'm too excited to care too much!!!

8. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

That's pretty cool, Spellbound. Tell him you know plenty of people who have been waiting for ages for the rest of his books.

9. Charlie Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Hey, Spelly!

Good for you. Send the pics to SP right after.

10. Spellbound

Yea -- I wonder how many people, when they meet him, blurt out "Where's Feast??" :lol:

11. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Thanks Morgoroth. In a place for opinions, I sure have enough of them...

12. Yirimyah Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

@Kitrax:
    .....Somehow, I think that would be like diving into a pool when it's raining to stay dry.

Personally? Mac OSX (Tiger) here: Knoppix on the x86 for 2 more months- when I will get a 64-bit processor and will finally be able to use my Longhorn beta! yay!

13. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    There was a shooting spree six blocks away at about 9pm tonight. I wasn't home, and almost couldn't get home due to police blocks.
    So far, I've heard two dead and three wounded, found at multiple sites within the mobile home park.
    The shooter is in custody now, he turned himself over after an hour long manhunt.

This is NOT normal here, and people all around here pretty stunned.

You know, hurricanes don't seem so bad... can I go back to worrying about hurricanes?

14. Yirimyah Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

OMG. Damn, life sucks for some people.

15. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

@ Stephania

Yeah, shootings suck. And hurricanes blow. *cue rimshot*

I might be moving again, found a great little place in town, but not 'ín' town, so I hope I can make it work out. Just need to find a third roomie.

16. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I switched back to 98 from ME after a week or so.

17. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I have been stuck with ME since 2001.

I think I deserve a medal for my uber-patience.

18. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    What's so bad about Windows ME, everybody seem to hate it. I got upgraded from win98 to winXP two years ago, everything's fine with me.

19. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    You need to see it to know.

20. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Indeed.

On a completely unrelated note, my head hurts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.