1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #43

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Aug 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Well, home from work - another week in the gulag over, and I didn't even kill anyone (including myself). We've got "All Hands On Deck" - managers/QA staff- EVERYBODY is taking calls (back to school rush for next few weeks) so no assistance when you've got a fubar situation, good luck getting a vacation request approved, etc. BLEAH. :sosad:

With the positive rush of getting outta there wearing off, I'm feeling pretty ennui-ish - numb. It's STILL raining - three days straight the radio station noted - and...um...well, SIGH. (hmmmm, I guess the smilie that most describes how I'm feeling is :borg: )

Well, here's the daily Carlinism[tm]:

So far, this is the oldest I've been.

Enjoy! :heh:

2. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Aside from getting the final piece of my student loan application in, I am getting absolutely bored with the summer.

I actually want to go back to school. Either that or go to Crete again.

3. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

I vote for Crete. You don't get graded for getting a tan. :D

4. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

:grr: I. Am. Not. Happy. :flaming: No DnD tonight! I sharpened those pencils for nothing!

<sigh> At least I have stuffed crust pizza from the Hut. I wish I could stomach :beer:

5. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Sharpening pencils sucks. Especially when it gives you blisters.

6. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

why is it that when you have to wake up early you can't but when you are really tired and have nothing to do you wake up and can't fall asleep again??? it's 9am on a sunday :mad:

7. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Nobody should still be in bed at 9am on a Sunday anyway!

8. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Jag - True enough. Now, if only I could find the money to go back there :p .

Today was useless :bang: .

9. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Now HB, back when I used to :beer: , I had trouble getting up the next morning if it was a good night before...

10. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Why? Not even football is on until noon. HB, you're :nuts: !

I think I've gotten back on track. I wrote up some stuff and am going to try to talk hubby into DMing my thief this weekend.

edit: one ziose? where's the other 249?!?

11. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I wish my husband liked RPG's as much as he likes military games. Good thing that we both have computers.

12. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

:eek: why not? :/ we're a sunday slowdown kinda family. unless we have some kind of event that we have to go to, we usually end up having lunch at around 3 or 4. besides, it's sunday, there's nothing to do anyway.

13. Arabwel

Media:
    10 am is perfectly reasonable ti me to stop with the :beer: and get some :sleep:

Right?

14. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Are you referring to The Offspring's CD 'Ixnae on the Hombre' (SP)? I like the intermission track on that CD, it makes me laugh. :rolling:

15. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

I was thinking of that as well - though what sparked that comment was the Intermission track on Tool's Aenema.

Appreciation of Tool is dying off a bit after listening to that album straight through - their songs are better taken out of context, methinks :p

16. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    /me is watching abp Dziwisz's ingress in Cracow

It's quite a historic moment. They had to take it outside and the whole main city square in the former capital of Poland is occupied. A lot of guests and representatives from all over Europe and perhaps from other parts of the world. No wonder, he was John Paul II's secretary and confidante already long before papacy. He's probably going to get his cardinal hat soon, I guess. Instead of the 18 century pastoral and 16th century chasuble, he chose the ones John Paul II used as a bishop (pastoral) and during his first visit to Poland in 1979 (chasuble). John Paul II was the archbishop there before getting elected Pope.

17. Arabwel

Media:
    Should I be alarmed that I understood Chev's post?

18. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

G'moring, SP!

I love my wife - her and the improved weather (finally stopped raining after 72h constant- wahoo! :grin: ) have pulled me out of my week-long funk and cheered me up immensely!

Time for the daily Carlinism[tm] - something to make you wonder about the silly foundations of english-language idioms:

Sometimes they say 'the winds are calm.' Well, if they're calm, they're not really winds anymore, are they?

oh, and since a) it's the weekend, and 2) I'm in such a good mood; I'll give you another - bringing up Carlin's ingrained pessimism & cynicism:

If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.

19. kuemper Gems: 31/31

I like tools. ;)

20. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    No wife here but I'll use the opportunity to broadcast some praise for a great friend who has a knack for cheering me up, analysing my sick mind and being as good company as you can imagine. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.