1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #44

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Sep 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

@lai - a) we're supposed to be out partying/clubbing/etc. and b) we're not old shut-ins (and before you quibble, I did say 'old' :D )

and here's a cynical Carlinism[tm] for ya:

2. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    :banana: I have anew car, well, almost new. 2003 Dodge Neon, 45,000 miles. Actually it is half mine and half the finance company's.

3. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Yay! :D congrats, Nakia :D

*shuddders*

Cold here.

4. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    @kuemper: An old joke. There was a real ultimate ninja power site ages ago, run by some kid with problems and many people picked up the idea.

@Lai: TV generally tends to be dull. I don't watch any.

@Nakia: Congrats.

@Kitrax: Sorry to hear about the injury.

5. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Tonight's dinner was duck salad, dressing, eggplany dip with crackers, and gormet cheese. Yummy.
    I love having men in my life that cook.

6. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I have a man in my life that can cook but somehow I still end up doing 96% of the cooking. Good thing I can cook too.

7. Ruin Ehwazehs Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

There's nothing worse than eating leftover dinner only with dad.

Mom's gone to grandma's house because of her health problem. Grandma just got the surgeory on her brain. Don't know exactly, but something with bleeding in the brain.

Brother's gone to University up in Wisconsin. guess having fun up there.

Me...stuck in the room, doing homeworks.

Somebody help me not to cry.

8. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

term break ends today, back to school with a crappy scedule tomorrow :sosad:

9. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Silly roommates driving me nuts, as usual.

Hopefully I'll be able to get some :sleep: even with all their giggling.

10. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    *Dragonfly hands Laiwethel a brand new bag of squishy blue earplugs* There you go, that should do the trick. Nighty night.

11. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Chaperoned a youth dance tonight. Man do I ever feel old. Trying to stop them from the same stuff I wanted to do at their age...

12. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Anyone ever tried to get a 3 year old to tidy his room? Impossible.

13. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    @Gnarff: Round here, when I was in elementary school (age 7-15 back in my time), all kids were into slow dancing (with as much groping as possible) and public making out was quite popular. In fact, some errm... questionable games would be organised by the hosts and teachers wouldn't mind. There was "spin the bottle" on one such party when I was what... 11? 12? I ran from there, not sure what made it. Either seeing my crush play it or being expect to take part in it myself.

It went on through highschool (age 15-19 back then) and maybe even early uni, but people were gradually starting to stick to one person or hang around with close friends and there was not so much action with strangers, although couples did not so rarely look as if they were having sex with clothes on.

There didn't really seem to be another way, until some point, even if something did feel wrong about all it. I didn't play "spin the bottle" kind of make out games, not to mention the foreplay stuff at highschool parties, but I did my share of improper things. At some point I just put my foot down. Or maybe more like just waved my hand at it. Don't know. I just cut the whole thing. Looking back in time, when I think I would slow-dance with a complete stranger, it looks tacky to me. Friends... no deal. They are people you do normally hug, anyway, right? But strangers... Come on.

Perhaps going to university finished the process for me. I saw female students picked randomly from the audience dance around the pipe or participate in a contest that relied on kissing some SCA-style guys (complete strangers) brought by the club owners, to get their cheers from the audience and their moment of fame (mouth was high-rated, midsection also). The university authorities were just watching and having fun.

Not for me, that stuff. I'm not a puritan, as those who know me know, but strangers aren't my PDA targets. I didn't need a chaperone behind my back, nor did I even have any. However, maybe... If I think of some other youngsters, if someone had been around, it could have been for more good. One risk with that, though, is that young people could misunderstand it when you're pointing something out. They could get the impression that, according to you, what they are doing is wrong and that would be bad, instead of understanding it isn't wrong, it's actually good, but this is not the proper time or circumstance for that. Or they could think there's a problem with what they feel rather than just how they express it or if they really feel it (how can you with a stranger at a party?). Not like they will listen easily.

14. Arabwel

Media:
    *hugs RW*

mornings are evil.... I want my :coffee: and damn, I need to get my glasses checked...

15. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Eeek - I think I'm getting a political opinion/ideology and such ... on the other hand, I don't feel like defending it, so I'll still stay the hell away from the AoLS :)

16. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

@Stef - quack! ;)
    *BURP* eww - time for another acid reducer...there!
    Anyway, I keep thinking of Daffy Duck & Bugs Bunny facing off in front of hunter Elmer Fudd, and each trying to tempt him into 'disposing' of the other via drool-inducing recipies:

B - Duck a l'orange with challots and parsnips. Yum-yum.

D - Friccasse of rabbit on a bed of rice with roast potatoes. Mmmm-MM!

:lol:

@Nakia - yay! :banana:

/me puts warm fuzzy blanket over Ara's shoulders

Sigh - grey and drizzly today, wifey's still snoozing, and i'M BUNDLED UNDER A WARM 'cOMFORTWEAR' AND A NICE FLEECEY BLANKET (erm, and apparently I'm accidentally hitting CAPS LOCK without noticing; maybe I'll go back to bed ;) )

17. Arabwel

Media:
    Cleaning is evil....

thanks for the blanket, AE :)

18. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Thanks, Dragonfly! The earplugs definately helped.

Today's my last day of freedom before classes, and what am I doing? Cleaning my room. :bang:

19. Arabwel

Media:
    I am dreading tomorrow, too. *shuddders* what the hell was I htinking? :eek:

20. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

i wish classes were suspended tomorrow..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.