1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #44

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Sep 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

This was a slow day.

I'm particularly annoyed that I read fast. My three books were gobbled up in seven hours and I'm back to my personal library. :grump:

Is anyone else going to change their avatar? It seems there was run on it a couple weeks back with stragglers like me. Now Rally has a new one. When these things happen, it blows me away.

My only solace is stale cheese curls that have been sitting out all day.

@Kitrax - If your cat's female, you might want a small, stuffed cat/kitten. I had a couple females (sister cats) who were spayed, then after 2 years, decided to pack around this stuffed toy kitten I bought. I'd catch one or the other toting this thing around in her mouth like a baby. They quit doing it after a few months.

@Fel - Sign me up for that orgy you want to do in '10 things to do before I die' thread.

EDIT: Check out the System Shock 2 thread in Playground! Tassadar has the horn coral gem! Very pretty. And keep an eye on Magpie, okay? :)

2. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    As a rather random announcement, the word count of the Pirates thread is (unless I screwed up that is) 62 041.

We have officially RPd a novel :D

:banana:

THis calls for :beer: !

3. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I'm a bit disturbed at the number of people that are signing up for Felinoid's orgy. Maybe there were too many people who came out as being too pure in that purity test and are feeling the need to let all that repression go.

Either way, I think I'll give it a miss, thanks all the same.

Hey, cool new portrait, Rally.

4. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I guess you'll have to count me out too. Hope all the orgy goers have fun though.

5. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

:beer: We have been having way too much madness happen in Pirates. But it's so much fun.

Okay, now it's time for :sleep: . First day of classes tomorrow. What fun.

6. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    What is this madness you speak of? :angel:

I think I wll go to bed soon...

7. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    @ kuemper: that why we started these pickup games. We have two players that do shiftwork, and one that has insanely early hours, so we can't always play our regular campaign. I'm DMing the next one, this'll be my first DM experience. Wish me luck, my players are nutso!!
    Dunno exactly when it will be, since these are only played when the regular games aren't possible.

8. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

*GROAN*
    4 more hours skimming RBPs. Everything was going fine with my new idea of the "Ara Counter", where I set up my calculator to do +1 every time I hit a button, and I was just flying through them. Then chevalier rears his exceptionally prolific keyboard and I end up with three rows of tallies just for him! :xx:

coll. in morn., need :sleep: , 'night y'all

9. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Yeah...counting spam would be a pain.

Just ate an entire pack of gummi worms, and now I'm supposed to go to bed. :eek: We'll see how things work out.

But for now, I guess I'll try to :sleep: :rolling:

10. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

[​IMG]
    And why do I need keeping an eye on, exactly? :shame: :p

11. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

Top o' the mornin' to ye all!

12. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

can you believe this.. 1st day of class, my 1st class is at 9am and after i'm done with that, i wait a whole 4 hours for my next (and last) class and the prof doesn't even show up :mad:

13. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Awww... bad for you. When such things happen, I tend to wait, too, but sometimes I just let it count against permissible absence limit.

14. kuemper Gems: 31/31

The DnD thing: it's hard to have pickup games when I'm the only person who can play. I don't have a mental instability to play by myself. :) Sunday was supposed to be an off game. I tried to convince ppl 3 could play, but it was no go. :(

@Enagonios - At my college, there was an official '15 minute rule' concerning absentee profs. If they weren't in the classroom 15 minutes after the class' offical start, it was fine for the students to leave.

Oh, there was 45cm of snow in southern Alberta last night.

15. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31

I saw that this morning. It's way too early for 45cm of snow. :eek:

First class at 11:00 am, for an hour, then I'm done for the day. What fun!

*curls up with a cup of :coffee: * Today is going to be interesting.

16. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    yee-HAH, proof positive that the project we've been bustng our butts over for the past several weeks works in the field! :roll:

17. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I want Fall to come, I *hate* heat and summer clothes, urgh Fall and Spring all the way!

MMm Class start at 11:40 Gonna see ''her'' at 11:00, let leave 50 err 40 minutes to talk with her.

:D :)

Edit: No wait a minute this can't be true, In Fileplanet, there was no waiting time in public server for Age of empire III demo?!

[ September 12, 2005, 14:55: Message edited by: Ofelix ]

18. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

@kuemper-
    The NERVE! :grr: I mean - what a snub; after all he has one every year! YEESH! :rolleyes:

/me consoles the six-armed and hopes she isn't undergoing too much PnP withdrawal...
    and later:
    I do! :D Or rather I did; I 'dry run'ed a party through the bulk of a campaign I was getting ready for my turn at DM'ing years back...we only got about 5 sessions in before things started to break up. :aww:

I can actually 'compartmentalize' a created 'personna' and think through a series of events from their perspective, limited by what knowledge they would know. It's kinda fun, and it helps when I write a story from multiple characters' PoV's :D

And we had the '15min' rule at MUN as well; rarely invoked, thankfully.

/me sighs depressedly^1 at the 'weather news'.

Where'd I put those shovels? *frown* I guess summer's over... :aww:

@magpie -
    Cuz birds of your feather are renowned for coveting/pilfering shiny gewgaws and we're talking about going to look at someone's rare horn coral gem/avatar. *shrug* (BTW is IS very nice; forgot what that one was - been far too long since I've played an IE game...)

@Ofelix - :eek: Whoa; even wee hours of sunday morning had a five min wait for me...unless it's 'back to school' for all those college students in NorAm - they're all in class, so no one's in the queue?

footnote: 1. is that even a word?!? Well, I guess it is now

19. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31

Class in an hour and a half. Here's hoping it's an interesting one.

Silly classes. :rolling:

*me sneaks into the coffee storehouse and steals all the :coffee: *

What? I need the caffeine.

20. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Magpie, I have to keep an eye on somebody and you are it. Last week, it was chevalier. Well, only a few hours...I fell asleep. :shame:

/me tapes sign to coffee house door

Help! We are being held hostage by Starbuck's (Tim Horton's for Canadians) employees! Don't let them brew us!! Signed, the coffee beans

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.