1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #44

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Sep 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
  2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    It's been a while, and looking at these threads lately, I feel it's time again to say it: These threads are not a substitute for the chat room or PMs, nor should they be used for posts that really have no relevance/interest to anyone else.

If you feel you are having a conversation here, then consider using a different (better) vehicle for the conversation.

The sheer volume of utterly useless posts in these threads is really astonishing, especially the typical "I am first, yay!" posts that have been starting these threads lately.

Please, consider posting in here only if you think it would be interesting to others rather than for self-gratification.

3. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Hallelujah, Blackthorne TA! I've been waiting for someone to say that.

4. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

BTA - moderator extraordinaire :thumb:

Editted for irrelivency. :spin: :spin: :spin:

5. Arabwel

Media:
    "Irrelivency" - Irreverent Irritating Irrelevance, right? :D

6. kuemper Gems: 31/31

I don't think anybody wanted to read what I had to post, so I deleted it. <sigh> Nah, I won't get into it.

7. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

This babble draws to a close. *rubs hands* Time for some madness.

As it is getting cold and wet outside, a big black spider has decided to become a part of my household. Today I chose to have a closer look at the odd creature, and concluded it looked pretty starved. So I caught a hapless bug and threw it right into her net. Much killing ensued! :toofar:

Clearly this will make me a favourite of Dark Mother Lolth. :angel:

8. Arabwel

Media:
    Awww, taht is so cute! *hgugs Dendri*

Spiders are muchly awesome. Too bad they can't grow into really huge ones since they dopn't have lungs. :(

9. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

@HB

:rolleyes:

:p

They just re-released a few of the old-skool Nike Prestos over here! Not exactly the colors I wanted but the laced prestos are definitely better than all the other crap that came after it.

10. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Indeed, spiders are lots of fun. Wish I could somehow make them grow and let them sort out the neighbourhood...

Cant have it all though. :)

11. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Yes spider are fun. Too bad they can't be pet. I would really like to play ''fetch the stick'' with a giant spider. Fun garanteed!

12. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    You're all :nuts:

Spiders are the most disgusting creatures to ever set its feet upon planet earth :aaa: hate 'em.

13. Arabwel

Media:
    /me gives Oli's address to the nice Lolthites next door.

Diss not the eight-legged ones! :p

14. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Oh a stoneman or a man made of stone is afraid of spider eh? :grin: just kidding friend.
    Okay some british people could explain me the link betwen ''friend'' ''mate'' and ''old chap'' I'm pretty confused about those word, but I find ''old chap'' to be very funny when I speak it :lol:

And I want a spider pet.

15. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

Dude, spiders rock! :cool: What makes them rock even harder is the way some folks can't stand 'em, and act like they're radioactive! :shake: Once you conquer you fear, you can join the rest of us in picking up the offending arachnid and scaring the normals... :evil: :grin:

I always get the Giant Spider animal companion for my rangers in NWN, in spite of my power-gaming instincts. Not that the poison's useless, it's the utter absence of HPs they give the 8-legged ones that's the problem... :rolleyes:

@Ofelix: they all mean the same thing, essentially. They're just different slang words used by different sorts of people. "Old chap" is stereotypically posh, "mate" is more informal and "friend" is the proper word! ;)

16. kuemper Gems: 31/31

I ate up a pan of brownies and I feel more humorous.

Come into my parlor, said the spider to the fly. Will you be having those delightful lemon biscuits? asked the fly of the spider. The spider :rolleyes: . Yes of course, said the spider to the fly. Well, alright then, replied the fly to the spider.

17. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Spiders are good! They eat bad insects. My beloved mother didn't believe in killing them. Makes housecleaning a wee bit hard.

Some people keep tarantulas as pets.

18. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    It got worse. Mom got fired today when she took in her doctor's note... stress level in this house has quadrupled, at least.

19. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Spiders don't like me. See...i'm a windowwasher, i'm the guy that has to ravage their webs in order to clean the windows.

It's not my fault they always settle down right in front of people's windows. :D

20. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Are spiders peeping Toms? :hmm:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.