1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #44

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Sep 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

2. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Yeah, english just seems to have no underlying system like say german. :(

(LOL - I've got adware on my PC - the ads just above my reply window are BOTH for 'Uni of Liverpool' "Study a Masters degree online"^1 it's rather apt with me talking about *english* - usaully I see online degrees being offered by U of Arizona... )

@Ofelix - that sounds promising; mutual shyness is something you have in common - could help each other...

/me casts Magic Circle against Olimkrig on B'oM to allow Olim to get the w/t, hints, etc from SP, but not get sucked into our little quagmire here. :D

/me also smoothes down Fel's fur that that 'evil' marilith got all staticky from the balloon. :almostmad:

and yet another quote from George Carlin:

You know what would have been a smart thing to do in these developing countries that need electricity? To have tried large-scale experiments with alternative energy sources: solar, wind, geothermal, etc. We could have tested and tried to perfect these technologies on a large scale in places that need it. That would have been smare. That's why we didn't do it.

and on a lighter note:

Why is it the only time you ever hear the word figment it's in relation to the imagination? Aren't there any other kinds of figments?

footnote: 1 - even though there's a possessive in that quote; hope they aren't offering a Master's in English... :rolleyes:

3. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

found my copy of fathest reach! :)

4. kuemper Gems: 31/31

DnD is a go tomorrow. Time for me to kick unlawful and non-righteous buttock! kick unlawful and non-righteous buttock! Whoops. :heh: Had flurry of blows active.

/me scarfs apple pie

TYVM Ara.

5. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    That damn compy won't let me play Bg2 online with TCP/IP and I can't even play with gamespy... WTF?!!!

6. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

I just spent 3 hours scrolling through old RBPs and I am NOT doing that again. ... At least, until I forget how exhausting it is. :shake:

@AE:
    Hey hey hey! While I appreciate the assist, I'm going to have to impose a rule:
    Waist and above, buddy. :hahaerr:

7. kuemper Gems: 31/31

I got a wonderful 289,000 score on Bejewelled 2 and the frickin' MSN system is down!!! :flaming:

8. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

@kuemper: Ain't that always the way?

I generally don't bother with much beyond PBEM and message boards because I only haver access to a dial-up connection...

9. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Wow, my feet and legs hurt after a long, hard day at work.

I wish I had some sort of robo-legs that had no feeling. :rolling:

10. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    I still haven't got a job, there's a hurricane spinning off the coast, and my mother is having cataract surgery on Monday.
    Not much else going on in my life.

Oh wait, there's the insomnia too...

11. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    You gotta love those popup ads! If it weren't for those I wouldn't get the chance of winning a membership of the Disney Princess bookclub! that I've just got.
    And talking about well made ad! It even had a little blond girl in a ballerina skirt wearing a plastic diadem :shake:

12. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Hmmm... i thoinbk I got up at something resembling a normal, decent hourt... yay. Go me.

Now, where's that damn :coffee: ...

13. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    @Felinoid, AE: Perhaps because English is so largely artificial. And the historic circumstances.

14. kuemper Gems: 31/31

I so dislike having to think first thing in the morning. This is why I don't frequent the Alleys. I may attempt to install BGtutu today. Cross your fingers and wish me luck!

EDIT: Just read a couple threads concerning the tutu install process and :shake: , not gonna do it. It's too easy for me to make my games and compy FUBAR.

15. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

/me hands Ara a pot of :coffee:

I am really starting to get very frustrated with my housemates.

Urge to do severe bodily harm rising....

If I only had a cast-iron frying pan here :evil: .

16. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

@Fel and his 'rule' - well, DUH! :)

@Ofelix - you got a firewall set up? or working through a router?

@kuemper - :aww: dang - I've hit that 'Technical Difficulties' page several times with MSN's Zone - I think it's a case of their account server being down. :(

@kitrax - this job's in a 'workshop'? You're spending all day standing/walking around, right? Was your previous job sitting/sedintary? You may just have out-of-condition legs. Probably some stretching on a daily basis and a nice long stroll or two with the g/f should help.

@chev - english is a very parasitic language; it borrows words and idioms from EVERYWHERE. Another reason for its chaoticness...

17. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Cheese, crackers and soda make a balanced breakfast, right? :yum:

:coffee: is life support, not a food item.

18. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

I think I'm losing my mind. :nuts: There's a yellow oval leaf outside my window spinning in the wind, and it looks just like a floating flame. Thanks to the wind, it's got almost intelligent movements, and it kind of seems like it's watching me too. I can only assume it's held up by a spiderweb thread, but I can't stop looking at it, and it's really starting to freak me out. :help:

@Ara:
    Thoinbk!! :lol: That's classic; keep 'em comin'.

@kuemper:
    Good for you! Noone should be cursed with Tutu.

@Lai:
    Here's a trick for quieting down your roommates:
    When you start to get annoyed, adopt an accent. If they keep annoying you, just go off on them. :evil: After that the accent will sound like a rattlesnake to them. :hahaerr:

@AE:
    Nobody touches da tail, kapeesh? :heh:

19. kuemper Gems: 31/31

I figured out the MSN prob - something with the server. This silly dialog box pops up and I broke down and inputed my info in it. Surprise! I got logged in and nailed a high score of 442,400 on Bejewelled 2! I rock majorly!

@Fel - Know what you mean. There's this fat spider hanging outside my window. His/Her web strand goes between two shrubs and he/she keeps hanging there. I finally went outside yesterday to investigate. He/She was nibbling on lunch. It's better than what's on the telly and has no commercials! :lol:

20. Eldular Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

@Fel: It's a sign! You are to:

1. Sacrifice 3 Orcs, 5 Goblins, a dozen Kobolds, 1 lonely adventurer, and mix in a giant mixer, then bake for two hours and top with the blood of a Fire Giant. You then are to eat a 5% portion every other day of every other week of every other month until 95% is consumed, then feed the rest to your fellow life partner (if none available then insert a very pricey prostitute). Later pray for 3 hours straight to every god you know exists in Toril.

2. Repeat #1 for every member in your family/place of work (replace life partner/hooker with family member/fellow worker each time).

@kuemper: You got issues, take some pills and go to sleep you loony. :nuts:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.