1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #44

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Sep 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Ohhh I asked out that girl and she accepted. Can't wait untill tomorow.

It may be outdated but; yes I have a rooter and Windows Fire wall. Does it really matter?

2. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    @Sydax: Catalan seemed to me easier to figure out than Spanish. On the other hand, I've never tried to say anything in Catalan. Come to think about it, when that old friend of mine was singing a song in Catalan for me, I could barely figure out just tiny scraps. But her accent was soft because she was used to Southern American Spanish, so maybe that. I don't know. It's just that written Catalan seems easier to understand than written Spanish if you know neither. Spoken is probably harder.

@Ofelix: Congrats. Is it the interested but already taken girl? If so, don't promise yourself much. If she starts getting too physical with you before breaking up with the current guy, I wouldn't want a relationship with her if I were in your shoes.

3. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    ... why am I getting scared of next week's classes already? :eek:

4. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    @Ara: I don't think it's a good sign, seriously. Well I'm no expert, but...

I Can't I just can't wait untill tomorow, I just want to see her... D'you believe in Love at first sight? I think I do... :love:

@Chevalier: It's not the same girl, I just missunderstood what she was saying, she had no interest in me (as I have none for her beyond friendship). The one I'm talking about I met her in college.

5. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

[Jolee Bindo mode]Pah! You're too young to be in love! Now lust at first sight, there's something I can believe...[/Jolee Bindo mode] :geezer:

Hope your date goes well, Ofelix; just remember not to rush things! Like a good BBQ, you want things cooked through, not burnt on the outside and raw in the middle.

And if anyone can explain that metaphor, PM me because I just read back through it at can't make sense of it myself. :shake:

6. Arabwel

Media:
    Birdboy, I actually can :p but I am waaaay too lazy to PM, so I will leagve you to wonder! :evil:

7. chevalier

Media:
    @Ofelix: Full congrats then. ;)

@Magpie: What I was going to say, the Jolee Bindo part. :D

And don't rush things. Sometimes getting your first feats can be as exciting as casting epic level spells. :shake: But seriously, do enjoy your time with her at whatever stage you are. See if it survives if you give yourself the time to cool down, shake off hormones and think rationally for a while. Just don't get too stiff (and think it's chev who's saying this :lol: ). Let her know what you feel but don't exaggerate it. Treat her seriously but don't jump into big words and big promises. Don't pace it too fast, take time to see it for what it really is.

You'll be better off keeping her always a bit uncertain about her standing with you or when she's going to see you next, hungry for more, anxious from not hearing from you for too long, lured by things you keep secret, and so on and so forth. It's a perfect way to become a woman's mate but not her friend. Not doing such things should be a reward of its own and there are women who will appreciate it, in one way or another.

8. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

The babbling will continue until morale improves. :roll:

9. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

:lol: kuemper. I saw a tshirt while I was in Greece (worn by the angry Swede who was our overseer in the Study Center) very similar to that... "The beatings will continue until morale improves". Much hilarity.

:beer: and brownies are a wonderful thing.

10. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

@Ofelix - as everyone else said - take it slow and easy; I believe you described her as "shy like me", so just be yourself and let the bond develop slowly. Talk, get to know her, etc.etc.

oh, and as for the multiplay problems with BG/BG2/whtvr - you may need to unblock ports on the firewall (AND the router) to allow the game to communicate out into the internet; the security devices will block these commo requests by default - check the game manual in the multiplay section to find out what TCP and/or UDP ports it needs open to work properly... (I'd check mine...if I knew where my manual was :p )

@Magpie - here's some :coffee: since it seems everyone else understood your analogy! :)

@Jag - crossing fingers, toes, eyes...oh esiy, yhsy dvtred up my yypinh...ugh - sorry.

@k/ara/etc - *burp* :yum: all you people talking of food and other goodies; a plague upon you all! You're not helping my overactive, overacidic stomach! :(
    /me anticipates getting admonishing note from mod
    Oh, alright - a plague of...happiness *sigh*

@Eldular - okaaaaay; Fel goes into a near-meditative state from watching the Brownian motion of wind upon a leaf and you satirically refer to it as a divine omen; kuemper does the same thing with a spider in action and you suggest medication?!?

Methinks the pot's been spreading rumours about the kettle's colour again. :rolleyes: C'mon, haven't you ever just sat back and watched the clouds for a while and just daydreamed, E??? *sigh* I think I'm gonna do that tomorrow, pending the weather.

Anyway; here's a babble of randomness - from Stephen Wright, instead of my usual George Carlin:

I'm studying evolution; it's going real slow. :D

11. Arabwel

Media:
    .... browsing the SPMP can be hazardous to your health. that's all I'm saying...

12. Eldular Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I was going to go to the book store today, insted I fell asleep for 8 hours, seems like another night without sleep.

13. chevalier

Media:
    Speaking of falling asleep, I had planned on going to bed around midnight... Those new light bulbs in my room are way too bright.

14. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Hmmm...I hurt a body part (nothing private) at work today (not badly)...anyone want to guess what I hurt, and how?

Hints: I work at a cabinetry shop, and this new injury has nothing to do with what I said in page 6 of this RB thread.

The winner gets a pat on the back...given by themself. :rolleyes: :rolling:

[ September 10, 2005, 04:37: Message edited by: Kitrax ]

15. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

petty
    definition : Someone said a rumour bad about you, a year later, you found out the phone number of this person and you call him demanding an apology. This person, as soon as you idetified yourself, apologized. You wouldn't quit, however, you kept on chasing, insulting him with whatever adjective you've. Worst yet, he said your mother is a prostitute. i mean, given the chance who wants to be a prostitute? He, studied these many years and still thinking a prostitute is an insult. wtf, really, wtf!

16. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Sounds like a pretty screwed up person teekc.

17. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

@ Magpie: I have an idea about your barbecue metaphor. If you prepare a steak as you suggest (burnt outside and raw in the middle), it will taste like **** and make you sick. Would that be close to the warning that you were trying to give?

Meanwhile, I have a Funeral in the morning, Chaperoning a youth dance in the evening and have to work Sunday. But after that I should have a few days off...

18. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

just accompanied my little brother to his family day at school as a proxy for my dad. yerg.

19. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

It's alright. My brain is functioning again after being in great need of sleep last night.

@Kitrax: your foot? I'm guessing you dropped a cabinet on it. Ouch.

Oh no, we're out of teabags! :eek:

20. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

time to get up again.. gotta go pick up my girlfriend who lives so far away i have to pay a toll just to get to her :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.