1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #45

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Sep 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    At least got the signature for the EU law exam.

Bullies are so miserable. It's also miserable that practically all kids need to fight to survive in their environments. I wish parents were more willing properly to instruct and punish their children and I wish the authorities (public or school) were more willing to mete out some serious consequences to aggressive kids. They have a problem, granted, but they know what they are doing when they clench a fist to hit another person. If they aren't put in line early on, they will grow into chavs, then hooligans, they will fall into a serious conflict with the law sooner or later. If they aren't punished for extorting lunch money, they will extort real money really soon. Besides, it's quite real for the hungry or beaten or insulted child, even if it looks like a small thing to school officials, police, parents etc.

2. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] These boys knew my friend from her last school. They were telling such horrible lies! Especially ones about her boyfriend and how he had been boasting to everyone how they'd had sex a lot. Also saying that She had stolen peoples boyfriends and been seen with a differnt guy every week during Summer on the beach.

She's only been to the beach once!

And the only Steve she knows is her gardener! (bald, full beard, large white van. Sexy!")

3. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Mehg. Boys should be kenneled until they reach suitable maturity to be let out in civilized company.

:p

4. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

@Ara:
    I resemble that remark! :nono: :hahaerr:

5. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

I'm sure there are some people that would never be released... Although whether that's because of them failing to meet Ara's standards of maturity or because she wants to keep them for her own evil purposes, it's probably best not to speculate... :hahaerr:

Can everyone say "Antonio"? :p ;)

6. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    We are only human. We make mistakes.

Important lesson.

Don't forget it or Ara might release her Antonio, or what's left of him. I wonder whether the term human would still be applicable in that case though. :D

[EDIT]Also: We've decided Chev is human.

[ September 21, 2005, 22:38: Message edited by: Uytuun ]

7. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    *pouts* I wouldn't keep Antonio THAT long.... :p

(Now, Enrique on the other hand.... :evil: )

8. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    And sometimes it's the flaws that make us love each other more than the heroic sides.

9. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    No life problem, or better lack of Life.

10. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I get to go shopping with the Mom-in-law this week. Silly me, maybe I can think of something other than jeans for a present.

11. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

@8 - lemme at 'em; they'll disappear for a week or so, then return with a very different demeanour. :evil:

(I spent my obligatory school years tormented by others; being hounded thusly has given me a pervasive yen for righteous retribution and hiding in the library has given me the chance to research imaginative techniques to accomplish the former...)

@Ara - 1) yeah, but most of us would never be let out, and 2) aye, Enrique's younger - could undergo a longer...um, training regimen? :D

@chev - congrats, and good job! :thumb: I'd never liked either acadamecians, nor bureaucrats^1, and I dunno if I could keep my composure if I had to deal with people who are both...

footnote: 1. I agree with Leo Gallagher "They aughta be called 'b-u-r-r-o' like they act!" :)

12. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

Okay, I think I've been silent long enough. You all think you know bullying? You don't know ****. In elementary school (grades K-5), I had two bullies that focused on me and only me. The really weird part is that they were specialized: one focused on verbal abuse while I was inside the building, and the other would ceaselessly chase me around the playground, trying to pummel me (ironically, his last name is Harms :lol: ). Needless to say, I developed a very thick skin for insults (which has since dissolved over the years), and all that exercise gave me incredible agility, speed, and leg strength.

Seeing those two people again in high school was astounding, to say the least. The verbal bully had become a straight-A Class President type, and the physical bully is now meek as a mouse and barely says a word. What I've learned from this is that people will mature, sometimes on their own. Wait a few years and see what your bullies do then; only after a sufficient amount of time should you judge them. In the meantime, avoid as best you can, or just get something to blackmail them with. :evil:

13. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I think a high percentage of school bullies become much less important to society when they reach adulthood. Mediochre minds with mediochre jobs, skinny legs, fat bellys, bad skin, and spouses who are bored of them. Not all of them but a high percentage.

14. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I found my 'bullies' quit bugging me when they got a hefty dose of their own medicine. And yes, I am *that* nasty. I don't forget and rarely forgive. Though if you prefer a more silent rebuke, adopt and perfect 'looking through someone'. Most don't like it when you look at them they aren't even a microbe on the planet.

Moral of this post: It's always the quiet ones. :angel:

15. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

I'd like to see bullies get a taste of their own medicine. Maybe the guy that picks on people smaller than him gets picked on later by someone bigger that doesn't like what the guy does...

16. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I guess I was lucky; I wasn't really a bully target except on the sports field, and that explains why I'm so aggressively competitive. I even had a kid try to drown me playing water polo because I was playing all over him. I should add that I suck at swimming and water polo - I was just reading the play better.

To be honest, I think I engaged in it more than I copped it. Yes, it was about 15 years ago (I'm 25), and yes, I still feel bad about it. Being a late bloomer at an all-boys school, the only way to fight back was either to kick the aggression up into overdrive, or just to ignore them and do your own thing. I went about 50-50 on that.

@ Ara: I can think of a few volunteers to assist with the proposed... ah, training regimen. Like about half the people in my office.

17. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I had to work on my birthday! :bang: At least it was a pretty easy day, and I didn't have to take the bus to get home...I got taken to a yummy resteraunt for RIBS! :yum: :love: :yum: :love: :yum:

Oh, it's also my, and my girlfriend's 4 year aniversary today. I probably should have married her already...but nah, I think I'll wait for another year or so. :rolling:

18. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Kitrax... happy birthday! I hope you have a ton o' fun.

I think sometimes they get the medicine before they administer it. Often violent people are a result of a violent upbringing. If a family member regularly beats the crap out of them then it becomes an accepted behavior.

19. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

I like pillows.

20. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Indeed. They giveth much, and asketh little in return except the occasional cleaning.

I think we can all learn a lesson from that. Slick change of topic, Jag.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.