1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #45

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Sep 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Rainy day today, thanks to the hurricane that's now churning in the Gulf.
    Not much else going on here, I consider that a good thing.

My clansister is doing much better, told us that talking to peple helps, so we're taking rotations on calling her, one person each night. That'll be 52 people calling, and more will likely sign up when they learn what happened...

2. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

i was bullied too in grade school, by a couple of guys a batch higher than me. always fought back though, used to bite too. that'd get em to leave me alone :p

then when i hit high school and started seeing them at parties they'd want to have a drink and say stuff like "you grew up. look a lot better now." :rolleyes:

moral? fight back. even with your teeth.

3. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I got tackled off my moped in town once...

4. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I didn't care for the informal school "etiquette", i.e. that it was honourable for a group to attack one person but it wasn't for the person to go the teachers etc. :rolleyes: So I both fought back and reported such incidents. It often got me in trouble when they started lying. You know, teachers are sometimes so lazy and unwilling to do anything out of the pre-arranged pre-scheduled routine and so afraid of confrontation that they will be even glad to believe it when five big bullies say the one smaller guy attacked them all. :rolleyes: And when I started hitting back, guess who was guilty. :rolleyes: When you go to them, they say it's bad to report your "friends" like that. When you even defend yourself (let alone retaliate), they say you should have reported it and not fought back, so you are the guilty one. So everyone is guilty but not the bully. That's how it worked round here. Suffice to say, I didn't like teachers much, neither did I like their logic and I never missed any opportunity to point that out. Guess my behaviour grade. :rolleyes:

5. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

whoa. polish elementary school sucks chev.

6. chevalier

Media:
    It does. Secondary was better (well, it was secondary back in my time, now the same type of school is third in the queue you have to do because they have made schools shorter), but there were still problems. Teachers weren't exactly renowned for keeping promises and always saying the truth. In fact, they weren't known for always saying the same thing about the same event, if you catch my drift. Again, I didn't miss any opportunity to point it out and consistently refused to shut up. Guess my behaviour grade. ;) But we didn't have bullies. Violence was strictly outlawed. I still had to use "manual persuasion" a couple of times, but a good public show from time to time assured a measure of peace and quiet. ;)

7. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member Member of the Week Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] I smell a separate thread on school bullying, especially since these RB fill up really fast as it is.

8. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Lets just say that I lost my faith in the ability of the school system to hgandle bullying when I was foreced to apologize to someone who had been tormenting me for the past 7 years straight. *bitter*

@NonSequitur - They can just keep their grubby little hands off MY Enrique :p

9. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Average sheets of toilet paper used per sitting: 6

10. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31

Ive given up coffee and smoking for one whole day, well, working day, as Im goin out tonight Im sure to end up with a joint in my hand at some point...

...its 13:33, I think its going well...

11. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

ah well. when the system fails you have to take matters into your own hands imo.

anyhoo, remind me NEVER AGAIN to take movie advice from my friend who said that the Chinese movie Hero starring Jet Li was "awesome". it sucked hairy eggs imo :mad: whatta waste of time :/

12. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31

Hero was never one of my favourites, I can pick about 10 of his earlier movies that were way better. Even though it aint jet li, house of flying daggers is always worth a try

13. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

/me sings "I am slowly going crazy, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6... Switch!"

Second week of classes and I already have a lot of work to do. What fun.

Someone want to do my Cicero translations?

14. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31

Your what translations? Oh go on then I'll give it a shot...

15. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

@SoB

i'm not really a fan of the recent flashy Chinese movies. I wouldn't mind seeing one of the old generic ones though :) I used to see those movies with typical "running up and down the stairs wit water buckets filled at the well" training then one day coming back and finding out the master was dead and spending the rest of the movie avenging him :D ah memories :p

16. chevalier

Media:
    I have only one thing to say: university is evil. It's a den of chaos.

17. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    ...and that's just the math department.

18. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

Does anyone know where you can get those mini hoovers, like the kind in Gattaca? I just looked between the keys on my keyboard and it's filth, frankly.

@ chev: it's a truth universally acknowledged (well, almost) that most academics couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery. I say, roll with it and see what happens. :D

I mean, what's the worst that could go wrong? So you end up in outer Mongolia held captive by a tribe of feral midget-people with a penchant for poking things with sharpened sticks and a taste for human flesh - it's a hell of a story to tell the grandkids!

Err... assuming you escape, that is. :hahaerr:

@ T2Bruno: :lol:

19. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I like Hero because it's style over substance. Sometimes that can be good :D

20. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

The only real difference between humans and apes is that we can scratch our backside with style. :hahaerr:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.