1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #45

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Sep 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

So it looks like the city transit system is going on strike on Monday. This basically screws over any university student living downtown, as they now need to find alternative ways to get to campus. :(

And rumour is it could last 6-8 weeks.

2. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

When will CBC stop striking? I want my Dr. Who! :grr:

The only thing a cat lacks in being the perfect creature is an opposible thumb (to show everything else how they really feel! :evil: ). Soon though, very soon. :holy: :angel:

3. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

dammit, they ruined my friday now they want me to wake up at 6am and ruin my saturday too. damn economics program. i should've taken a liberal arts course. (no offense to those thta have/do, it's just that over here, business curriculum is much more difficult)

4. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

Did anybody miss me? :D Okay, here's the story about why I wasn't around yesterday (I spiffied it up for the boards):

Yesterday morning, some nitwit anti-tech cleric-wannabe cast Create Water on my keyboard. :mad: After numerous attempts using my Blacksmithing (silicon and wiring) proficiency, I finally gave up and tried out my spare. For some reason, it doesn't work anymore either. :rolleyes: Currently I'm at school, but as soon as I get out I'm heading straight for the techmagic store.

:banana: Yay, I'm perfect!

5. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Guess you don't have an earlier save you can revert to eh Fel?
    Actually I'm wrestling with my own computer difficulties. Nothing that is stopping it from running. Trying to figure out how to make my new secondary hard drive work so that I can install all kinds of new crap on my friendly compy.
    I have less than 15% hd space left on my primary hd and there is nothing that I want to uninstall.

Hopefully that gets all cleared up tonight when someone else messes with it.

6. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

Painting the fence is fun... No, wait. It isn't. My arms are sore and my back is screaming "medic".

Dragonfly, if you are using Windows, try reducing the amount of HD given to the Recycle Bin. Windows normally keeps 10% of the HD untouched just for it. Reduce that to 1% and you'll get precious space back.

7. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    tired, cold, annoayed, pissed off... *sigh*

@Ofelix:

The dread of something after death,
    The undiscover'd country from whose bourn
    No traveller returns, puzzles the will
    And makes us rather bear those ills we have
    Than fly to others that we know not of?
    Thus conscience does make cowards of us all
    For who would bear the whips and scorns of time,
    The oppressor's wrong, the proud man's contumely,
    The pangs of despised love, the law's delay,
    The insolence of office and the spurns
    That patient merit of the unworthy takes,
    When he himself might his quietus make
    With a bare bodkin?
    Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
    The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
    Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
    And by opposing end them?
    To die: to sleep;
    No more; and by a sleep to say we end
    The heart-ache and the thousand natural shocks
    That flesh is heir to, 'tis a consummation
    Devoutly to be wish'd.
    To die, to sleep;
    To sleep: perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub;
    For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
    When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
    Must give us pause:

8. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Where did you find that Arab? It's really beautiful. I think I understood it :grin: . No anyway it suit me more or less I think.

9. Felinoid

@Ofelix:
    :jawdrop: Oh for crying out loud ... That is THE most well-known passage from Hamlet; just read it already.

EDIT: Okay, maybe second-most, with first being: "Alas, poor Yuric. I knew him, Horatio; a man of infinite jests and wisdom." Which is often mis-quoted as "Alas, poor Yuric. I knew him well."

'Tis indeed a shame that such a well-honed mind (since gone to its deserved rest) could be misrepresented in such a fashion. :sosad:

10. Arabwel

Media:
    Fel, I disagree - i think the most well-known bit is "To be or not to bé" :p

11. Felinoid

@Ara:
    :doh: You're right of course, but that just puts the whole monologue your passage is from back at the top of the list. :p

EDIT:
    :lol: Must share. I just heard a little girl call (what appears to be) her father a "monkey's uncle". Aside from the fact that it was just way too cute to be an insult, I just realized that she actually insulted a cousin and not her father. :lol:

[ September 23, 2005, 22:55: Message edited by: Felinoid ]

12. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Isn't it "Alas poor Yorick..."?

I dunno. Today's been a stressful day, even though I haven't had any classes. It's gonna be a long weekend.

13. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Have pity on the poor guy! Are there no French translations of Shakespeare? :hmm: Not everybody gets dead ole Willy first shot, ya know.
    Sometimes they try again. ;)

14. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Or even 'Sometimes they reload'? (sry)

Honestly, I didn't spot the source right off myself. *shrug*

But the weekend is here, and AFAIK, I'm off until monday. (yay) I was not given a schedule for the upcoming week, which is a little odd (I'd been off for two weeks, so maybe it took a little while to get me 'back in the system' - hope I'm getting paid next week! :mommy: )

And may I take this opportunity to say:Goosnargh!

[ September 24, 2005, 01:12: Message edited by: apathetic empath ]

15. Arabwel

Media:
    *still tired*

Am making some chocolate-cardemom cookies. Who wants some? :D

16. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

in the version i have fel's quote is correct, except for the spelling of yorick.

in other news i've been up since 7:30am after going to bed at 2:30am. i hate school.

17. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Meh Glehbher. My sister came to home today, it was great since she left 8 years ago I don't see her that aften, it's a shame we get very well togheter actualy.

18. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Are they made of real moms? :lol:

I so dislike being teased with bday presents. I'd rather get them as a surprise than go shopping with someone who buys it, then says I *might* get it for my bday...or Xmas. :grr:

@Fel - you're not quite perfect; your hands are on backwards! :p

19. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

they make weekends too short :mad:

20. Felinoid

Woooooooooooooo-ooooo!! :banana: Badgers beat Minnesota 3 games to 2 tonight. Tremendous game against our biggest rival; what could be better?

@kuemper:
    Sure the avatar looks like that, but not all of us have them backwards, you know. I happen to be one of the lucky 12% who gets the "normal" ones. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.