1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #45

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Sep 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Huuumm So if we duct tape a toast on Felinoid's back and drop him from a certain high what will happen? :) Ofelix look greedily at Felinoid Oh Kitty! Kitty kitty! :evil:

On a side note, I ain't better... I still feel sad.

2. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

@ Colthrun, Ofelix: there was a website somewhere that debated this very topic... I've mislaid the URL (blame my old laptop and Windows Me). They hypothesised that by using Murphy's Law 1.1 (toast always falls butter-side down) in combination with cats always landing on their feet could be used to create a levitation effect. However, the two probabilities would have to exactly cancel, to avoid either the cat falling to its death or being blasted into space by the sheer force of Sod's Law.

For this purpose, it was thought neccesary to maximise the stain power of whatever was on the toast, under the assumption that Murphy's Law would make it more likely for toast to land spread down more often when there's greater risk of permanent staining. Ergo, a track of white shag-pile carpet, over which are suspended kitties with toast covered in Chicken Tikka Masala strapped to their backs, would make a viable alternative to expensive MagLev railways of the kind used in Japan.

3. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Isn't random babbling the place where we get to say what's on our minds, even if it is not so interesting or not interesting at all? And wasn't the point of this thread to confine all uninteresting babbling babble in one place rather than it flooding the fora? Just asking.

4. Ofelix

Media:
    I agree with Utyuun on this point.

5. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

@The Magpie: we also need to ensure that the toast is securely fastened on the cat's back. Anecdotical evidence shows that sometimes the cat will land on its feet, because the strapped toast slipped on its side and ended up over the cat's tummy, buttered side facing down. In these cases, both theories were proven right.

The ideal situation would be to use a genetically modified cat able to grow a buttered toast on its back.

6. Ofelix

Media:
    Huuuumm Oh Felinoid! Come her! come kitty! Why that blasted cat ne'er come when we need him! :mad:

(Just kidding friend btw)

7. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Me thinks BTA is simply bored to tears and wants to take advantage of his dominion over the SPers to force us to perform for him. :p :D

8. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    That's what I thought.

9. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I'll admit that I think continuous 'Yay coffee' and 'Yay sleep' posts are dull. They're also pointless, but that's kinda the point of this thread anyway.

Maybe just a general recommendation not to be so boring rather than a hard and fast rule? :p

10. The Magpie

So the question is: RBPs - the place where the spam lives, or halfway between CS and insanity? :hmm:

There's probably a case for both, but I don't think BTA minds our occasional rambles, it's more the "w00t! I'm nineteenth"-style posts that are unneccesary. Which is fair enough, I guess. Although I think we're mostly all guilty of jumping on that bandwagon at some time or other...

My $.02 :D

11. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Hmmm.... trying to decide what to have rfor dinner is hrder than it looks... but I believe mom's sphagetti sauce is teh winner. Especially since that ground beef is not going to like sitting around much longer...

and you people have given me a craving for shrimp. :p

12. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Wow, an new RB already?

It's raining and I really don't want to go outside, even though I have an apointment to pick up my student loan.

Evil weather.

13. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

He awoke from the accident and slowly opened his puffy, swollen eyes.

The room he slept in for the past six months became a glorious cacophany of blues and greens. The breeze from the open window fluttered both the sheers and the hospital curtain partitioning him from sight. His body refused to moved as he tried to raise an arm. He shifted his gaze to his lower body, only to discover he was encased in a protective covering. Sighing, he twisted his neck - the only part of him spared of the horrible workplace trauma - and watched a leaf twirl and glide to the grass.

The swish of the door along the linoleum floor caught his attention. Cammie shot him her dazzling smile, the one that made him fall in love with her. She hurried to his bedside and eveloped him in a hug. 'Ah, ma sweet petite! I am zo glad zee doctors were able to find a way to hold you together!' She punctuated her soft words with playful kisses.

'Cammie, what of...what of the twins?' he asked in a whisper.

She pushed away from her injured husband. Her white blonde hair created a halo around her head, giving even more credence to her angelic look. She tucked a bit behind her ears. 'Zee twins; you know zat zey love you. Come, lift yourself high, Jarl, and see zem with your own eyes!'

Jarl used the controls to adjust the upper half of his bed while his adoring wife gathered their children from outside the door. 'Mon pere! Mon pere!' they cried as his two baby bells scampered with care onto his bed. They leaned into his larger body, ecstatic to be with their father once again. 'Look, papa! We are just like you now!' They showed off their shiny, waxed shells with pride.

Jarl felt a tear sting his eye. Never was there a more loving family than the Cheeses.

Just keeping things interesting.

@all who speak French - :o I'm sorry Cammie is such a blatent butcher of the language. What do you expect from a wedge of camembert?

14. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    1) After wandering around SP half the night, forgetting to logout and sleeping until almost 10AM I really, really, really do need :coffee:

2) It is now a proven fact one can blatantly and directly insult a large majority of SPers without either being noticed or no one actually caring.

3) kuemper is a very good writer

4) Dendri is very smart

5) but cats are smarter than humans

15. CĂșchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Cats are also cleaner than most humans (males). I know because I just returned from my place of work's bathroom. uggghhhhhh

16. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Not quite. The intent of these threads was never to provide everyone with a trash dump to unload all their crap into without regard to content, or a place for a couple of friends to chat.

Yes, they are a place where people can plant a random thought now and again when they are bored and no other threads appeal to them or fit with what they want to say.

The difference is: The former is for yourself and one or two others only while the latter is for the community as a whole. Remember, this is a message board where you are posting something for others in the community to read. If it is a post only for yourself or for your friend, then why post it for everyone else to see? Well, other than the obvious increasing of your post count...

Go to the chatroom if you are bored and want to chat or send a PM to your friend if you want to say something to him/her. Post something here that at least you THINK will appeal to the general community.

I for one am tired of all the completely uninteresting crap. :)

17. The Magpie

Writing CVs sucks. I keep struggling to think of greatest acheivements...

The battle with the Aect'lec was special for several reasons; even Power Word: Quick Load seemed a hopeless endeavour, as I knew he'd just turn my party to Ghasts again, before I could even kill him the first time, let alone once for each of the acolytes.
    Then it clicked... :idea: With the scroll of Otiluke's Resilient Sphere I'd pickpocketed from Shandalar, I could neutralise his fat ass and slaughter his followers at my leisure. Without distractions, I could focus my attacks unhindered and bring him down nice and easy. Soon victory - and the spoils of battle - would be mine...

Whadya think? On the basis of that, I'd employ me! I mean, what makes you a more attractive employment prospect than m4d BG sk1llz? :shake:

18. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I believe that there should be a corollary to Murphy's law: The lost object is always found in the most painful manner possible.

Like, say, stepping on the can opener. *nurses foot*

there is still one more lurking around here.... :eek:

19. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, yes and no. I am certainly not bored to tears until I have to slog through all the crap in these threads lately. So, yes, I want you to either perform for me or at least not bore me to tears by posting without entertaining :)

Of course that's what it is. Look, I'm not trying to quash your fun; I'm just asking you to not fill these threads up with stuff of which the point is simply to scratch your posting itch rather than trying to appeal to the community.

20. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Oh, BTA, you increased my fun. I just checked and I have posted 5 times (now 6) in this RB in less than 24 hrs. which is a record for me. :banana: time

If I turn into a real spammer it will be all BTA's fault. :p

Plus what could be more fun than poking fun at that dire thing; an authority figure ? :evil:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.