1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #45

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Sep 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

Good stuff, Feli! :thumb:

Man, :beer: rules. Housemates & I managed a random pub trip for the first time in ages last night. The only downer was the students at said pub - they all look too young! :aww:

Now I know how Splunge feels. :geezer: :shake:

I was also used as a public leaning post by a random, very very drunk, Irish lady who kept staggering around telling anyone who'd listen about how **** her boyfriend is. Fortunately, she was mostly bending the ear of the old guy on my right, whilst occasionally righting herself using my back if she swayed too far. :nuts:

2. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I have just bought the cutest wine bottle EVER. It's pink. and it's cat-shaped. Picrtorial evidence will follow as soon asthe Maternal Unit brings me back my camera.... which means the dishes. Ah, but such is life...

:banana:

3. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Brunhilda is feeling a little better but I am afraid she needs a major cleaning.

Great for you, Fel, I hope your mother is better. Nice what her workplace did for her and it does show what a great person she is.

/me jealous of Ara. A cat bottle is great.

If Magpie feels old seeing the babies play just think how I feel.

4. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

The constant tap-tap-tapping above her head brought her from a deep slumber. Her sleep stained eyes squinted huffily at the ceiling. After five minutes, the tapping ceased and out heroine slipped out of bed into the cool morning air.

Shivering, she tiptoed her way upstairs to the front hall closet. The folding doors opened easily under her touch when she nudged them. There, on the floor near the back, were her objectives.

She gathered all of her mother's-in-law shoes and stoled back to her lair. In the bedroom, she crammed the twenty pair under her bed.

A smile creased her lips as she snuggled down under the worn comforter, sleep once again overtaking her.

5. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Magpie - I know exactly how you feel. Walking around campus here and looking at all the first years who are running around. Makes me feel :geezer: . Especially since most of them aren't old enough to drink yet.

I finally got my book of Pliny letters today. And I had ordered it August 22. Took long enough for it to get here. I was getting worried that I might have to order it again.

6. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

@ Nakia, Lai: it's not age per se, it's more the realisation that youth is limited. One day I will be 30 and officially old (I know, I know...), but then I will - at least - be able to focus on Growing Old (Dis)Gracefully.....

@Ara: Cat shaped? :confused: Where do you put the cork?

Umm... Actually, scratch that - I don't wanna know! :eek:

@ kuemper: good stuff, keep 'em coming! :thumb:

7. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Age is in the eyes of the beholder.

Which reminds of an incident that I am going to tell you. Ha! Betcha read it too.

In my forties I had a rather tight pantsuit outfit and a good figure. One day waiting for the bus a guy came up and spoke to me. I turned and looked at him. He got mad at me for wearing that kind of outfit when I was old . I didn't know whether to laugh or kick him. :hippy:

edit: Pshaw, I have to leave all the SP fun and go to a meeting.

8. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

I love people who send you a PM expressing an opinion and then put you on ignore before you can respond. :lol: (That really takes the cake--real class.) :shake:

9. Arabwel

Media:
    :geezer: is a state of mind :D

<zxczx cv bbbbbbb

err, that was Carolina saying hello. She couldn't stay away from the keyboard... okay, guys, :wave: to the nice kitty :D

10. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    :hmm: :nuts: But that's just plain stupid.

Damn! Damn! Why can't I get 30 hours a day to do all my assignment! I'm goin' nuts NUTS I tell ye!

:wave: Hello Kitty!

11. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Felinoid, great news, I'm happy for you and your mother!

Ofelix, the avatars and portraits are from the games covered on SP only.

12. Ofelix

Media:
    Okay, well I would've like the Gecko avatar!

Anyway I think for the first time I've posted in the AODA... What's becoming of me? SP has cast a spell on me!

13. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    I'm cold.

That must mean summer is really over.

/me gets more layers

It's all about layering up, people.

And wearing lots of warm socks.

14. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Had the Ringwood carnival. Hands a bit cold, head hurts from the loudness, had rice crispies thrown at me and cannot feel my right leg at all :eek:

All in all, It was good :)

15. Arabwel

Media:
    Warm socks are good *nodnodnod*

Maybe I shpould learn to knit and make myself some - maybe in SP colors with the Munchkin on them :p

16. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

@Spellbound - I said in PM what I had to say and didn't want to hear anymore from you about it in PM. My advice still stands; I notice I can still post. :hmm: ;) Strangely, I was raised if I had nothing nice to say to someone, not to say anything at all. Perhaps you need to take this advice to heart.

17. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    /me wraps a warm blanket around Uytuun and gives her a steaming cup of lemon tea... keep warm

It was cold here too on the way back from the wedding.

@Felinoid: Good to hear so. :thumb:

@Nakia: Bad for the loser, not you. ;) People have taken me for my mother's husband or brother and she was already 26 when I was born. She's 48 and looks better than most girls my age.

[ September 17, 2005, 22:22: Message edited by: chevalier ]

18. Ofelix

Media:
    Hurray! Much Yeahness! I have one assignment left to do (for the time being)! My god does this mean I'll have some time left to do something that is not chores, homework or cleaning related?

19. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    @Arabwel
    It's the spanish accent Ara, I'm afraid you can do nothing about it.

20. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

kuemper -- That's quite enough. You need to learn the difference between "not saying nice things about someone" and "making a general comment about a post" -- quite a different thing.

And it looks like you prefer the public display, rather than a PM. Tsk...tsk. But I'm done with it. Grow up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.