1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #45

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Sep 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Depends on how long the essay has to be and hopefully you read this post after you have finished it.

My 3.5 month old baby laughed for the first time yesterday. The funny thing was what made him laugh. I used the words "a dormir" on him and that was what set him off. I was telling him that he had to go to sleep.

2. Ruin Ehwazehs Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I wish I could laugh like your baby now, Dragonfly.

Because I only wrote 100 words of supposed to be 500-1000 words essay.

and I'm not in right mood of typing something in the middle of night, when I'm supposed to get rest for coming weekdays

3. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    All I can wish you is luck right now. Maybe if you can come up with a good reason why you couldn't write the essay your instructor will give you another chance.

4. Ruin Ehwazehs Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Well it was all my fault, so I'm just gonna suck it up and type it and finish it until tomorrow morning.

oh....and I'm a high school student.

EDIT : few typos

Alright!!

I'm freaking done with this piece of c...no wait it's my essay.

anyway it's 2:14 AM and I really need to go to bed right now

[ September 19, 2005, 09:15: Message edited by: Ruin Ehwazehs ]

5. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

@ Ruin:

500-1000 words in a night? Easy money. The key points are:
    </font>
    1. Lots of caffeine (coffee :coffee: or tea :coffee2: ) ...
    2. ...But not too much caffeine (otherwise you'll get too hyper and be unable to concentrate on one thing at a time)
    3. The absolute determination to finish, in spite of what your body and mind are telling you: there is no greater lie than "I'll have a nap and finish it in the morning"! ;)
    4. Music! Something up tempo, preferably as brutal as possible (although my housemate prefers Paul Simon, go figure!) to help keep the blood pumping and fight :sleep: . I find that Metallica works well for this purpose (particularly in their early Thrash Metal period) or Nirvana's first album Bleach.
    5. Be positioned as close to a loo as possible! All that coffee/tea has to work through sometime, and you need to lose as little time answering the call of nature as possible.
    6. Biscuits! Use them as motivational tools to drag you to the end of the next paragraph, or whatever. Just keep them both for sustenance (you'll need it) and as a way of toughing out difficult passages.
    That's all I can think of for now, except to say: BELIEVE! I've easily nailed 2000 words in a night, and even had time to sleep (well, 2 hours :p ) so it can be done! I got an A for that one, too, so don't think that quality neccesarily has to be compromised.

Good luck man!

EDIT: I see you made it... good work! :thumb: I'll leave this up for anyone else who's thinking of going down the all-nighter path. And I'll add a coupla points:</font>
    1. At some point, tiredness will recede somewhat. This is the body taking the hint, and tapping up as much reserve energy as possible. I call it "Golden Hour" :p , but it can last much longer ... or only 15 mins! :aaa:
    2. You'd always have been better off being more organised ... right? Wrong! Who knows what heights the adrenaline could push your fevered mind to! Some of my best thoughts have occurred at 4am, and it could work for you too! (Obviously, I except no responsibility if it doesn't)

[ September 19, 2005, 09:26: Message edited by: The Magpie ]

6. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

I read this quote and thought of Tal:

Now that I think about it, it is slightly reminiscent of the quote at the beginning of BG1. :heh:

7. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

It is - just a slightly different translation, or possibly a different edition.

The quotation from BG1 reads:

He who fights with monsters must look to it that he himself does not become a monster ... when you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you...

The passage is originally from Beyond Good and Evil, which was published in ~1886 (iirc). Nietzsche's probably my favourite philosopher (can you tell :D ) and BGE is one of his best books.

In any case, this is all good stuff to fuel Bion's conspiracy theories... :shake:

8. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Hmm, I have an ebook of Beyond Good and Evil sitting on my computer - one day I shall get around to reading it :grin: '

(or I could spend $10 on a nice Penguin classic version ... but meh, I'm not *that* interested :p )

9. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Hello from Egypt!

I am in an internet cafe checking my e-mail and I figured that I might as well drop by.

It is absolutely AMAZING here. I am in Aswan right now - we are going on a Nile cruise up to Luxor starting tomorrow morning. Yesterday I was at the Pyramids and I went into one of them and visited the burial chamber - absolutely unreal.

I should be back to civilization and regular posting next week but until then I am going to be having a ball around here.

10. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Hello from Poland. ;)

Glad to hear you enjoy the trip. Do post more, it's nice to read. Wish I could go there some time.

Myself, I'm in my cold room, nursing my cold, feeling bad and low. Perhaps a menial activity will fix this.

11. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

nice to see that you like it there JSBB. a friend of mine was there last summer with his family and he told me: "You get there, it's hot. Just see the pyramids then come home and head for the beach." not very open to new cultures :D

12. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    My, my you sure hate bg tutu don't you? :)

13. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

JSBB - I'm jealous! Hope you have a fantastic rest of the trip.

Time to get ready for the wonderful class that is Greek Myth and Mythology. Let the good times roll. :rolleyes:

14. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

crap. got so much to read for class tomorrow. why'd i have to take the economics program :bang:

15. kuemper Gems: 31/31

We must dissent.

16. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Yoga classes in less than 2 hours... again, see Ara go :eek:

@JSBB:am glad you are enjoying; you must tell us all about it when you finally get back to sweet home broadband :D

17. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

erg. got fable for the pc and the damn thing wont run because my video card is too crappy :bang:

if it was good enough for KotOR2 it should be good enough :mad:

18. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    JSBB, cool! Bring back some sand. :D

19. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

@JSBB:
    :jawdrop: Wow, how'd you fit into a swan?!

@Ofelix:
    No girly-pink Tutu for MY BG1. :hahaerr:

EDIT: In SP ranking news, Arabwel has surpassed BTA (making it up to the #4 spot) and will likely be making a run on Harbourboy next. Stay tuned as the king and queen of spam battle it out!

Also, I've got a new gem! :banana: No more crappy green Sphene.

[ September 19, 2005, 19:02: Message edited by: Felinoid ]

20. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Don't remember when I last had this cold hands. Even if the termometre says 38.2°C. :sick: Heating doesn't work at this time of the year.

[ September 19, 2005, 18:58: Message edited by: chevalier ]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.