1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #46

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Sep 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

@Ofelix:
    Ah, so you want to see more, eh? :evil: Well, you asked for it!

/me casts Flamestrike, spell fizzles

:sosad: Aw, jeez... (stupid deity, won't let my spells work; the only C5 I get today and it gets wasted) :almostmad: *grumble grumble*

/me casts Invisibility and slinks off

2. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    She? :aaa: ?! What in the world? Isn't obvious I am a man?

And thanks for all the good spells folks. Looks like my mom repaired the oven, aren't mommy great?

3. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I've been pondering about something: parents choose a name for their child. OK, I understand it's necessary for the damn paperwork. Then, they let them choose their own path in life. If they let them choose their own damn path, shouldn't they also let their child choose it's own damn name?

4. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Then we'd all be Nameless ones for a whole lot of time.

Even when we were to choose a name, people would want to change it again after a while,... ;)

5. Disciple of The Watch

Being a nameless one would have been damn fine with me. The name I now bear was one I choosed... that damn name I had at birth sucked. Okay, my name sounds like the Devil's Child, but I like it. :evil:

I choose my name as I choose my life!

*EDIT* Hey, new gem!

6. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Well, the opportunity is there for someone to change their name already - some civil servants make their living changing registries of name for people. IIRC you have to be of the age of majority to request a name change, so this would be the same point one gets to choose their own path...

Oh, and a little non sequitur - France & Quebec have registries of birth that are a little more powerful/proactive; I've heard of instances of each one refusing to register a certain name - almost always in an instance of something silly or, well, obscene. On behalf of every child everywhere who gets/got picked on because of their name, we thank you for this and urge other 'Registry of Births, Deaths & Marriages to follow suit! :D

7. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Speaking of names, who else (who reads the AoLS) thinks Aikanaro should change his name to Anarchynaro? :wave: ;)

8. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Seminar is over, yay!

Now to go translate Cicero. Ick.

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  10. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Uni's back with a vengeance.

But it's not enough to wipe the smile off my face. :D

11. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I know the feeling from somewhere. :D

12. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    :bang:

Sometimes I wish I were a hermit. or not a people person.

13. Disciple of The Watch

Ear wax looks like caramel. Had to un-clog a clogged ear with the aid of hot water and y'know, this thing you use to suck juice and sprinkle it on something? It was ****ed up. Still waiting for some water stuck in the depths of my ears to finally come out.

@kuemper: I hear you. The name I have chosen is fairly rare, just like yours is, from what you say, and we can take pride in our names. :D

[ October 05, 2005, 01:45: Message edited by: The New Order ]

14. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Nanoland? Is that the nicer, comfier part of the gutter, Ara?

My tummy's rolling like a skiff on choppy water. :sick: Nothing I do settles it and I keep running to the idea I'm pregnant. :aaa: :shake:

I like my name. It's rare enough that if someone says it in public, I know they're talkin' 'bout me! Though I do miss the availability of finding crayons and magnets with my name already inscribed. :(

15. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Yay! Kuemper is pregnant! Unless she isn't. In which case, forget everything I just said.

16. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Another baby on board? Possibly? Babies are fun until they are about 2 years old. Then they are worthless and annoying until they are 18. :shake: :rolling:

17. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Note to self

Cigarettes are not a valid replacement for food :eek: :nono:

Kitrax
    You better seek counsel! I'm afraid your :rolling: has turned to an addiction :shake:

18. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

[​IMG] I have returned! :banana:

I know that you have all had plaguing questions for the past few days, such as:

• Where is Jaguar?
    • Why is he not here?
    • When will he be back?
    And the ever popular:

• Will we get fair warning before he returns?
    Well, I can answer some of those. I have been both starting a new job and frequenting the ER (which I might add is not nearly as exiting as the show) with a nasty stomach bug. :sick:

I now work at the Source by Circuit City (previously Radio Shack), and I have a beast of a time selling electronics and electronic acessories. Not that selling them is hard work, but translating customer questions can be trying. (Yeah, I'm looking for that thing that I can plug into my whatchimacallit to make it hook up to that whoozit. Can you help me? :bang: :help: )

So, while I have considerably less spare time these days, it does not mean I have deserted you. I will be near when needed. ;)

First order of business: Felinoid shall now be known as 'He who does my laundry' :D

(Sometimes I think I have a problem. :shake: )

19. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

@Jag - yes, I missed ya. Hope you're feeling better. And nah - you're fine; we're the ones with the problem. :rolleyes:

@everyone else - how are we gonna deal with his ego NOW? He's in retail, it must be huge! ;)

20. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Why don't most websites include middle finger smileys? I could really use one in some of the Dpilomacy games I'm in. Second time playing Russia, and second time I've been denied growth in the first year (both times as Russia).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.