1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #46

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Sep 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Fel - Not too long. It's only a 20 minute walk to campus. But hanging around campus, wondering why I'm not seeing anyone else in the class, and no prof, then finding out that there's no class, :mad: .

I'm okay, really.

2. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Now, now, now gentlecat let us not engage ourselves into this. United we stand strong against the oppressor divided we are weak.Are you with or against me? Do you truly wish to let the Tyrant Akanairo go? His thirst for power is unquenchable! Soon he will meddles in the affair of Cat-Lands too! Be wary Kitty

3. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    You forget that Kitty-cat is a member of the secret society known as the SPS account holders! Their protector, Taluntain the almighty pink lizard, will never allow such an outrage to occur!
    You better heed my words, young grasshopper, your revolt is doomed to failure, and down that path awaits nought but eternal agony!
    Do you truly want to perish my young gemling?

4. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

@Ofelix:
    Again I say nay. Aikanaro is a wise and benevolent leader, and would never lead his kingdom to its doom against me and mine. I have a great number of allies, and even though we would be outnumbered by the gems, we would not be outmatched. Gems have no limbs to fight with, and would be easily dispatched by our advanced weaponry.

@olimikrig:
    Though ye speak the truth, ye speak not all. The mighty Taluntain would protect any SPer from another's tyranny, as his supercedes all. ;) Should young Ofelix wish to start a kingdom of his own, he must offer up a sacrifice to our overlord, whether it be monetary or content. Then the metamorphosis can begin, and the true Ofelix can emerge from his gem-like shell. 'Twould indeed be a glorious sight to behold.

5. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

When will you people (or cats. Or gems. Whatever.) learn? There cannot be Two Skies!

6. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Magpie, if Tal so wishes, then so will it be!

@Felinoid:
    Ah, my cat-like friend, yet with this thou sayest that the ilk of Ofelix will nay his own kingdom be granded, shouldest he fail to offer a monetary or content sacrifice!
    So thou sayest that Ofelix will have to offer a sacrifice, and then walk away from the light, thus rejecting the metamorphosis should he ever wish to build a kingdom of hs own!

7. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

/me kicks ofelix into a conveniently open cement truck

Chercher la gem! :lol: :lol:

Well, hockey's back to playing again and when we get excited, we tend to :beer: and babble.

8. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

@ kuemper: don't pick on Ofelix just because he's a gem! :nono: We were all gems once, remember? ;)
    Come, my canuck brethren! Spam, in the name of the Commonwealth, SPAM!!!

9. olimikrig

Media:
    Aye, Aye Cap'n Magpie! But, hockey seasons hasn't started here yet, but the football, yes football, it's not soccer! Is still going strong....
    So I bet we could outdo the canadians in getting drunk and babling at SP :lol:

10. Ofelix

Media:
    PLEASE. Use the masculine le when thou art speaking to me.

Of what light art thou speaking of? That I offer a sacrifice for sharing the same ariistocratic nonesense such as thou? Should I walk the same path as thou, would I not become the same as thou? Awaken to what light I ask? I do not wish to deny my geminity in order to become an ill fated aristocrate! Let the gems rule their own destiny. Were thou not a gem once? Do not deny the fact that before thy awakening thou would surely listened to my speech, just like the thirsty drink water. No thou chooce to become awaken. I say this light blind thou to the truth of this world. I say everyone should receive recognition even if they art gems. It is why I must protest! It is why I seek to built a true Gemdom!

11. olimikrig

Media:
    Indeed 'twas my awakening, hast the light blinded us? Nay I say.... The light art thine salvation, as I and my fellow beings of light, we hast experienced the awakening, and is aware of the power this place holds. Thou, as a mere gem, would nay understand before thou hast sacrificed part of thineself! Heed my words gemling, thou path leadest to nought by thine doom! So sayest the wise Magma Man
    order of SP, 1.31

12. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

One more french-canadian here. Yes we rule the RB thread.

Just kidding. :D

Going to cegep tomorrow to become a student-for-a-day. Hopefully it won't suck.

HEY! the Ofelix, clean up some of those PM so we can continue babbling in our native language!

13. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

@Ofelix:
    Yea, though thou art free to remain a gem should it be thy choice, though art not free to overthrow the great Aikanaro without much spamming. :shake: Should thou truly desire the rule of thy Gemdom, thou must earn the right to take it from he who hath earned it before thee. Thou must expand thine influence across the boards and build support with the helpful and amusing posts you spread. Only then can thou take thy rightfully earned place as King of All Gems.

And yet, one option still remains. Should thou get all above thee to publicly renounce their claim to the throne, thou would be bequeathed it by default. Should this be the path thou chooseth, know that you are 9th in the Royal Gem line of succession, behind Aikanaro, Oaz, Sniper, Enagonios, Shrikant, LKD, Iago, and SC. The late Shura was also in the line of succession, but he lost his claim when he publicly left the boards.

[ October 07, 2005, 01:03: Message edited by: Felinoid ]

14. Disciple of The Watch

@Felinoid: You sound like an old, badly translated NES RPG storyline... but don't we love them?

This one could be called: "King of All Gems: Ofelix's Quest"

15. olimikrig

Media:
    Let it be known that thine rebellious thought grand thee now recognition! Only through homage in form of meaningless funny post will thee be able to rightfully climb the throne and obtain thine, nay birthright but achieved right, as ruler of ALL GEMS!

Yet, my consiousness bids me warn thee! Thou willst only ever grand the throne, a throne which Aikinaro holdest, through hard work on much sweat on thine behalf! All good comes with a price, 'twould be wise to charish this warning...

We, the magma men, will for once all days be thine enemies! Never will we, the magma men, allow thee thinest deserved rest! We well torment thine fellow gems, and thou alike!
    Oli hast spoken.

16. Disciple of The Watch

olimikrig, Proud Magma Man, Let it be known that being King of All Gems is not my intention! I serve no one but myself, and have no desire to rule, And therfore, the throne is not mine to claim.

But when comes thy foretold day of thy vengeance, A New Order shall see the day!

17. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Gems are shiny. Long live gems.

18. Arifirh Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Wow, it's been a while since I've posted here... or anywhere, in fact :mommy:

But I've settled in at Oxford now for a good four years of French and Lingistics. Just been hooked up to the ethernet after five days here (100Mbps is a bit of a step up from dial-up :D ) so with a kettle and 300-odd teabags which should last for the next couple of weeks, I'm fairly at home now :)

It's an interesting place to be... there's a guy living in my staircase who's tackled Prince Harry a few times, having played rugby against him at Eton. The St. Hugh's college principal, Andrew Dilnot (who had a show on Radio 2 a while ago, apparently) gave a speech with the line "You are here because on some level, you are all sad nerds."

And I've entered a music competition with no time, no place, a vague prize (possibly money?) and no requirements at all, except to play half an hour or so of music to some people. Once they've decided who's judging it. Last year one person entered, and won :shake:

I managed to find out today what Linguistics actually is, which is helpful. And they gave me some Eskimo to work out and write about for Monday :)

Final note: Having Jonny Greenwood-style hair in Radiohead country is definitely a good thing :D

19. Ofelix

Media:
    Yes I like the sound of that.

Felinoid, Olimikrig; I see thy point. Let it be known that it is now my new puirsuit in life. Know also that I dost not seek enlightment or awakening... yet. There is much wisdom and knowledge to be gained from this gem form. Maybe in the distant future will I accept seek another plan of existence. But not untill being gems is considerated hollow and empty.

Yes this Ofelix burn with passion of ideals and advancement. But I am not blind to it.

I will seash my sword for now. However thou hast not see the last of me be sure of that.

LONG LIVE GEMS!

20. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

@ofelix - You may be male, but that sparkly black opal vibes female. :p Quel que'un!

I fall in behind Aikanaro as the 'Super-dee-dooper High Poobah of the Shiny Ones'.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.