1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #46

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Sep 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Doest thou nay intefere with mine path, thou may just be allowed to live!

:lol:

2. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

@Ofelix:
    Good luck on your quest, oh shiny one. May you gain what you so richly deserve.

@kuemper:
    Nay! Thou oweth thine allegiance only to our wise overlord Tal and the ruler of the Tanar'ri. I shall investigate this matter further, and it may even turn out that you are that ruler.

[ October 07, 2005, 02:14: Message edited by: Felinoid ]

3. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

olimikrig, Proud Magma Man, Stand on Your Path I shalt not, but Know that I do not fear death, for it is my Lord. But remember, and heed Thy Rise of The New Order.

4. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

@ Arifirh: good stuff! My brother enjoyed his time at Oxford, although it was many a year ago now... But to be honest, I thought you were already studying there! :confused:

Am I beginning to predict the future? I guess we'll put it down to my spidey-senses, for now... :D

And you say you're studying French? Magma-man & I may have some work for you, sooner or later... ;)

5. Arifirh Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Nope, I've been at Guildford's Royal Grammar School most of the time I've been on SP... Terry Jones' old school in fact, and now I'm following him to Oxford :D

That might go some way to explaining the presence of a 4ft stuffed killer rabbit on my bed (with tag saying "Added Bonus! Digestive tract of rabbit includes Sir Bors."), dead Norwegian Blue parrot in inflatable PVC cage hanging from my bookshelf, and two dozen or so DVDs of Monty Python and side projects somewhere on the shelf. But maybe not.

Happy to lend a hand, so long as you don't mind all work done at the dead of night, under the influence of dangerous amounts of tea, written to a slightly Shakespearian (or Racinian) style and possibly interspersed with various bits of Eskimo, Yiddish or Elvish or whatever the linguistics guys have given us that week and my mind is too lazy to file away neatly.

6. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

:mommy: I don't want to be a ruler! They're long, flat and stop at 12 inches!

People here really are total spammers. I left my compy to watch 2 programs and look at what's waiting for me. :p

Question - who's the oldest, registered SPer posting today (aside from my mighty over-dragon Taluntain)? :hmm: Must have the answer.

7. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Really? What programs did you watch Kuemper?

8. Felinoid

@kuemper:
    :lol: Had the same thought about a month back. It's Sir Belisarius (the sword and shield); he's member #110, registered July 07, 2000. He's around every now and then, and was most recently seen in the Serenity thread.

9. kuemper Gems: 31/31

I watched Holmes on Homes, a show about a contractor fixing the problems left behind by other contractors and Enterprise. Gotta get my doses of Dominick (Malcolm Reed) and Connor ('Trip' Tucker). :love: :yum:

@Fel - You mean I just lost thirty minutes of my valuable time scurving the SP archives and you knew the answer *this*whole*time*?!?! :cool: :p

10. Felinoid

What? I was playing BG. You can't expect me to be trolling the boards 24/7! . . . Why don't I hear anyone agreeing with me?

How does Queen sound, then? :D Gotta wait on Tal for the final answers, though.

EDIT: Initial answer by dmc sounds like you're gettin' a crown.

[ October 07, 2005, 05:45: Message edited by: Felinoid ]

11. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I actually tend to wonder how you get time to do anything besides posting on BoM :shake:

EDIT: Actually, it just stroke me that you registered LATER than I did :p and you're still in lead with ~1k threads

This is just so you :lol: the guy who invented the RBP history thread :rolleyes:

12. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

broke down and bought NHL 2k6 today, and pre-ordered Civilization 4. I think I'm going to like the hockey game...

13. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Wow, my co-workers and I loudly sung the Canadian national anthem and loudly cheered for the Canadians all night including the Canadians overtime winning goal - and the New Yorkers didn't really seem to mind it at all.

Neither team played particularly well, it was a pretty sloppy match, but the Canadians won so I guess we will take it.

I was actually quite impressed with Madison Square Gardens. The arena design is such that there are no really bad seats - there are no obstructions to your view and the distance from the playing surface looked reasonable even for the top tier.

Our seats were in the second row of the second tier and we had a really nice view of the ice. As an added bonus, the ticket price was probably half of what it would be for a similar seat in Toronto.

14. olimikrig

Media:
    I'm :sleep: and in serious lack of :coffee: . On top of that I got a meeting in a few hours.
    This looks to be a bad day.

15. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Get some sleep. You've been awake all the time until now, haven't you?

16. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

No rest for the wicked, eh? :shake:

I can only salute your dedication to the process, young magma-man. Should I stop sending you item ideas, then? :evil:

@ Arifirh:
    To be honest, that's why I thought to ask! :lol: After all, that's the way I tend to work too. I'm scarcely going to object to a fellow servant of the leaf, am I? :coffee2:

And why does everyone want to be a ruler? Must we make every bent bow straight? Can't we all just get along?

/me puts daisy in hair and goes skipping through a field of long grass :hippy:

O.K... 10 cups before breakfast is a bad idea... :spin:

17. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    I was going to post this in the Pirates RP OOC thread, but some others around here just might get a kick out of it:
    Terrorists Revisited

18. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Morning...again? Sigh, seems like these things creep up on me everyday.
    I'm at BoM most of the day, taking time to keep up on my stories - Enterprise, Dog: TBH, Mythbusters, Holmes on Homes and American Justice. I return every few hours to check on new postings and see how much trouble Fel, olim and ofelix are in this time. :D

The best part is today is Friday and the weekend is here (for me anyway)! Yay!

19. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Canadian Thanksgiving this weekend, and I won't be spending the time with my mother :cry: .

I need :coffee: or :coffee2: right now. Last night was not a good night for sleeping.

Time to get a lot of school work done. What fun! :rolleyes:

20. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    :wave: I'm back. Miss me? :D

Had fun. Got booze, got par-teh, got new shiny boots yhat are v. shoegasmic, saw sister, had fun in many ways.

Might sleep for the next 24 hours, tho :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.