1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #46

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Sep 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

:whoa: I hope you don't mean that how it sounded. ;)

Don't worry, Ofelix and I filled in for you while you were gone. Check it out; it's good for a laugh. :D

2. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    har har har, Fel. *calls security; there is an intruder in the gutter*

And I did see. V. impressive :p

3. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Eh what to say? I'm... We're... no I'm good!

4. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

@ara - welcome back - did miss ya. and for the record, I misinterpreted your statement, but I had an image of 'The Great Arabwel' cutting her sister in half... :heh:

@mag - no, 10 cups before breakfast is a problem (for your bladder, if nothing else :) )

Anyway, got canned today. Or they "terminated my employment contract for reasons of insufficient productivity". I suppose the stress is gone, at least, but now I gotta rush on other work (I don't WAN'T unemployment insurance) :p

5. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Now that Ara's back, I don't think we need to bother with this 'ofelix is king o' da gems' thingy.

Oh, I would like to let others here in on the late-breaking forecast for next week:

Due to a lack of interest, Monday has been cancelled. The week will resume with Tuesday and the normal schedule following as usual.

6. Arabwel

Media:
    Mondays are evil anyway.

I am torn between admiring the vclöeanliness of my apartment, my new shiny fridge, or being gasmic over my new shiny boots that cost.... too much.

... they actually cost almost twice as much as the rent in the place I had before this one :eek:

I fdo have some nice strawberry tequila that I am planning to try... mebbe..

7. Dendri Gems: 20/31

As if my avatar wasnt pretty enough all by itself it looks even better with the midnight blue background! :bigeyes:

What will it take, I wonder, to have Tal plunge all of SP into utmost, deepest darkness? Bitter threats? Vile blackmailing? Ah... the whole spectrum of possibilities is just too wide. :)

8. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Welcome back, Ara. It a short while I will be off to the wilds of New York City. When I get back I will have the fun of spending hours catching up with SP.

9. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    I have some downright evil plans for the Student Baptism (I'm sure that's not the proper English word, but my dictionaries are in Kortrijk.)

Get out the whips! :evil: ;)

10. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

@ Uytuun: :eek: Freshers' Week sounds pretty extreme in Belgium! I never had you pictured as a kinky one. Ara, maybe, but you? I'm surprised, but not sure whether to be frightened or curious...

11. Ofelix

Media:
    Kuemper, But monday is thaksgiving! We can't cancel thanksgiving!

12. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I've always wondered just what the heck thanksgiving is about :hmm: All I've understood thus far, is that you gather and eat turkey (and that cutting the turkey is a special honour of sorts) :p

13. Arabwel

Media:
    @Uytyyn: Want to borrow one of mine? :evil:

*hums SuperFreak*

14. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

It's ritual sacrifice...with pie. :yum:

15. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I've decided that I'm going to make some fortune cookies for our families thanksgiving dinner. It isn't tradition but I've always been one of the black sheep. I'm resisting the urge to put a few pointed fortunes in.

16. Ofelix

Media:
    Olimikrig; I myself is confused about the meaning of this ''thanksgiving'' However what I know is that all the family gather at my Grandmother's House, we celebrate with great food. I think it's a thank to god for all that we have, at least in Catholic ritual. Hence the name Thanksgiving. I think it's when the harvest is near. It's why in the united state it's in November and north here it's in october. Myself not being very catholic it's only an excuse to see the family.

It's only been four three and a half hours I'm awake and it's already 16;00 Damn!

17. jaded empath Gems: 20/31

Veteran

Okay, I prefer short-sleeved shirts...or maybe 'half' sleeves just to the elbow (I think the cuffs feel awkward), but with colder weather, my forearms are getting chilly, which brings me to my question:

Are there stores that sell just sleeves?

(I kinda envision baggy 'arm warmers' much like the leg accessories of '80s dancers... :) )

18. Ofelix

Media:
    I doubt it.

Imagine it...

Man; Sir do you seel sleeves medium size for me no sleeve shirt?

Clerk; Wha...?

Man; yes, sleeves you see the weather is getting colder

Clerk; Sir, the door please.

19. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    @Magpie

Don't worry it was just a figure of speech. ;)

But the poor 1st years will have to endure some pain and filth (nothing obscene or extreme, but enough so they'd remember it for the rest of their lives ;) ). I'll spare you the details. I don't really want to think about what I had to do last year. :shake:

20. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

What a grey and depressing day today is.

What a great start to the weekend :rolleyes: . Now, if only I could figure out something that would cheer me up or entertain me. Or both.

Any suggestions?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.