1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #47

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Oct 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

Wow, this RBP is going fast...

/me goes back to the shadows

2. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I'm waiting to hear back from the doctor's office. Whatever happened to going there, handing off the papers, asking a few pertinent questions and getting a fresh appointment? Noooooo! Up here, you have to call first and *maybe* you can talk to the doctor, who isn't in the office but the secretaries/nurses aren't saying. :grr:

For those who might be concerned, don't be. I've narrowed it down to I either have hepatitis (I had the vaccination shots 5 years ago when I worked in a nursing home and that's what's showing up) or I have diabetes. On the up side, I'm hoping they found a giant tapeworm in the xrays, which explains my weight problem! :p

3. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

@gnarf
    BAH! Call me a :geezer: but the hockey season for everyone is long since there's SO MANY frickin' teams. In my day the hockey season didn't begin until sometime after the first snowfall, and Lord Stanley's Cup would be hoisted by the winning team before those same snows disappeared - a season was a SEASON, not half a frickin' year.

And the snow we got was MUCH better than this stuff we get now - that call it snow....and I tell you I got to be a real EXPERT on snow; I had to walk n miles through it - uphill, BOTH ways - to school, with nothing to look at except what covered the world... <grumble-grumble>

"And if you tell kids of today that, they won't believe you." :D

4. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    ... there is something vaguely disturboing about a cat stalking a bowl of salad.

On the other hand, I am contemplating that bottle of red wine again - nothing to do tomorrow, and so forth.

5. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    today at school somebody said I looked like '' Jerusalem '' I was kinda (and still am) disturbed by this comment. I looks like Jerusalem ?! .

Still couldn't get in the library with her this is going nowhere I'm afraid.

Jerusalem! JERUSALEM! Can someone explain it to me?

6. SatansBedFellow Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Were you per-chance sporting some elaborate head-gear adorned with tiny,yet increadibly detailed, models of the wailing wall, Damascus Gate and Al-Aqsa mosque? :)

7. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

A little over an hour before auditions :eek: . I really hope I get the role I want.

/me chews on her nails

Having a sore throat and needing to perform long speeches is not going to be fun. Lemon tea with honey is my friend right now.

Anyone got any spare luck they can give me?

8. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

/me roots around pockets

Nah, sorry; I musta left my spare luck in the other jacket. :( Never mind; break a leg, as they say! :thumb:

@ Ofelix: [sings] And did Ofelix in ancient time, walk upon England's mountains green? [/sings] :shake:

9. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

/me casts Super-Duper-Miss-Actress-Fantastico-Luck on Lai

What is the plural of danish, as in the pastry? Is it danish, like moose, fish, deer, elk, marlin? I was reading a book with this sentence:

I brought a couple Danish from the restaurant...

10. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I think it still counts as an adjective, resulting in no plural.

11. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    We are danes or danish people :p

12. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Yeah but two danish pastries wouldn't be a couple of danes would they :lol:

13. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Nope just my regular clothes, he must've been out of his mind.

14. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

I've frequently heard the pastries referred to as danishes, but that could just be our ign'ance. :heh:

15. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

I don't know about Jerusalem, but a lot of people tell me I smell like Sao Paulo.

16. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

Don't feel ashamed: many of the ambulant dead get that problem at the 1-month stage, so you're not alone!

You know what I find solves the problem? Fire! And lots of it...

17. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I wish I ate breakfast this morning. We went on a school trip to McMaster University today for a leadership and teamwork skill building thing. First off it was all outside, and it was raining all day. That wasn't so bad. But combined with a lack of a change of clothes and being hungry, I was cold and hungry.

One of the activities involved a 50 foot Alpine Tower, and I got about halfway about before I ran out of energy and started feeling light headed. I repelled back down, and then almost passed out. I wish I had known that it would have been so physically demanding, I was like the only person who didn't make it all the way to the top.

18. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Hmmm. i have a 3-inch long scab on my thigh. Sooo much fun, not!

*grumble*

I am seriously pondering the alcohol now...

19. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

Yay, I just noticed that I hit the mighty 1k limit! Not like it's a big achievement since some people have reached that limit in a couple of months, you know who I'm talking about you evil spam monsters! :shake:

20. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    meh, I know she's talkin' about "cakes" :shake:

They could be, couldn't they :p , or maybe not..

/me ponders

Why *do* you call it danish in the USA (maybe canada too?) :hmm:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.