1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #47

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Oct 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

As Chevy Chase once said:
    I always heard the pastry called a danish or danishes for two or more. Through diligent researching (I looked it up in a dictionary ;) ), it is more correct to say 'Danish' reguardless of how many pastries, but calling it 'Danish(es)' is okay, too. I guess I'll file it away with 'judg(e)ment'.

2. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I met a childhood friend and two high school friends today. The childhood friend reminds me of all the pranks we played as kids, and the high school ones reminds me... of five years of pot-smoking. Ahh, those were the days. Never have french classes been *SO* funny. :hippy:

Also, I had an idea for a new name for this thread. We should call it "Cornucopia of randomness"

3. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    For 47 posts we called it Radon Babbling post, why changing? Will it add any flavour to it? No, I don't think so.

4. Disciple of The Watch

Hey, at least I'm trying to suggest good ideas. You can't blame a guy for trying.

5. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    kuemper, I hope that your doctors appointment goes well. I had diabetes once and it wasn't fun. Lucky it was only gestational diabetes and that goes away as soon as the baby is born. It was a good heads-up though to take care of myself so I don't develop the non-temporary kind in the future.

good luck friend, I hope its not hepatitis either.

6. Disciple of The Watch

Yes, best of luck for our own lovely Marilith. I'll cross my pinky toes that it's nothing serious... my thoughts go with you, kuemp!

7. Ofelix

Media:
    Good luck Kuemper... Hope you'll get better soon.

8. Disciple of The Watch

And Tha Ofelix... ditching my random name idea so rudely was nasty. I'll remember it. :flaming:

Just kidding. :D

But sometimes, tradition needs to be challenged. Hell, I am a Chaotic-Neutral, no? "Resents restrictions, challenges tradition" and, I, uh, forgot the rest.

9. Ofelix

Media:
    I wasn't ditching anything I only stated that this thread didn't need a new name that's all.

And why are you calling me ''tha Ofelix'' when my name is Cleary ''Ofelix'' I fail to uderstand...

10. Disciple of The Watch

It originally started as "The Ofelix" which does more serious, and then I accidently types "Tha" and decided to keep it that way. Whaaaaat? You don't like it?

11. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

As the collector of RB data, I feel I must weigh in on this issue.

@TNO:
    You aren't the first and you won't be the last, but thank EVERY DEITY THAT HAS EVER BEEN CONCEIVED that Tal hasn't listened to such suggestions. It was hard enough to find the entire string of RB threads without every fifth one being named something different. I much prefer having a standardized (and enduring) name in order to bunch all of these things together, and the acronym RBP has become a tradition on the boards.

I've also noticed that name-changes tend to result in an increase in the speed of posting (which is already fast enough without any help). The short-lived "Non-spam Spam Post" set a record speed (twice as fast as the average) that was not broken until RBP#26. If we changed the name now, we'd probably be done with the first 'new' one in less than a week.

12. Disciple of The Watch

@Felinoid: I understand. Let us continue with RBP, then. But hey, at least I suggested something. :D

13. Ofelix

Media:
    Okay I only needed an explanation.

Weren't there also a '' Radon babbling post possibly with some sense'' or something like that once?

14. Felinoid

@TNO:
    Hey, if you want to suggest something, just be around when a new forum is being named.

@Ofelix:
    Yes. In fact, the singular NsSP was the only thread that separated the six "Post for random babbling, possibly with some sense" threads from the 40+ RBPs.

Oh, and before I forget to babble about it, I named The Colosseum!! :banana: Well, kind of; I suggested The Coliseum (which is the generic word) and Tal named it The Colosseum (which is the name of the huge amphitheater in Rome). All hail my amazing brain! Go on, touch it. :roll:

15. Disciple of The Watch

This post is compatible with dual-layer DVD-R recorders.

*EDIT* Cannot... post... Tal will smoke me... cannot... post...

@Felinoid: You're CN too? Amen, bro! :D
    I sway towards evil, however... 44% good. :evil:
    I am *not* evil! According to the OkCupid uberalgorithm, I am "less compassionate", "more selfish", "more pessimistic", and "less trusting". Oh well.

[ October 14, 2005, 04:53: Message edited by: The New Order ]

16. Felinoid

Ah yes; the urge to babble is nigh irresistable for us CN types, ain't it? :roll:

Who besides me is getting tired of the "bearly" pun on every other thing that has to do with bears? :mad: If that joke was a horse, somebody'd shoot it.

EDIT:
    :lol:

[ October 14, 2005, 05:15: Message edited by: Felinoid ]

17. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

I don't know. I just don't know...

18. Ofelix

Media:
    Yeah you got that right! So, Let us (un)babbles for.... like..... a.....long... time? yeah that'll do

On this I wish you a good night

19. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Fighting is down in the NHL this year, but there were like 6 of them this evening...

20. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Well I thought I knew but now I don't know if I know what I thought I knew.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.