1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #47

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Oct 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    haha, occyliciousness is formed out of occy, which is formed of Octara, who is 8peeps :p

2. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Do you ever check your PM Olimikrig? I add some other ''quote'' that I need your approuval to.

I prefer Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious myself thank you. ;)

3. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

Oh, he gets them alright. It's just that being in charge of the BoM item pack, he gets about 5 per minute! :lol:

4. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

It's time for another edition of "Weird Things on the Bus".

I saw someone riding on the bus who must have had the worst case of gas in her life. She alternately bawling ( :wail: ) and belching, and the disparity was so hard to ignore that many of the people sitting around her started laughing, which only set her off worse. I wasn't sure if I should feel bad for her becoming a public spectacle, or laugh my a$$ off like I was watching AFV. :shake:

5. Ofelix

Media:
    I tried to do the IPA of Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious... It's impossible to do! there's just too much letter!

6. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    ... I now have a slightly modified version of "Bootylicious" stuck in my head :eek:

7. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    the IPA is not something to handle without care, my friend. It is...a weapon that only the bravest of souls can use.

And no, I can't tell you the secret password you need to join that club. :D

But rest assured, it's possible.

8. Arifirh Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

@Ofelix

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
    ['su:pәk,æli’frægil,IstIk'Ikspi,ælI'dәʊ,ʃәs]

And just for fun...

Dociousaliexpiisticfragicalirupus
    ['dәʊʃәs,ælI'Ikspi,IstIk'frægi,kæli'ru:,pәs]

9. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Got Thanksgiving Dinner with my folks tonight and I'm not looking forward to the 'update':

"Well, I finally got fired from that Customer Service job you vaguely approved of but was ruining my health through stress to the point of almost getting an ulcer and inactivity to the point of muscular atrophy. Instead I now am working at a warehouse labourer job you will doubtlessly be ashamed to mention to your acquaintances even though it pays virtually the same money, is more physically demanding which will help rid me of this 'spare tire' that the previous job's sedintary nature gave me, and is MUCH less stressful. Pass the potatoes, please?"

*sigh* The big problem is not that my parents are rather old-fashioned in how they approve or disapprove of me, but that my peace of mind is so dependent upon that same approval. :p

EDIT: which makes me think of this BtVS quote:
    :hahaerr:

[ October 10, 2005, 21:39: Message edited by: apathetic empath ]

10. Ofelix

Media:
    What for Fun? :eek:

Arifirh,
    You sure have beat me on IPA...

edit; Hurray! I have done all my work, now I can babble freely on BOM! Hurray! :banana:

[ October 10, 2005, 22:03: Message edited by: Ofelix ]

11. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I'm off to DnD play now. Be good all and if you can't be good, be careful. :wave: BTW, I'm #70 for top posters - yay me!

12. Arabwel

Media:
    It is official. I am :sick: as a dog. Tomorrow morning, first thing I will do is go see the nice doctor people and get meddies.

in other news, still haven't found the damn bird. Hope it gets found soon, I do not wish to step on anything dead again...

13. Ofelix

Media:
    Hope you'll get better soon Ara! :(

SP isn't SP without you.

14. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Wow, I'm actually back at my house. I almost forgot what it looked like. :lol:

15. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    :jawdrop: You mean that you can actually bable more than you already do :shake: The RBP thread wouldn't be the same without you anyways.

16. Ofelix

Media:
    Of course I do. But tomorow I'm back to school so I'll have less time. But I'll find some way to babble my way to glory!

For a change here's a french proverb

It means you got to do your duty without worries of the consequences.

edit; I'M SEEING POST! I'M Seeing post everywhere!

17. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

*runs away screaming again* Ari, IPA again?? Honestly, I am going to have nightmares about my phonetics class.

Oh, and just for old times sake:
    antidisestablishmentarianism
    [æntaydIsεstεæblIʃmεntæriyənIzəm] :p

18. Arabwel

Media:
    *hugs Lai* there, there...... it is not that bad. have a :beer: or some chocolate.

I think the dead bird was discovewred. or art least dead SOMETHNG. Must investigate...

19. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Just noticed that on every Kokanee bottle, there's a tiny little man climbing the mountain, and he's never at the same place twice. Interesting.

20. Ofelix

Media:
    That's because you've been drinking too many kokanee friend. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.