1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #47

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Oct 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

ARGH! I have been outbid! BASTARD!

/me goes Berzerk

Oh well. Just bid on another page from another provider. (Half-orc imitation) Me go berzerk if me outbid again!

*EDIT* hmm, precooked rice...

[ October 17, 2005, 22:44: Message edited by: The New Order ]

2. Warrior of the World

Warrior of the World Questing through space

3. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Speaking of eating...

Had dinner at a Moroccan restaurant. Couscous is good :p

My new PC should (will be? it better be!) be here tomorrow. I've got such a long list of games to play on it I don't know where to start.

4. Warrior of the World

Warrior of the World Questing through space

You aren't on Resnet, are you, Ziad?

5. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Congrats on the new avatar, Warrior. :thumb:

Methinks Tal has been working long hours again.[/URL] :nuts:

EDIT:
    Bah, Tal deleted his post. :p

[ October 18, 2005, 00:43: Message edited by: Felinoid ]

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I can't believe no one's jumped at this one yet...

Colthrun, so you've got two sheds? :grin:

Felinoid, seeing things? :shake:

7. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

I saw it, I saw it with my own eyes! He said "e..."

........crap, there's something wrong with my connection.

But I saw it too, Felinoid.

You can't eat macaroni, it will hurt!

8. Disciple of The Watch

Macaroni is evil.

Useless trivia: Pastas are chinese in origin, and not italian. :D

9. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

I saw that on the paper just the other day. They found pasta thousands of years old...and I bet it was mean as hell at getting disturbed. Wonder how it smelled.

Kinda like the dog without a nose, I'd wager.

10. Disciple of The Watch

A dog without a nose? Now THAT I gotta see!

Reminds me of my six-toed cat... Rest in peace, buddy!

Thousands years old pasta? Let's try it and see if we get high :lol:

11. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    the macaroni is indeed evil :sick:

chocolate, on the other hand... *licks lips*

12. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Macaroni
    From OE mack (something from North), ah (yawning drawl), row (hurry with those oars, man!) and ni (the knights who now say icky-icky-icky-p'tang-zip-tong-etc.)

An exerpt from the journal of Doctor Fredrick Pharr, an upper class Englishman who was quite a snob and daringly proud of his mismatched fingernails:
    1811, June 9th
    My secret work under Wellington is proving well-founded. I have long studied the inherent, dare I even put it into words?, evilness of Boney's newest weapon of war. Thousands of our boys are dying each day because of this and it was, finally, put to me to test my theory.
    In the dead of day, I put myself into the line of fire of Boney's deadly plan. I jauntily stepped into the tent which housed the, presumeably until now, disabled macaroni. I put a kettle to boil water, waited patiently 2.4 minutes and scooped a cupful of the seemingly innocent pasta into a sugar bowl. The steaming water splashed into the Wedgeworth porcelin.
    Lo and behold! The macaroni began to swell, growing to emense proportions! I dropped the bowl and made my escape before the limp, soggy pasta could ensnare my sparkling Hessians.
    Wait! What was that odd, yet mysterious noise outside of my tent? What is that grippingly familiar rending sound? Why is the shadow of a gigantic piece of macaroni looming over me?
    Oh dear.

The entry ends with ink and blood stains smeared on the paper. There is a peculiar scent of starch as well.

13. Disciple of The Watch

@Ara: Agreed. Nothing like chocolate... damn, this is making me hungry.

Parody: Attack of the Killer Macaronis instead of Attack of the Killer Tomatoes Hmm... was that a movie, or a game? I can't remember.

Also, stability bored me, so I have taken another monicker.

*EDIT* Yup, I didn't won the pager. I feel like ordering something from the bastard who beated me to it, just to get the shipping adress, travel there, and give him one solid punch in the face. :flaming:

[ October 18, 2005, 03:40: Message edited by: Disciple of The Watch ]

14. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Another quiet night at work. Working at a library for graduate students is nice. They already know what they're doing, and by this time, even the ones that may have started school with a superior (read arrogant) air havbe settled down to do real work. Veterinary school is tough! I've seen the board review questions. Whew!

Not much else going on in my life right now. Got my pets moved into the aprtment with me, the kitty cats have figured out their pecking order, and my roomates' cats have learned that messing with the fish tanks lands them in deep doo-doo. Well, not really, but they get a dunk in the water, after which they are not so eager to get near the tanks again...
    I'm still getting used to having roommates, especially ones whose schedules are so different from mine.

15. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Try melting a cup of choco-chips, a cup of butterschotch chips, 1/4 cup peanut butter, and 1/4 real butter together in a double boiler. When it is all melted add 2 cups dry chowmein noodles and 1 cup peanuts. Spoon them into nice lumps on a try of some kind and let them harden. Now that will make a persons chocolate tooth sing.

16. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

What a day today. Too bad I didn't actually get any schoolwork done. Oops.

Meh, it was worth it in the end.

17. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I sincerely hate doctor's appointments :(

Now I have a great urge to make myself some noodles, for some reason 0_o

18. Disciple of The Watch

Coca-Cola Zero tastes like the richman's Royal Crown (for the non initiated, Royal Crown a is cheap, undrinkable imitation of Pepsi) Nasty.

19. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

I never thought that Royal Crown was that bad, but thought that Pepsi was kind of watered down, and was a Coke drinker, but have since cut way back on the cola. Hot Chocolate and other chocolate is the primary supplier of my Caffeine needs...

A Friend of mine from church was in a sever car accident on his way home from work Saturday night. Apparently, nobody noticed him there for about 4 hours. I've heard his neck is broken. I guess that's my shock...

20. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    That is horrible Gnarfflinger, I hope your friend is not paralized. My condolences to your friend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.