1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #47

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Oct 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

@Tha Ofelix: No, I'm serious, look at the label carefully and you'll eventually spot it. I'll scan a label, circle the little fella and send it to you, if you want. :D

[ October 11, 2005, 01:28: Message edited by: The New Order ]

2. Arifirh Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Yay! More precious linguistics! :book:

Thanks Lai, and sorry about the nightmares :mommy:

@Ara
    Get well soon :(

3. Disciple of The Watch

Beer fans, check out the poll I just spawned and vote for your fav!

4. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

antidisestablishmentarianism was used in a Blackadder III episode and i spent ages as a kid trying to say it. Cracked it eventually. Then i set myself the task of... pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis, which i still have difficulty with :(

5. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Well, I am now over 1000 posts here on the BoM :grin: :banana: .

Ari, :p .

Tomorrow's back to class after a 4-day weekend :( At least I don't have one of my classes tomorrow :hippy: .

6. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

I'm 5 off now :p

7. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Gooooo Lai! *glomps* :banana:

*ha a :beer: *

just for the redorc, the dead thing was a leaf of some sort.

8. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    IPA? I just have them repeat the word until they get it right. :evil: :shake:

9. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31

What's a redorc? :confused:

IPA gives me a massive headache. Especially when you have to listen to tapes of other languages and transcribe what you're hearing into IPA for homework. Of course, me being the expert procrastinator I am, I'd end up doing the transcriptions at 1:30 am, the day the assignment was due.

10. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Well, I believe some orogs (who are cousins to the orc) are red, and there's also:

Redork: when a former dork becomes a dork again
    (I think it was supposed to be record. :shake: )

11. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    An orc with communist views (shoot on sight).

12. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Beer is good, beer is my friend!

IPA is good stuff, Linguistic rock.

I know many people who fall unto that category.

Hey if each possibility leads to a alternative plane of existence, does it means in some plane, the Ngage is succeful? Or that Baldur's Gates games are sucky?

edit; I just realized that in the ''Latest Active Threads on the SP Message Boards'' on the front page 4 out of 5 threads were by me. What? Me spamming? Noooooooo....

[ October 11, 2005, 03:41: Message edited by: Ofelix ]

13. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    *record.

Redorc = also something my M$ spellchecker doesn't catch cuz I have red orcs in the fantasy world I am nanboing in :p

14. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31

:grin:

Why am I so sleepy right now? It's just past 10 pm here, and I am ready to go to bed. I never go to bed this early.

15. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I know what you mean Laiwethel! I too am going to sleep even though it's only 22:43! :aaa: !

16. Disciple of The Watch

@Laiwethel & Ofelix: Drink up some Jolt Ultra. You'll forget what being tired is. Trust me. I live off of this stuff. The battery-shaped can pretty much says it all about its potency.

17. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31

@TNO - I need sleep so I don't fall asleep in classes tomorrow. And I am not a huge fan of Jolt in any form.

I'm just glad that tomorrow is not going to be as brutal a day as it usually is in terms of # of classes I have to attend. One of the classes is cancelled because the prof is giving a guest lecture in another class at the same time. Which means I only have 2 hours of class... one at 10 am and the other hour at 3 pm. Yay! Of course, there is the amount of work that needs to be done for Wednesday, but I'm not going to think about that now. It will just depress me.

18. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    What a weird thanksgiving dinner we had yesterday. One of my brothers was drunk (not so weird - that) He was sitting outside one the patio after a wonderful turkey dinner and I went out to join him for a few minutes.

My brother has never been mean to any animal but he has always said that he doesn't like cats very much. He has two very big dogs that are like children to him and a mouser-cat because he lives in the country and someone has to take care of the mouse problem.

Well, when I came outside he was sitting with a very small cat on his knee. My other brother, who's house we were at, said that the little cat had just appeared at their house a few days before, starving and craving attention. I commented to the brother who was sitting outside that the little cat looked very comfortable sitting on the knee of someone who doesn't like cats. He looked at me in a kind of drunk thoughtful bithery way and sort of shrugged. Then he asked me who's cat she was and I said that the little kitty was a stray. He commented that she was kind of a pretty little thing.

I went inside but later on I found my brother around a different part of the house playing badminton with the kids. Again the little kitty was hanging around him. I made some joke about her liking him and he commented that if I kept talking like that he might just have to take her home.

I never saw him leave but one of the kids came over and said that Uncle C had left and he took the cat with him and named her Turkey. I found the whole episode funny because he says he doesn't really like cats and touching because I know he's got a soft heart under a tough surface. Although he was drunk when he took her I called the next day and he didn't regret his actions at all. He said that his big dogs didn't bother her at all although the other cat wasn't impressed. Apparently she made herself right at home.

19. Disciple of The Watch

@Laiwethel: Well, it was worth a try. :D

General Note: This is not :pope: for Jolt.

*EDIT* Well, looks like it's my time to go to bed. I'm out of fuel (Jolt, that is) and I have school tomorrow... blaaargh. :rolleyes:

20. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

DnD turned out well...boring as most of the intro dialog crap is, but well.

It's my b-day. Please send well-wishes and/or insults to SS under HBD to me thread. It's not much fun as we are quite poor and unable to get me any books I like. :(

What is IPA and why are you talking about it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.