1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #47

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Oct 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Still :sick: . I think it might be getting worse.

I need something that will get rid of a sinus infection, short of going to the doctor. Any suggestions?

2. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Apart from keeping yourself warm and drinking some hot tea with raspberry syrup or whisky or honey & lemon? Hmm... I don't know more than this. Or try those non-prescription extra strong sweets-like pills.

3. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    I'm pretty sure you're going to need some doctor prescribed medication for that one, Lai. :)

It can be a painful affair if not looked after properly.

4. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Laiwethel, go to a doctor. You are like my husband. Gets bad sinus infections but doesn't want to go to a doctor until it is too late. If you don't get it taken care of friend, then my guess is that it will be worse the next time you get a sinus infection.

...not lecturing...not lecturing

o.k., and eat some chicken or turkey soup with about 12 cloves of garlic. Garlic is one of natures best healing substances even if it does make you stink.

5. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    YAAAAWWNN Got back from school do teacher *enjoys* giving us ridiculously long assigment or what?! I got this one, better start tonight. Of course bless be the school library. Plus I got to watch this movie and write an essay on it. Like '' Can this movie be labbeled as ''Hollywood'' by nature ''. There's that book I gotta read for Oct 24. I still got to eat too...

You won't see me often...

6. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I remember we stood up to teachers if they came up with bizarre homework. Homework is not the only bizarre thing they can come up with, though. Yesterday, the chemistry teacher in my old highschool ordered my brother to give up his test, insulted him and gave him a failing grade for... using a pencil and rubber. I almost typed out and printed a love letter to the headmaster ("I am addressing you with a kind request to explain why..."). The young one is determined to go even to the administrative court if he has to -- he says he had the tasks done right, as well, so he should normally have got a good grade, not even just a pass. Mother wants to do it the talking way but she says she's going to blow that school the **** up on one day. Wonder what it's going to help if the headmaster himself lowered my grade for writing on a square paper in two smooth columns instead of one wide column or failed a test part for using percentiles instead of decimals despite the calculations being right. :rolleyes: Come to think about it, I'm going to need some material for my Master's thesis in administrative law... :evil:

7. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31

Okay, okay. I'll see if I can get into my uni's health services office on Thursday.

In the meantime, lots of chicken soup. And perhaps some really garlicky garlic bread :D .

8. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

This post has been altered from its original format. It has been formatted to fit your monitor.

@Lai - Are you stuffed up or does it all run out? For stuffiness, I recommend a *decongestant*, not an antihistimine (they dry out tissue and are evil). For runniness, keep blowing with very soft tissue/TP. In either case, try food with chicken in it, hot tea or soup for the steam effect. Also, hot cloths across your nose from cheek to cheek may help ease the suffering.

My bananas are not dancing; wtf?

9. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

@Lai:
    Get some cans of chicken noodle; minimum fuss, maximum healing. :)

@kuemper:
    I've heard that the smilies stop moving after a while if you just let them run, and I know they stop moving if you click on a link in the thread (which opens a new window and effectively hits the STOP button for the first page). But if you're expecting the bananas from the store to dance into your mouth, maybe you should take a tiny break from SP. :nuts:

A little bit of randomness:
    [ October 12, 2005, 02:32: Message edited by: Felinoid ]

10. Ofelix

Media:
    You can pursache the original soundtrack of this motion picture at your local store. Available in CD, tapes, and vinil disc

Two hours of Research on Google and I found many thing on my research! yeah! Gonna hit the library tomorow though. Fortunately the subject of this reasearch has enough info on it. The main subject is '' A job in the world of cinema '' Plus my partner's a real cuttie, I swear she's really cute . Can't wait to hit the private rooms of the library :cool: . Err for schoolwork only... of course

:banana: Nope my banana works!

11. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Available sound options for this post: Stereo, Dolby 3.0, Dolby 5.1 - Please note: other settings may not be supported.

@Tha Ofelix: Biology is schoolwork. Just don't make a mess in the library...!

Parents are annoying. They expect to have no news of me for a long time after I leave. They're damn right they will, cuz they will never have any. That sounds harsh? Maybe it is, because I am SOOOOOOOO pissed off right now. :flaming:

12. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    But just remember not to get it working in the school library :hahaerr: .

[ October 12, 2005, 02:39: Message edited by: olimikrig ]

13. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31

/me takes notes

Okay... so runny nose, blow nose; lots of garlic; chicken noodle soup; hot tea. Right.

Oh yeah, and going to the doctor.

Did I forget anything?

EDIT: What about sleep?

14. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

This post is beta, so please report any bugs to me. This post is not compatible with the WeiDu versions of Ofelix, Olimikrig, Felinoid and The New Order. In order for this post to work, please install the BTA, Beren and Taluntain patches before this post. If you have the Dancing Banana addon, you will need to increase your blinking speed to 50/minute. You can do this by opening up your Motor Function config file and typing in DanceMonkeeDance under the heading WTF.

15. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kudos to Kuemper for giving us all a good laugh :shake: :banana:

Lai, you should probably consider getting some sleep ;)

16. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Food is good!

Sleep is good!

Waking up for a midnight snack is evil!

But food is still good. :yum: :rolling:

17. Dice

Media:
    Oh Oh... I hear a loud sucking sound coming from my babys room. I think it's time for operation remove-thumb-from-mouth-and-put-something-more-nutricious-in-it.

18. Ofelix

Media:
    Ofelix(tm) GOES GOLD

Montréal, 11 october 2005

The long awaited sequel to french canadian role playing game of the years is going gold this very day. The initial release in north america is scheduled for 17th october. World wide released date is still discused at the moment. Ofelix will have open ended gameplay multiples ending and just everything fan demand! Taken from the developpers these are the *official* requirements.

Win Vista 3, Win Vista 2, Win XXP (Win Vista 3 recomended)
    120 Ghz Pentium IX or 100% compatible
    32 Go RAM (64 is required for multiplay)
    700 Go free space on your HD
    4X speed KAD driver (*Kick @ss disc)

:cool:

19. Dice

Media:
    hmmm, my friend bought that game. She said it was kinda buggy.

20. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    So much homework lately! Even after doing it all, I still only have 56 percent in calculus. But hey, at least I'm still above the average. By far my lowest mark ever!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.