1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #50

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Nov 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Mornin' all Yeah DS hand some that coffee. I'd need it. Hey it's -2C in Montreal... kinda cold. Yesterday I witnessed the first snow of the year yeaaah!

2. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Morning everyone. It's -1C here, and I'm sure there's a wind chill.

I actually wore the parka yesterday, it was so chilly. Ick.

/me hunts down some tea or hot chocolate

3. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

/me hands Laiwethel some hot chocolate

4. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

If'n it's got mallows with it I'll partake of a cup

5. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Thank you for calling me strange. Compliments are nice sometime. Oh, but she was just as embarassed as I was, Dragonfly. Both of us blushed to a Coca-Cola red. And it didn't took an eternity. Just the time of seeing her :eek: , and it was settled.

Still, I'm glad this misadventure made some of you laugh.

@kuemp: Ofelix has a point here... beware EB games!

6. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Nothing happens with *any* metal detector, even the handheld ones! The only thing that I watch out for in EB is that bloody BING-BONG of their bloody stockroom door when they go in and out of it! :grr: :nolike: It's my dream to break in and disarm the friggin' BING-BONG in every EB across Canada!

The cookies are chocolate bits rolled into snakes or strings and twisted a bit like a pretzel. The cookbook pic makes them look like dog poop on waxed paper. :yum: Quite delish, especially still warm from the oven.

BTW, happy remembrance day!

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Disciple of The Watch (and anyone with similar "adventures"), please keep them confined to the piercing thread...

8. DarkStrider

My knee sometimes sets off the airport security gates but when they run the magic wand over me nothing happens.

And yes happy Remembrance Day.

9. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    No one ever has to show anything in a shop or any private place. The only people who can make such requirements binding on you are police officers (or border guards etc) and only in specific circumstances. They need to get an officer of the same gender as you and kick out everyone who's of the opposite. If they don't, you don't have to comply and if they go ahead by force, it's a regular sex assault. Shop or club guards are private citizens like you are and they can only ask you kindly if they want to do anything before the police arrives and then the police takes over. Searching is not routine procedure, so they have to have something concrete on you. Checking if you aren't perhaps running away with stuff is not enough. A beeping security gate is probably enough but they need a same gender officer, anyway, and they can always take you to the police station, paying attention so you don't drop what you have. On-site searches are always way overdone unless it's pinning down the mafia, drug pushers or people inclined to hurt themselves.

Where I live, cops themselves refrain from even patting your sides for guns or knives if they don't have a same gender officer. Security guards are typically all male, so they pat guys on the sides and sometimes check coats but females are asked *kindly* to open their purses and that's about it. If I saw anything more going on, I'd deal 112 and start making photos. And be sure to visit the relevant police unit and public prosecutor.

It's amazing how people get along with abuse when security guards decide to go for the whole thing and play cops. I suppose it doesn't come to many people's minds that they can just leave (pre-entry problems) and go elsewhere for shopping or clubbing, or demand to call cops (post-entry problems). Heck, guards themselves don't seem to know what they can and what they can't do, except they try not to push it round here (not like I haven't heard of various abuse).

The other side of the coin is that only cops (border guards etc) have the duty to do such things and certainly not private guards or administrative employees. If they are bothered, they can't be required.

[ November 11, 2005, 17:48: Message edited by: chevalier ]

10. DarkStrider

Working late tonight, so just made a fresh pot :coffee2: brazilian if anybody's interested :)

11. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

/me sniffs the hearty smell of a brazilian in a pot

None for me thanks. I'm driving. :nuts:

Got the cookies made. Their official title is Chocolate Pretzels. Hubby helped out by rolling the snakes and twisting them into B shapes. What a nice demon-I mean, meatbag. :p

12. DarkStrider

Are they nice cookies ?

/me tries to distract kuemper through talk whilst left hand tries to sneak cookie. damn she's got lich traps set up :evil:

So any chance of a cookie he asks hopefully ?

13. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Speaking of wind... I feel as if the roof's going to come off (I live on the top floor). I mean, people had warned me Edinburgh was cold (which it is), but few mentionned the wind. It's scary, for lack of a better term.

Oddly enough being so cold and windy (and rainy) doesn't stop it from being sunny.

"City of contradiction" indeed.

On a completely unrelated note, my Journal Club presentation went very well, for which I'm very very happy. And now that the weekend has begun and that is out of the way I can Planescape all day long! :banana:

(This game is *very* addictive)

14. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Sometimes professors can make your day. :D

15. SatansBedFellow Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

ohhh, do tell... ;)

16. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Oh yeah week-end! And uhh... Grandma's birthday tomorow so everyone will gather around the table. Much yeahness indeed!

17. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    @SatansBedFellow:

Just had a bit of a bad day and it helps when you get an essay back marked "very well done". It counts for 8/20 points of the exam. ;)

Didn't expect it to be that good.

Nothing kinky or anything, I'm afraid. :shake:

[ November 11, 2005, 22:21: Message edited by: Uytuun ]

18. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I'm a bit surprised by your warning, Tal, since we're in RB, but so be it.

Any follow-ups on my misadventure, see ya in the piercing thread...

19. SatansBedFellow Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Bah! I was hoping for something scandalous... :)

20. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Ow...

Today was a long, hard day. Time to :sleep:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.